Search results

1. D

Help me downgrade my system (amplification)

I agree completely. I bought it as a temporary solution which has become permanent for the reasons stated above. 30 day trial makes it almost a no brainer.
  2. D

New receiver with preouts?

Consider the new Outlaw RR2160. Great reviews from many and very reasonably price with lots of great features, including pre-outs. Thirty day returns as well. I have been very happy with this unit since I purchased it a few months ago. See youtube, Steve Guttenberg review of it, or read it on...
  3. D

Advent Legacy II - info please.

Listening to mine right now. Just swapped out my Cornwalls. Don't have the low-end of some other speakers of course but they sound just great. Several years ago I bought for $40.00 and re-foamed them. Since them, I never let a pair go by if they look good on the outside, fix-em up and give...
  4. D

How does my Pioneer PL-570 circa '77 compare to a modern one?

:bowdown:I'm sensing a theme here. Guess I'll stick with it, about which I feel fine. Thanks to all!
  5. D

I am the second owner of the TT so I don't know the age, but was told it sat unused in storage for a number of years. It was really filthy however-though I think it has been mostly cleaned now given how much better it sounds. Thanks for sharing your thoughts-you may well be right. I could...
  6. D

Mine works perfectly, though had a disgustingly dirty stylus. Since the SX-1250 may be going to a new home it won't look as good next to whatever replaces it-I always liked looking at them next to each other. And I imagine a cart newer and better than the Grado Blue currently installed might...
  7. D

Moving Magnet vs Moving Coil Question

Thanks to you and Bluemooze. I did change to the MM setting and everything now sounds great. The carts on both TT's sound roughly equivalent volume wise at the same volume level (unlike before). Huge difference. Just shows that "one shouldn't always believe what you think"-or have been told...
  8. D

Well, I've been playing vinyl since they were just records in the 60's, but I must have forgotten that in the years after I stood over the trash can and debated for about a minute before I dropped my Dual 1219 into thinking it was a dinosaur and CD's were so cool.:beatnik:
  9. D

I understand the Moving Iron piece, but was told by another to use the MC switch. I'll try it the other way as well. Thanks! -another little learning experience.
  10. D

Largely just a neophyte at these type of things. So does that explain the difference in volume experienced when switching from one cart on on TT with an MC and another on another TT set to MM? Thanks!
  11. D

It's an older Grado Blue. My real concern is if I should be expect the disparity in volume when I switch from one to the other. The other (on a second TT) is a Shure. I can adjust it, but was wondering if the Receiver manufacturer wouldn't be wise to implement in firmware some kind of balancing...
  12. D

I am trying out a new Outlaw RR2160 receiver and like it very much so far. It comes with a switch that has a setting for either MM/MC. Both sound good. However when set to MM I have to apply much more volume to get to the equivalent listening level of the MC. Where this matters is when I...
  13. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Simon & Garfunkel live in Central Park. Great album fueling the time machine.
  14. D

TT Recommendations

Thanks! I'll look into them as well.
  15. D

TT Recommendations

Thanks for the VPI Clifford Info. That checks a lot of boxes. I'll be anxious for some reviews. Watched some unboxing on YouTube. Looks very much like something in which I might be interested. What's the next up the ladder from that just out of curiosity.
  16. D

TT Recommendations

Yes. That is correct-not a vintage TT. Thanks
  17. D

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Crosby, Stills, Nash and even Young. Deja' Vu.
  18. D

TT Recommendations

I've been really into vintage stereo for the last several years and have loved everything about it-except for when things don't work or need repairs that take months at a time. So recently I purchased an Outlaw RR2160 (on 30 day trial-of which I'm halfway through). I really like it. Sounds as...
  19. D

Cornwall midrange udgrade needed

I have 77 Cornwalls. Hooked up to various Vintage Pioneer and Yamaha pieces they sounded great. I thought they were OK with the Home Theatre set-up. I have recently been trying out the latest Outlaw RR2160 2 channel and it sounds superior in every way to the vintage stuff (all of which had...
  20. D

Pioneer PL 530

Sounds like good info. I have a PL570 and think I'm in the market for a new one. I expect this is the original (see photo). Grado G with Blue Dot. Can you give me a few more specifics on DL-110 please? If you are able to enlarge the image the plastic looks like it is disintegrating and the...
  21. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

My new "Dylan and the Dead" from my Record Store fun earlier today. Worth the wait. I know Record Day is crowded, but I always have a great time, a lot of good people, great camaraderie.
  22. D

Anybody out for Record Store Day?

I went and had a blast. Got the Dylan and the Dead record I wanted. Was in a line of a couple hundred before the store opened. Everyone was helping each other find what they were after. All the Dead stuff went fast but someone told me they had one left at another store, so I raced over and...
  23. D

Issue with my SX-1250

I would agree in most cases, but in this particular case I think I won't name them as I don't believe this is likely the issue since they do so many 1250 restorations in addition to many others, and I've had a lot of work done there and bought a number of items from them as well as spending a...
  24. D

Issue with my SX-1250

I had my SX-1250 rebuilt about 18 months ago, and it seemed to function perfectly. I determined later that the right channel would play for awhile and then just drop out. If I turned balance all the way to the right I could barely hear it. For the short term I just connected to another receiver...
  25. D

Advent Legacy II at Thrift... Buy or Pass?

Legacy II's Actually, I have a lot of expensive Klipsch Legacy and Pioneer Speakers (HPM-100 for example). I really like the sound of the Legacy II's though. I use them in various situations. I've been buying them for $40.00 and refoaming them. I think they are a great speaker, with a...
Back
Top Bottom