Search results

1. elliott66

Crossover upgrade on RF-83's

Yes, they are wired in parallel. I have the Theil / Small paramaters at home on my hard drive, as measured with the Dayton Audio DATS system.
  2. elliott66

Kinergetics Research KBA-280

I know that schematics aren't available (at least from my client) but I thought there might be someone who knows of a person who's done or can do mods on this amp. Probably cap upgrades and replacement where necessary, simple things like that. I don't want to take it on because I'm not a...
  3. elliott66

Nobody can help?
  4. elliott66

Hi One of my clients has a Kinergetics Research KBA-280 and wants to have some mods / upgrades done, and whatever maintenance it needs. Do any of you fine folk know if anyone who can help him out?
  5. elliott66

Akai M7 monoblocks meter problems

Wow~ those look awesome! Great job.
  6. elliott66

I have become a Audio Technica fan

I had the 13ea and the 14sa. Loved them both. Now I run the AT33EV MC and love it just as much!
  7. elliott66

that one "gotta have" LP for the classic rock fan

Try to find a clean copy!! I ended up buying the remastered version on CD and it sounds pretty awesome. The only used vinyl copy I found looked and sounded like someone rolled joints and chopped coke on it..:drool:
  8. elliott66

Picked up old Panasonic full auto FET IC am/fm/cass/TT; & part you stack LPs on?

I used to have a few 'all in one' stereo's back in the 70's when I was a young'in.. Of course I tore everything apart so here goes the best of my recollection: The stylus you just pull down and out. It snaps out of the little clampy thing that holds the center above the 'wing' and once snapped...
  9. elliott66

Little Fraziers made for tubes

those woofers look suspiciously like Quam 8" 70V speakers without the transformers and a nice paint job. IF you ever come across an older set of Quam / Nichols 8" 70V paging / background music speakers they sound very good. Very efficient! Even their 4" drivers are. (I used to install them and...
  10. elliott66

Little Bogen's first test run

Nice!:thmbsp:
  11. elliott66

Blue glow can't tell between plates or just between glass and plate

I'm not familiar with the amp you're working on but I don't think there's anything wrong with it as far as the gain is concerned. It's just a lower gain amp than most and if you have to turn your preamp up higher for the same volume level then so be it. You should take the advice given above...
  12. elliott66

Here's a weird one

Definitely NOT 50's era. 70's would be more like it...
  13. elliott66

Crown XLS 2000 Amplifier : Electronically balanced XLR inputs ??

Love my Crown D-75. Sounds very 'tube' like.
  14. elliott66

Adding a tweeter to back of speakers

You would need to at least add a series cap to cross it over, and probably a series resistor to damp the level somewhat. Yes, directly off the speaker line. I still think that the piezio would be easier if you have to add a resistor anyway..
  15. elliott66

Adding a tweeter to back of speakers

Try experimenting with a cheap piezio tweeter on the back of your speaker. No crossover needed, just a series resistor and it won't add any load to your amp. If you like the effect then you can get a better tweeter and design a crossover for it.
  16. elliott66

Acoustic Audio H-CD12's. Would you pass these up?

Those look like WVS-100's.... White Van Speakers! Maybe you could make a fun project by modifying them. The cabinets might be good for a project, look into how good the woofers sound first then see if you can upgrade the other components; tweeters, mids and crossovers..
  17. elliott66

New Speakers

The Wharfedale's do sound good once they've broken in. They don't sound too good brand new. You bought them used so the work has been done for you!
  18. elliott66

Pa?

There are plenty if great sounding PA speakers and amps out there and plenty of deaf board operators that overdrive them and make them sound like crap. EV [my fav], Atlas, Renkus Heinz, Community, QSC, Meyer, Klipsch, EAW, JBL, (even Peavy) and many more make great sounding commercial and...
  19. elliott66

Awesome thrift store drivers

The modern Renkus-Heinz speakers are some of the best sounding commercial / professional speakers out there. Their horn technology is fantastic. They were pioneers in dual pattern (short throw/long throw) horns for both their mids and highs. Their horn loaded cone midranges sound effortless and...
  20. elliott66

Jensen P10RJ reuse

I'm no expert but they might be good for an open baffle experiment. I know these lightweight alnico high-efficiency speakers sound great in the consoles they were designed to be used in and those are almost never sealed or ported enclosures, rather they have open backs. Try them in a big box...
  21. elliott66

Plug for Rosanne Cash's Latest Works

I have 'The List' and yes, it is a wonderful record. Well recorded too.
  22. elliott66

Jelco SA-250s

You can also rotate the cart to get it perfect.
  23. elliott66

Questions re crossover upgrade

Why would you add resistance to the already higher resistance of the air core coil to match the lower resistance of the iron cored coil? Assuming that the iron core coil has lower resistance than the air coil you are planning to use.. At any rate, if the difference is only around 1/4 ohm you...
  24. elliott66

Jelco SA-250s

You'll have to drill a new mounting hole if you need to move it closer or further from the spindle. No horizontal adjustments ala SME.
  25. elliott66

Wharfedale Modus 8 spider/VC comes unglued

I suggest Aileens Tacky Glue but someone else may have a better idea. Maybe super glue it first to hold it in place but something stronger and thicker would be good for the final.
Back
Top Bottom