Search results

1. M

Probably not a good thing the power switch in my C-2 is making a tiny sizzling noise?

Well, several hours later, the power switch is replaced. effing tape selector still on list to-do list. New Omron needed some trimming/bending of tabs, for clearance. Old Omron (Made in Japan) shows it's solder tabs, shows infinite resistance when closed.
  2. M

Probably not a good thing the power switch in my C-2 is making a tiny sizzling noise?

yes, thanks. Even as an open wafer design, they never looked easy to disassemble.
  3. M

yes. image borrowed from amp8 c-2-w.jpg (2328×1830) (amp8.com)
  4. M

Weird I can't see your entire reply until I quote-reply to it. It's an open switch and I had been using MG Chemicals Nu-trol contact cleaner. No deox-it up here in Canada. Hate to admit it but I'd never tried the tape in/out before and hadn't realized there had been shorting plugs on the...
  5. M

[feels stupid] omron V-10-1A4 ordered
  6. M

I'll get to the tape-in/out when I've got the switch fixed, but I had cleaned the eff out of it before and no luck, so I'm going to check for cold-solder joints in the rca-pcb
  7. M

but the switch is only on when held by the complicated lever mechanism. It's NOT off-on/on-off https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?attachments/20211214_010832-jpg.2421750/ Like I asked. Maybe I'm missing something.
  8. M

no issues with the length of the lugs in C2 ? 21A Omron "solder lugs" will be longer than the original style, and the lugs stick up/down..... ? I'm probably worrying too much. Omron V-10-3A4 ?? https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/V-10-3A4?qs=EttmAozsTQzhM81VIIxOhw== oh...
  9. M

The Crouzer 83161301 Basic / Snap Action Switches Microswitch, Miniature, V3-83161 Series, 831613 I W2 https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Crouzet/83161301?qs=g3nUxNfh1RlUkZKom%2BLMmg== Seems like the closest, with SPST and the shorter "solder lugs" so it would actually fit inside ...
  10. M

Previous post is being weird... switch says Und.Labs.Inc.List V-1A44 TV-2
  11. M

Victoria BC - Vancouver Island Deal Alerts

glad it/they got a appreciative home
  12. M

Looks like one of the buttons is damaged.
  13. M

Oh good, I didn't need the temptation, as I hadn't the room. Worth it just for those speakers.
  14. M

Need to find time to look at the original... Thanks
  15. M

250VAC but now I see the switch action is ON - (OFF), OFF - (ON)... Maybe the Omron V-10-3A5 ? So many details, never expected to be trying to figure out button force... Manufacturer: Omron Product Category: Basic / Snap Action Switches RoHS: Details Series: V Contact Form: SPST Switch...
  16. M

honeywell v3-19 suitable? Anyone know?
  17. M

seems to be something called solder-terminal style?
  18. M

Is it a pin-plunger microswitch? So many terms....
  19. M

Probably not a good thing the power switch in my C-2 is making a tiny sizzling noise? I'd like to someday not have to fix things, but I guess that's a fraction of the fun. Would I be close in thinking it's the microswitch being unhappy? Still haven't figured out why the tape-in is...
  20. M

Fixing to buy a Yamaha C-70 preamp.

Doesn't seem to...
  21. M

Yamaha PC2002 need help identifying caps and resistors in signal path

In the parts list for boards PDA and PDB all the resistors and especially the 1k and the 820 are listed as "metal film", except for one "metal oxide". I see one Bipolar electrolytic, one non-BP electrolytic, a bunch of styrols, and a metallized mylar ...
  22. M

Yamaha Amp RCA Input Jacks

that phono jack block looks like a Jalco, I don't think Kobiconn makes that style anymore, with the screw lugs being diagonal like that.
  23. M

Diode Parts List Question

Um, the 1N4002 and 1N4003 diodes are the ones that match the spec, if the VRRM 100V & 200V values matter. One might even prefer fast recovery diodes as this is in the regulated power supply, but I'm not an elec. eng. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1N400x_general-purpose_diode
Back
Top Bottom