Search results

1. tomdowns

Can anyone tell me about HiFiAudio?

HiFiAudio.com used to be good, but the last couple of years there stuff has turned into real junk. You have a better chance buying a random grab bag of parts then a kit from HiFiAudio.com.. They will give you a run around and lie out their backside, stay away..
  2. tomdowns

Any Experience w Ebayer 'hifiaudio-' Need volume pot for HK A300

I gave a bad review on them and they removed it after a while..
  3. tomdowns

Rebuild kits?

Stay clear of hifiaudio.com; they used to be good but the last stuff I got was more of a grab bag of poor quality components and almost half was wrong..
  4. tomdowns

Any Experience w Ebayer 'hifiaudio-' Need volume pot for HK A300

Don't deal with hifiaudio.com; you will end up with the wrong parts and a ulcer..
  5. tomdowns

Can anyone tell me about HiFiAudio?

Stay clear from them, I got burned.. Almost half the caps where wrong for the Mcintosh Mac 4100 kit, they had me pay to send the wrong caps back. The 2nd shipment where still wrong. I tried working with this guy.. I started a complaint and he begged me to cancel the complaint and he would make...
  6. tomdowns

Repair blown Mcintosh 36-35 or 036035 Drivers

They are not perfect, but they work and sound good. The leads are glued and don't rattle, the coils on my old drivers just pulled apart and where a burnt mess. When I rebuilt the next 2, I'll try to remember to do a side by side picture of the coils and run my micrometer on them.. They seems to...
  7. tomdowns

They have been working for almost a month now.. I have run them at full and no events have happen.. I will update if/ when one of them fails. Thanks, Tom
  8. tomdowns

I have searched all over the internet and contacted everyone from McIntosh to Audio classics and a lot of speaker repair shops. No one seems to have a factory replacment Diaphragm for a Mcintosh 036-035 driver. I have only been running these for about a week. This is a substitute and I do not...
  9. tomdowns

Controlling a Raspberry Pi with a laptop, via ethernet cable?

I never knew that about the PI, thanks.. I learned something today. So, you would just create a unique static IP on each device; example 192.168.0.1 on the PC and 192.168.0.2 on the PI and subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway should be blank, but you could put in the PC ip in the pi and it should...
  10. tomdowns

Controlling a Raspberry Pi with a laptop, via ethernet cable?

Direct with an ethernet cable, like a cross-over cable to connect 2 devices without a switch?
  11. tomdowns

McIntosh XR3 stacked pictures

Hi everyone, So I came across a second set of XR3 speakers that had damaged tops. They where perfect for something I always wanted to try after reading on Roger Russel's site http://www.roger-russell.com regarding stacking the XR series speakers. I could not find any information regarding the...
  12. tomdowns

McIntosh MC 2105 Pots repair for gain

Thank you
  13. tomdowns

Thank you
  14. tomdowns

After some experimentations and investigation think I found a solution in repairing the Gain controls on The Mcintosh MC 2105. I found that the drawings showed that the Potentiometer are part 134-191 250K ohm; yet I could not find these anywhere. I pulled apart my 2105 and found the POTS are...
Back
Top Bottom