Search results

1. fiddlefye

Just bought a Denon DP-80 - looking for advice

Yes. I should probably have taken pics of the transportation screws. I understand the idea is to keep the transformer mounting from undergoing stress during shipping.
  2. fiddlefye

Happy Birthday fiddlefye!

Thanks, folks! It was indeed a fine birthday - good food, good friends and some good music in the mix.
  3. fiddlefye

Bimasta's DIY Tonearm

He sent me a lot of his writing which is on my old computer and needs to get moved over. Wonderful!
  4. fiddlefye

Bimasta's DIY Tonearm

Thanks so much! Your father was a good friend and is sorely missed.
  5. fiddlefye

Finally got a dust cover made.

With these folks it is a necessity. Things were seriously imperilled and I had to keep them entirely locked out of my study/listening room. Tonight they've been in, roaming in some confusion as to why they can't push the button and make things go round-de-round (yes, took them all of three...
  6. fiddlefye

Not really cheap, but very reasonable for the quality. Great people to work with, too. I didn't give them the easiest project in history.
  7. fiddlefye

I've been needing a dust cover for the Denon DP-80 set-up from day one and finally got one made. JMK Displays Inc. did a great job. Not sure why the photo came out so dark here as it isn't on my computer. Huh.
  8. fiddlefye

I still have it, on a Thorens TD-125 in the living room system. I also have an Audiocraft...

I still have it, on a Thorens TD-125 in the living room system. I also have an Audiocraft, strange to say - AC-400C. That one is looking for a spot to get used at the moment as it got replaced by a Jelco TK-950L.
  9. fiddlefye

Yamaha R 100 receiver

'82 to '84 or so I think?
  10. fiddlefye

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I always enjoy seeing that table...
  11. fiddlefye

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

I think it is only 3mm? I've forgotten! I use it on top of the stock mat. On its own it wasn't wonderful as it seems to be too light to load the suspended platter properly, but added to stock it did a nice job of cleaning up the sound, especially in the midrange.
  12. fiddlefye

Help - No Sound from Turntable

If it is a typical console turntable it is automatic. The is often a switch that turns off the signal path when the arm is not in the "play" position and the contacts in that can corrode and cease to function. Which model of changer is in there?
  13. fiddlefye

14. fiddlefye

15. fiddlefye

Loud in here tonight - Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair.
  16. fiddlefye

My fave Roxy album...
  17. fiddlefye

Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair. First play...
  18. fiddlefye

Some later ELO on here at the moment.
  19. fiddlefye

Another road trip.
  20. fiddlefye

A major road trip.
  21. fiddlefye

The annual playing of the Penderecki's St. Luke Passion - not at all any easy work, but to my mind in its own way the equal of Bach. Great work, performance, recording and pressing.
  22. fiddlefye

This evening - Crosby Stills and Nash - Allies.
  23. fiddlefye

Back in the afternoon - one of those interesting 70s Brit bands - Quantum Jump - Mixing.
  24. fiddlefye

If you have this album you're most likely Canadian. 80s pop time.
  25. fiddlefye

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

I was using just the stock mat for a long time and then was loaned a 3mm Funk Acromat to try out. I tried the Acromat by itself and it wasn't a great success, but stacked on the stock mat there was a very noticeable improvement, especially when using a clamp. Upper bass and mids were cleaner and...
Back
Top Bottom