Search results

1. Route 66

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Wow, I'll miss him. I was fortunate enough to see the ABB a number of times beginning in the 70s. Aside from him being an outstanding guitarist, he wrote some of my favorite songs of the last 50+ years.
  2. Route 66

New to forum but long time analog audiphile

Welcome, Ray! I hope you enjoy your time here.
  3. Route 66

Things you don't see anymore.

You can have a matching set!
  4. Route 66

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Can you post a link to the article?
  5. Route 66

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I've been driving for over 50 years and all my favorite cars over the years have been stick shifts. :beatnik:
  6. Route 66

What's your best sounding record? What's your favorite record?

My best sounding record is Sonny Stitt's 'Blows the Blues' album. It's a 45RPM double LP and it sounds amazing. My favorite record is entitled 'Hot Tuna' recorded at New Orleans House in Berkeley, CA is 1969 (by Hot Tuna).
  7. Route 66

Headphone advice

Can you tell what your budget is?
  8. Route 66

Who is going to win the Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul fight?

I'm certainly not a boxer by any stretch of the imagination but I'd much rather climb into the ring with Jake Paul than Mike Tyson.
  9. Route 66

Modelers Corner

It's hard to believe that I'm looking at plastic model kits. You guys are truly artists. :thumbsup:
  10. Route 66

Caffeine.

I actually thought percolators were a thing of the past and didn't think they were around anymore. :dunno:
  11. Route 66

What famous musicians might have looked like if they were alive today.

I thought that first photo was of Joe Walsh and at first I thought, I didn't hear that he had died. :rflmao:
  12. Route 66

What are these across speaker terminals ?

Magneplanars come with load resistors similar to those that can be used across the tweeter connectors in order to attenuate the treble.
  13. Route 66

Please bring me up to speed on streaming music… It’s been a while for me!

If you decide to go all in with Hi-Res streaming with either Qobuz or Tidal, you might want to start managing your files with a subscription to Roon. You can try it out for free to see if it's for you.
  14. Route 66

The Beatles VS Led Zeppelin

It takes some people longer.
  15. Route 66

The Beatles VS Led Zeppelin

Of the choices given, I choose the Stones.
  16. Route 66

Happy Birthday citizen hjames!

Have the Very Best of Birthdays today, Heather. :beerchug:
  17. Route 66

Record/Stereo Cabinet Ideas

Although this unit is labeled as a TV stand, it fits LPs perfectly and is super sturdy. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09RMBNW1N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  18. Route 66

Member jimfet has passed - RIP

Sad news indeed. I wish his family peace.
  19. Route 66

Kristen Wiig, New Snl Cast Member

The best?? She's good but I wouldn't go that far.
  20. Route 66

I'm a newcomer

Welcome and have fun here, hobbieson!
  21. Route 66

Not until the very last time.
  22. Route 66

Seiji Ozawa passed away

Oh Man, this is such a loss. :bye:
  23. Route 66

That was me back in the day and my dad would hit the brakes just to see me tumble all the way to the floor. He thought it was hilarious but my mom would get pissed at him for it. Ah, good times indeed. :)
  24. Route 66

help to choose non magnetic screwdrivers

You can demagnetize and remagnetize a screwdriver with one of these. I do it all the time. https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-40010-Magnetizer-or-Demagnetizer/dp/B00018AONE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=10EHI5GALLZ1U&keywords=screwdriver+magnetizer&qid=1707496876&sprefix=screwdriver+magnetize%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-5
  25. Route 66

Well, this oughta make some heads explode!!! ;)

I kept waiting for Taylor Swift to come out and prank Keith Urban and then I realized at the end that she was already out there. Was that the real Kiss? I'm not too familiar with them either.
Back
Top Bottom