Search results

1. oldmarantz

SCOTT 299S Help...

No problem, you tried, thanks you... the proof this schematic is not easy to find...
  2. oldmarantz

SCOTT 299S Help...

Thks but nothing about This 299S
  3. oldmarantz

SCOTT 299S Help...

Thanks for your Help Mrmodify...
  4. oldmarantz

SCOTT 299S Help...

Hello Guys I've got a SCOTT 299S on the bench, one channel is very weak and distorted, Some caps are leaky, no technical information on the web about this old transistor amplifier made in USA. Do you know where I can find schematic or service manual about it... Thks for your help Oldmarantz
  5. oldmarantz

Any information about this SCOTT Custom

My Audio Analyzer R&S UPA3 is quite easy to use, I like it, it is very friendly and enough accurate...
  6. oldmarantz

This Scott was retrieved in Switzerland at Geneva to be precise... a long way from states :biggrin: some news about it, yesterday I put a R 150 ohms between the 2 red wires and now it runs I've got: 354 V on 1 / 343 on 2 / 309 V on 3, the current drawn is 400 mA for 110V, at 10 W rms / 8 ohms...
  7. oldmarantz

As I understood, this mono amp+preamp was in a cabinet with a Garrard TT and perhaps a tuner, yes, view to the age of this scott it is possibly asbestos behind the valve and EL84, Yes the green wires are the heater and I checked, I have 6.3Vac on them.
  8. oldmarantz

There is no resistor between 1 and 2 (see pic.) there is a resistor between 2 and 3 but if there is nothing on 2 there is nothing on 3.just normal... Yes on the 1 (430v) it is connected to the output of the valve, the red wire of the 2 is connect to the output transformer and the blue/white wire...
  9. oldmarantz

Perhaps... If I dared I will strap the 2 red wires on the plug but...:idea:
  10. oldmarantz

Yes a Garrard TT was plugged to it, but I have no information about this plugging and no schematic, I found Nothing on the web, it's a mystery!
  11. oldmarantz

Hello Guys I have on the bench this old Scott Custom audio tube with an amp (el84) and a preamp (2x12au7 and 1 12au7) . Have you got information about this? I can't find information or schematic about it, it lights up but nothing, I think there is something missing, The heater is ok (6.3V) but...
  12. oldmarantz

Rappaport amp1 amplifier

The model I picked up has got bias trimmer, it seems to be a modification made after as you can see...
  13. oldmarantz

Rappaport amp1 amplifier

Nobody knows what would be the best value of bias for this amp ?
  14. oldmarantz

Rappaport amp1 amplifier

Here is the schematics...
  15. oldmarantz

Rappaport amp1 amplifier

Hi guys I had the luck to pick-up a rare RAPPAPORT AMP1, it was in his juice...:sigh: I did the necessary to wake it up...Is someone has got information about it? I'm looking for bias level and Technical caracteristics I measured it rapidly the power is 65 W rms for 0.5 % thd (1% for...
  16. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

DHT is Harmonic Distortion Rate you measure it with a distortion meter..
  17. oldmarantz

PIONEER QX-949 Power Supply

Hello guys I've got a problem with a QX-949 Power supply, one Resistor is burnt on the ps, and this component is not in the SM, (perhaps an upgrade?) I can see 2 colors orange and white but not the last so 3.9, 39, 390... I don't know, if you can help..Thks!
  18. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

R355 is ok I just tested h310 for instance and it was ok, I'll look at others Trs, perhaps one of my new caps is out it's possible too...
  19. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

Without chip I've got 13.9V on pin 9, I bought a chip on the bay, just for see...
  20. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

Thks for your tip, I'm agree with you about the board foil quality, I look again but my eyes are used by this fault...
  21. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

here is the voltage on each pin of the la3310...
  22. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

Ok thanks for this info, I check the voltages on each pin with 105b schematic...
  23. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

the FM Front end is working for sure, the schematic of this mpx board is not easy to understand, there is not a lot of explaination about it and no voltage to check, I'm not sure but it's strange to have this enormous dht in mono when it worked and nothing after just a recap... This why I...
  24. oldmarantz

MARANTZ 4240 MPX problem

Hello all I've got a 4240 with mpx problem, when it arrived it worked in mono with a very high dht of 3 % (I couldn't adjust it less than this value!) but not in stereo, I tried to align mpx board but impossible to ajust it (I had just a very very small separation when i tried to adjust 19 and...
  25. oldmarantz

Display Problem McIntosh MR80

No this board wasn't resoldered before, in fact there was à resistance between two gates of 2 CI and the square signal didn't go to 0V...
Back
Top Bottom