Search results

1. kaplang

THORENS BTD-12s arm weight sagging

Can anyone recommend a solution to address the tone arm weight sagging on a THORENS BTD-12s arm? I have the tone arm tube already removed and just want to know what is good to replace the original rubber insert that on mine is hard and badly cracked. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. George
  2. kaplang

Yesterday

Finally saw Yesterday. Enjoyed it immensely. For those of you that have seen it can you tell us what were the things that we know of but were forgotten in the movie?
  3. kaplang

I couldn’t believe eBay did this.

I placed an offer on an item and wanted to pick it up. I didn’t trust that the seller would pack it correctly and it would possibly get damaged. I said in the offer that I would pick it up if the seller would allow me too otherwise i wouldn’t buy it. The seller excepted my offer and my terms. I...
  4. kaplang

Very historical picture. Do you know why?

Got this picture the other day at a local train museum. As soon as I saw it I new it was historical. What’s your take on it? Hint: The steam engine is named Jupiter Google search away!
  5. kaplang

Help wanted Garrard Zero 100

Found a Zero 100 I forget I had. Don't even remember when or were I got it. Decided to service it and try it out. On initial start up the platter would spin but slow down considerably during any automatic operation. trouble shot that problem to the idler wheel of which cleaning didn't help so I...
  6. kaplang

Anyone familiar with Thorens TD224 adjustments?

I've had no success and spent a lot of time trying to get the ON / OFF adjustment set properly. When I switch it on it starts up and goes through it’s changing cycle. After the last record is played the pickup arm moves to it’s stop position ( like it’s suppose too ) but the turntable motor...
  7. kaplang

Thorens TD224 repair

I’m looking for anyone that owns or has owned a Thorens TD224 and experience with someone that can service and repair. I have had several email conversations with a few repair shops that claim they can but the record changer mechanism of the 224 is very unique and completely unlike any typical...
  8. kaplang

LED bulbed up!

Just replaced every bulb in my house with LEDs. Found some I really like. Small, bright, low heat up, use less power and are dimmable. Never liked the curly LED bulbs. The fact that they give off very little heat will help my air conditioner not have to work as hard in the summer. It will be...
  9. kaplang

Collars with set screws

Anyone have a recommendation as to whereI I can get some small set screw collars with one rounded side? A turntable I am working on requires them . Thanks
  10. kaplang

Need help for a Thorens TDXXX E50 motor

Hopefully I can find what I need to get my TD224 working as it should. A little history. Purchased it couple of months ago off of Craigs List. I thought I knew what I was getting into but I found out after receiving it I didn't and I may have gotten in over my head. It is in very good complete...
  11. kaplang

Show us your wiring management.

Is your wiring obsessive compulsive or something else entirely?
  12. kaplang

Time Delay Citcuit

My Dynaco ST70 uses a rectifier tube for the conversion. Will I gain anything on startup with a time delay circuit or is the rectifier tube doing basically the same thing? The company that sold me the kit for the ST70 offers a time delay circuit Kit and the time delay is adjustable. Thanks
  13. kaplang

Thorens TD124 and 224 mushrooms

couldn’t find the original post I had on this topic so here it is again. I was looking for some replacement mushrooms for my Thorens TDxxx turntables that were less expensive then what I am seeing on line and will still work. I found these at Mc Master Carr and I think they will be just fine. I...
  14. kaplang

Carmine Street Guitars

Good story, good music and good documentary “A tree becomes a building, a building becomes a guitar.” -Rick Kelley- Must see if you have an affinity for guitars
  15. kaplang

Tone Arm ID?

Can anyone help identify what model tone arm this is? It has Ultracraft screened on the head shell but that is all I know about it. I bought it several years ago from a Craigs list ad with every intention of using but never did. I’m thinking of putting on BT but need any information I can get...
  16. kaplang

Looking for a missing service manual page Thorens TD224

The manual I got off Vinyl Engine makes reference to figures 32 and 33 that are drawings for adjustments to the TT. The manual I have downloaded does not how those drawings and it looks like its missing a page that is page 43 according to my calculations. I have looked elsewhere for a better...
  17. kaplang

Kinks in vinyl.

Wanted some Kinks in my vinyl collection. Just got back from my local record store where I bought all 4 they had in the used vinyl rack. Have always liked the Kinks.
  18. kaplang

Thorens TD124 motor question

Was the same motor used in the TD124 MkII as the MkI? Are they interchangeable? Thanks
  19. kaplang

Should I do it?

Just looking for some AK opinions, that I highly respect. Should I sell my Thorens TD124 with a SME 3009 series II tone arm minus the headshell and cartridge for a TD224 i have been longing for. The 124 needs nothing and I think I could sell it for close to what a 224 would cost in good...
  20. kaplang

Finished my latest project today.

Before Had a bonehead accident with one of my favorite guitars. It had a tussle with an arm chair that fell on it. The guitar lost. After Made the decision to glue it back together. Inserted a piece of 1/4” hardwood dowel to give the neck a better chance not breaking again from string...
  21. kaplang

USPS good service!

Just thought I'd post this about a good experience I had with the USPS. Most of the posting are for a negative experience and it was time to post a positive. An important package I was expecting was never showing up in the tracking system. I have seen this before and waited a couple of days to...
  22. kaplang

Speaker wire revisited.

i have always been a firm believer that speaker wire is speaker wire is speaker wire. As long as it is mostly copper and a heavy enough guage. Till just recently I have used lamp cord for 3 reasons. It’s cheap, mostly copper and heavy enough gauge. I have been very content with my system using...
  23. kaplang

Shure M95ED stylus recommendation.

The cartridge still has original Shure stylus but the tip is marginal. The stylus mount is yellow. Should I get another Shure stylus or is a 3rd party stylus such as a Jico better? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
  24. kaplang

Marantz 2325 POP!

This just started and it is very very very intermittent. About 20 minutes into a vinyl listening session I got a single very loud pop through the speakers. I couldn’t determine if it was one or both speakers but the pop was substantially louder ( a lot louder!! ) then the volume that was at...
  25. kaplang

Drifting tuner.

I had Sony str6045 in my garage that I just replaced with a newly repaired pioneer 626. Nothing in the repair touched any of the tuner circuits. The tuning on the Sony was solid as a rock. What ever station I had it set too would stay put. The Pioneer isn't so good. I tune it to a station, the...
Back
Top Bottom