Search results

1. Bigboi33

How long have you been waiting to get your cartridges retipping from Sound Smith

I’d would be calling. I had two carts retipped last year, BenzAceL(late spring) and dynavector 23mr (late summer). It took around avg 2-3 weeks for each to get back. No complaints yet, both BenzAce(250hr) the Dynavector 23mr(192hrs) is still going without issues. I do have a friend who was...
  2. Bigboi33

More than 1/4 Million Records

Personally not impressed. Evidence of them being played and efforts of curation….ok now I’m impressed.
  3. Bigboi33

Joseph Long Fritz Gyger FG2 5/75um Nude for my XLZ-7500

Anyone kind of enough to share Joseph's contact info? I want to reach out to him but sadly I lost his contact info.
  4. Bigboi33

Helpful AK Members in or close to Lakeland, Fl

DsWankey, Thanks for the guidance. I initially planned on posting there but realized this is not really a transporting deal. More accurately put, I'm looking for someone to help me with a buyer that is not very good at shipping things and needs some assistance.
  5. Bigboi33

Helpful AK Members in or close to Lakeland, Fl

Any members near Lakeland, Florida willing to give me a hand with an item I am purchasing?
  6. Bigboi33

Russia Banning Exports

Can’t seem to locate or find a quad set of KT120’s This really sucks!!! If anyone knows where I can grab a set. I would be in your debt.
  7. Bigboi33

Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE- NEW, NEW DAC CITY

Mod Alert! Bad RickRolled Link Future readers please do not click this is a bad RickRolled link
  8. Bigboi33

The audio signature of vinyl

I know you’re looking for answers…but May I ask a few questions? Can you please define your definition of a perfect record? Have you played said “perfect” record on a confirmed properly setup turntable to evaluate and confirm its condition? Or better yet, what have you done to confirm the...
  9. Bigboi33

For Grumpy

My prayers go out to Grumpy and Family. You have blessed the audio community with your endeavors. May those blessings return back to you ten fold in your recovery!
  10. Bigboi33

Are Japanese audiophiles are way ahead of the game?

I agree, it is beautiful to see in my opinion. Wonderful things happen when the passion reaches this level. We may not see it but there may be some next level brilliance going on in the mans head. A lot of people have been called crazy only to become the originator or innovator of an idea that...
  11. Bigboi33

J Lo and This Land Is Your Land

Me and the wife thought Lady Gaga did a great job. My wife who is a JLo fan said "WTH? Why JLo? She can't even sing anymore. Lady Gaga has a voice. But JLo? Nope uh uh.. girl, you need to get off the stage" I think that sums up our impression.
  12. Bigboi33

Cloudy/fogged vinyl records

I have a copy of Oscar Peterson's LP-The way I really play, that has a similar issue. Looks like fog that covers over half the LP. It was stored in a clear vinyl cover that had a very strong vinyl scent to it. It came from a collection of lots of immaculate jazz LP's. But this one didn't make...
  13. Bigboi33

When I Quit Sweating The Details...

It's always about the music. Sometimes we get caught up in an upgrade or tweak and we forget. If you can't enjoy the music what the point?
  14. Bigboi33

6 AM to 5 PM Curfew in L.A.

In what ways?
  15. Bigboi33

I can't turn it off (ALWAYS critical listening)

I know the feeling very well. My cure was going back to my old routine of hitting up the record store at least once a week and I'm fortunate that the owner is an awesome person with a ton of music knowledge. I made it a point to talk music instead of gear and how it sounds. It did not take...
  16. Bigboi33

Israel Kamakawiwoʻole - Hires Available?

Im a huge fan and sadly have not found any hi-res recording from Brother IZ. I've been waiting for years for someone to pick up the ball and at the very least release an LP Vinyl Album. No joke I would purchase that in a heartbeat!
  17. Bigboi33

The two things that really drew me to vinyl......

As a child I was always fascinated with how sound was produced from something so simple (the record, not the turntable). From that day on I was hooked.
  18. Bigboi33

Is it worth it??

Also, A word of advice to keep in mind when shopping and asking questions: "worth it" is a purely subjective thing. IMO "Worth it" or "best" is a personal thing, not a universal thing. I encourage you to venture out there to find out the different types of music reproduction that can be...
  19. Bigboi33

Quick question for Pioneer PL-530/550/570 owners (cart mounting)

The 2m Series fits well without much issue. If your stock headshell is the version with holes in it: I think you might be ok in terms of the cartridge compliance to tonearm weight match. I can look this up for you if you need. Keep in mind a few things: The 2m red/blue and 2m bronze/black...
  20. Bigboi33

Is it worth it??

OP, If your phono stage can handle it, and your system is able to resolve the information. Then yes, a higher end turntable will definitely be a worthwhile investment. A turntable will only be as good as the path it has to travel. If the path is clean without a bottleneck then you will hear...
  21. Bigboi33

The more time goes by, the more I prefer separates over receivers

I have found its all about the quality of the circuit design and the quality of internal components. Im always down for a listen if the circuit design and components are worth talking about. For me it doesn't matter if the aesthetic design is separate or integrated.
  22. Bigboi33

Your First Tweaks

This right here made the biggest improvements. They go hand in hand in my opinion. Getting my cartridge aligned accurately allowed me to hear/identify a properly setup turntable. Thus, allowing me to train my ears on how to listen and identify changes in sound.
  23. Bigboi33

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

I'm so sad to hear of this news. My deepest condolences to the Morin Family. :( RIP Marc, a wonderful person. You will be missed, my friend. May the turntables you touched turn for eternity.
  24. Bigboi33

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

I'm happy to hear you are doing much better. I'm sure that was a scary experience for anyone feeling healthy and then getting knocked down on their feet. We all need to do our part. Simple as that.
  25. Bigboi33

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

Trump just invoked the DPA Defense Production Act. FEMA is getting into the action
Back
Top Bottom