Search results

1. Denten

National Research Council of Canada (NRC)

Thank you for the offer, but that sounds like to much work for you. :)
  2. Denten

National Research Council of Canada (NRC)

Thanks for sharing. Can you post the rest of the article on the first picture?
  3. Denten

2385 Distortion

^^^ This, on mine it's the 9khz high cut button, this happens to my 2385 occasionally.
  4. Denten

Happy Birthday Denten!

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes! :beerchug:
  5. Denten

Alps volume pot (luxman) conductive plastic - dead or fixable?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/alps-black-beauty-teardown-and-cleaning.896709/
  6. Denten

Pioneer A8 - sealed volume pot.

There may be a better way but I had good luck doing it this way and I was able to reuse the clip. Good luck. I used a stiff box cutter blade. Pry on the center 'Hub' of the wiper disk >only< and take your time and don't pry down on the outer edge of the wipper disk. Use a twisting motion...
  7. Denten

Pioneer A8 - sealed volume pot.

If it's from 1981 it is likely an Alps Black Beauty, if it is than the only way to clean it properly is dissasemble and clean the center ring with a pencil eraser. Here is a link to a thread I did on cleaning my L-530's Black Beauty. Befor and after, notice the center ring...
  8. Denten

Luxman L-510x vs L-510

The L-510X is not class 'A' and has one less row of heat sinks. The original L-510 (first 8 watts class'A') was made by Lux corporation Osaka Japan before the Alpine take over. The L-510X upgrade (?) was done by Alpine and was T tagged by Alpine Tokyo. I have the L-530 (same as the 510 just a...
  9. Denten

Repairing A Vintage Luxman L-530

Don't even think about using those FAKE ebay outputs, not only are they fake but they are realy bad fakes! Fujisu stoped making them many years ago. Sanken used to make MT-200 case but recently stopped. I used Sanken 2sc3858 and 2sa1494 in my L-530, I got them from B+D Enterprises (a reputable...
  10. Denten

Need advice. Can't adjust the idle of Luxman L-530 amp after replacement power transistors.

The L-530 is class 'A' and the L-525 is not. 150 ma @ 1min while the bias is still rising is NOT a mistake and it will stablize well over 200ma.
  11. Denten

Thoughts on Luxman L-530 amp

It's not a mistake, the L-530 is a deep bias ( sliding bias) integrated. 150ma @ 1minute on a *cold* amp *while it's still climbing*. It will contiue to rise (this is normal) and it will stabilize at well over 200ma, do not try to adjust back to 150ma. Heat sinks should be hot at idle 120~130+ °F.
  12. Denten

RIP Ronnie Hawkins

RIP Ronnie.
  13. Denten

Happy Birthday Denten!

Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes! :cool:
  14. Denten

Need help with close-up work eyewear

For my aging eyes +3.50 reading glasses work great for up close work. I got mine at the dollar store.
  15. Denten

Luxman M120A Bias (Idle Current) adjustment problem

Typo :dunno: pulling F801 and then measuring between 4 and 16 makes no sense to me. F802 sounds like it's the correct fuse.
  16. Denten

Luxman M120A Bias (Idle Current) adjustment problem

If the amp is powered up at any time with that fuse removed and no meter hooked up, the main caps wont drain after power down and you will get the spark when you make the connection. I would shut down the amp and wait a few minutes before removing the fuse, then hook up the DMM and turn it on. I...
  17. Denten

FM Broadcast "Quality?"

Have you listened to their web player? I only listened for a couple of minutes but it sounded good on my computer speakers.
  18. Denten

Surgery!

Good luck on your refurb Randy!
  19. Denten

Luxman L510 complete restore

The new boards look great, I have the L-530, same design just more power. Very quiet and sweet sounding amp. There are 8 Fujisu MT-200's missing in this picture. Are you just testing with those outputs? Heatsink temp should be 120~130 f at idle, there is no way those 4 outputs are going to...
  20. Denten

Luxman L-85v idle how to help

Set your meter to milliamps not millivolts.
  21. Denten

Pioneer SA-8800 (silent)

It doesn't look like he has much of a choice, It's unlikely he will find genuine Fujitsu's, perhaps the entire PCB can be moved 1/8" further away? I would find a way.
  22. Denten

Pioneer SA-8800 (silent)

Fujitsu 2sa1075 haven't been made in many years, the ones you ordered are almost certainly going to be fake. Your SA8800 already has fake outputs installed. Fujitsu 2sa1075 and ALL there PNP's are green. 8 new SANKEN's from BD would be what I'd be getting. (While you still can) The SANKEN's...
  23. Denten

Easiest WAV to MP3 Converter?

Format Factory works good for PC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FormatFactory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_audio_conversion_software
  24. Denten

Marantz 2500 Wish Me Luck :)

Removing the front chassis on my 2385 was less of a pain than trying to get at those boards with it in place.
Back
Top Bottom