Search results

1. PatA

Fluke 8060A

According to the Fluke manual for the 1000 volt model; any meter after serial number 6820XXX is a 1000 volt model.
  2. PatA

Fluke 8060A

Did more research. There is a 300 volt and a 1000 volt model. They were all 300 volt models up to a certain serial number. Turns out I have an early SN so mine is, indeed a three hundred volt model.
  3. PatA

Fluke 8060A

Have a variety of mid level multimeters, I've this 8060A sitting around for a while. It actually functions pretty well, the display looks great. Recently pulled it out because I'm considering restoring it because it's at least as good as all of my other meters. The only issue is, it's only rated...
  4. PatA

North Woodmere NY Scott/Marantz tube gear.

beautiful mid-century furniture. I like the JVC boombox too, I think the TV in it is color.
  5. PatA

Vintage Dynaco Tube Stereo Gear

That's a loaded question, both amps have fairly rabid followers, both are fine amps and the PAS 3 is a better than average pre. The price on the ST-70 isn't really out of line, if it has original Mullard EL-34's, I would definitely consider it. Repairs/restoration/mods can be expensive, more so...
  6. PatA

Help me decide which speakers to buy/restore

The QA's are probably power hungry, the HK 730 may be able to drive them sufficiently. Still, I might look for something a little more efficient. I've read mixed reviews on the A70's but I think I'd give them a shot, they might be a good match for the receiver.
  7. PatA

JVC Turntable ID

They were as good as most consumer level tables, they produced a couple genuine sleepers as well. If this one had a decent cart, I'd grab it regardless of working condition.
  8. PatA

JVC Turntable ID

For 20 bucks, who cares? It needs a belt, go get it.
  9. PatA

Vintage linear turntable--should I bid?

Flagged, seller needs to read the TOS.
  10. PatA

Transar ATD Heil speakers ess - Bay Area

According to an article in Popular Science from 1977, the Transar section sold for a couple grand. Looks like they are asking close to original MSRP. I haven't seen where these are highly sought, they are beautiful but I wouldn't risk it at that kind of cash.
  11. PatA

What were they thinking?!?

Not mine, very close to me, probably worth it of you happened to have a pair of woofers. http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/5066194697.html
  12. PatA

double extra ultra super cool stereo in denver

Space age stuff is hot, whoever buys it will be way more interested in the look than the audio quality.
  13. PatA

Acoustic Research TSW-510 Value?

Ebay completed listings is up and down, one pair sold at $220.00 but no other listings even sold. That series of speakers is much better than their dollar value, if I had a pair, I'd hang on to them.
  14. PatA

Large Advents or EPI 200c

This is going to be a tossup. I've had both, I liked the EPI's a little better. If you're flipping, the EPI's appear to have a little bit better market, the OLA's have gone flat.
  15. PatA

magnavox console, what's the amp in here?

Yeah, I got that, did some more checking on it, definitely no reverb.
  16. PatA

New 1980 Klipsch Heresy. Worth it?

His wording does make them sound new but I don't think that is what he meant. He did, however, lie on one point; " They have been TESTED and sound like heaven.":no:
  17. PatA

Fisher SS Console unit in Florida

It has been listed and re-listed many times.
  18. PatA

magnavox console, what's the amp in here?

It has the preamp with 6 knobs, probably has the reverb circuit.
  19. PatA

Help - Model of TT and worth it???

Looks like a later AT model, most of those later Garrard's were at best so-so. I might take a listen but I'd likely pass on this one.
  20. PatA

Sansui experts, what do you think?

Sweet.:music:
  21. PatA

Sansui experts, what do you think?

Decent deal, the Dolby board involves a lot of soldering, I've done one, it's not difficult.
  22. PatA

Pilot SA-260 EL-34 amp?

Run back there and get it.
  23. PatA

What would you flip here?

I want to see what's in that console cabinet.
  24. PatA

scored some rca 5881

Yep, that's a scroe.
  25. PatA

Fisher SR-110 Cassette Player

Not much, frankly, there are precious few cassette decks that have any kind of real value.
Back
Top Bottom