Search results

1. R

What’s a good brand of speaker wire?

Dueling 12 ga. incredible wire for the price, takes about 100 hrs. burn in. https://www.partsconnexion.com/duelund-speaker-cable.html
  2. R

Delphi speakers? What did I see?

Man, your taking me back in time. The drawing of Marco is so spot on, i remember so many times while talking about product he would have that exact pose i went back in time instantly. Working with Marco were some of the best years of my life. He was a visionary held many patents and knew exactly...
  3. R

(in my best Neo voice) "There is no debate"

I agree with this. What i hear and value is most likely going to be different from someone else making it neither right or wrong on both sides.
  4. R

(in my best Neo voice) "There is no debate"

Some people listen for sounds and others for music. Live music is very 3D a solo live guitar is 3D the guitar creates it`s own soundstage. Having the right tools at home, cables, amps, pre-amps in the right combinations can allow one to experience this to great extent. Most when comparing lets...
  5. R

Class A versus A/B

I would never give up my SET amps, i have Devore speakers, Nines to be exact and the music produced is always a revelation and a musical experience. Great equipment i consider musical instruments in themselves. The Pass Labs XA25 does a lot of what a great SET amp can do and it does some things...
  6. R

Class A versus A/B

I use a LTA pre with the XA25 and they compliment each other nicely.
  7. R

I had the pleasure of listening to a true high end system, wow.

It can be done for a lot less than you think from such retailers as Reno HiFi and Pitch Perfect Audio.
  8. R

Class A versus A/B

The Pass Labs XA25 class A amp is close to being the best SS amp that i have ever heard at any price. The secret to a good class A amp is break in time and warm up time. My XA25 took 120 hours too open up and it needs an hour of warm up time to sound it`s best much like a good SET amp. I`m a SET...
  9. R

Pass X150 test drive

Pass Labs XA25 and the LTA pre amp. Enchanting SQ from SS.
  10. R

Audio Note K/Spe

Smart move having a reference point to work with at varying price ranges. It should make your job as a reviewer a tad easier. At some point i would like to get another complete AN system in the house.
  11. R

Audio Note K/Spe

Congrats! Nice speaker, i had a pair in the master bedroom sold them in 2012-13.
  12. R

Tekton Owners Thread

The DI`s continue to impress. Tone and coherence is among the best i have heard. Everyday the music is enjoyable and i smile in the delight at what i hear.
  13. R

Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary

Glad to hear that they are starting to meet your expectations.
  14. R

I find it frustrating how one day the answer is this and the next day it`s that. A few years back i went to THE SHOW on a Friday and after listening to the 30.1`s i found them sounding off, i was told to come back Sunday as someone had messed up and brought a new pair of speakers and they needed...
  15. R

I had owned the 30.1`s so i decided to check my notes, i keep notes on all of my equipment. What i wrote, after 80 hrs speakers stabilized, no more going from bright to dark but settling at somewhere in between, tone is good but i feel it should be better, overall ok. Looking at what i wrote i...
  16. R

Tekton Owners Thread

I`am now powering the DI`s with a LM 508ia and they sound amazing together. What i found is that with the 508ia the DI`s sound better using the 8 ohm amplifier speaker terminals even though the speakers are 4 ohm.
  17. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Another great speaker that i have owned is the Raidho XT2, wonderful sounding but it`s also 18k and in my opinion the DI is as good a speaker.
  18. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Harbeth 30.1, Gibbon X. Compared to the Harbeth the DI`s reveal more and just not in the details but a feeling of being connected directly to the music. The Harbeths are good at reproducing sounds in a refined and clinical manner but for ME lack that musical connection. The Gibbon X is a very...
  19. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Man i love these DI`s they just keep getting better. What they can do is amazing. I ordered these on a whim to see what the fuss was about now i wish i would have done it earlier these are keepers. In the last 5 years i have owned DeVore, Raidho, Harbeth and GoldenEar and these DI`s can hold...
  20. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks to Pete at Venice Audio i`m trying the LM 508ia with my DI`s, he is loaning it to me for a couple of weeks. Pete is a good guy and i purchased my LM 518ia from him several years back. The reason that i`m trying the LM 508ia is because of the stellar reviews it has gotten with the DI`s...
  21. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Just curious, has anyone tried a First Watt SIT-3 with the DI`s.
  22. R

Tekton Owners Thread

With about 35hrs. these DI`s are only getting better. These speakers are just right, musical with great tone. They are not perfect but no speaker is, in 1985 i bought a set of Wilson Wamm speakers for 85k and they sure were not perfect. I`m not comparing speakers here but the DI`s can do a lot...
  23. R

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

The reason i put ME in capitals. I tried and it was not for ME. Now if i were on a budget and had no choice then they would be looking good at that point it`s not only how they sound but what you can afford.
  24. R

Tekton Owners Thread

The DI`s continue to impress, the tone and pitch are some of the best i have heard from a speaker. This morning i have been listening to some Beatles, Govt. Mule and Donovan and these performers have never sounded better.
  25. R

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

Just to see what all of the fuss was about i too purchased several of the inexpensive amps and pre`s that have mile long threads here. While several sounded good for "ME" they were not something that i would have in a main system there is so much music being left behind. Glad that you found...
Back
Top Bottom