Search results

1. Beatlebum

Show Me Your Sansui!

My awesome 1971 5000X restored with great attention to detail by Mr. Anthony Coolidge. Really good sounding phonostage too!
  2. Beatlebum

Thoughts on Chorus II

I had them custom made.
  3. Beatlebum

Hey Sawdust, Looking to have a new case made in a nice deep dark walnut finish for my newly...

Hey Sawdust, Looking to have a new case made in a nice deep dark walnut finish for my newly restored Sansui 5000X. I'm in NW Indiana. Kindly let me know if this is something you could make for me. You come highly recomended. Thanks, Tim
  4. Beatlebum

Hello strader61, I am having a Sansui 5000X restored. Do you make wood cases for Sansui 5000X...

Hello strader61, I am having a Sansui 5000X restored. Do you make wood cases for Sansui 5000X? I'm very interested in getting one in nice dark walnut finish. Feel free to text me at 708-514-1210. Thanks, Tim
  5. Beatlebum

Sansui 5000X needs repair.

I am in NW Indiana. Got your PM and promptly sent a text to Eric but have not heard back yet.
  6. Beatlebum

Sansui 5000X needs repair.

Hey sx1010JBL, I have a beautiful 5000x that I would like to get recapped and restored by someone trustworthy and competent as I love this receiver. Could you provide the info for your buddy? Thanks, Tim
  7. Beatlebum

Klipsch chorus ii : would anyone know why this speaker line was discontinued

My Chorus II's (updated with Crites crossovers and diaphragms) are my favorite speakers that I have ever owned.
  8. Beatlebum

Sansui 5000x check-up guidance

Hello all, I just recently picked up a museum quality 5000x that has the newer boards installed by the factory in 1977. Still has factory boxes and packaging that are in near mint condition. Seems to be working great but don't have a clue if anything has fallen out of spec? I am in NW Indiana...
  9. Beatlebum

List your Klipsch speakers

Alright MJ, I had some Lovan Jazz 6" speaker stands so I set the Chorus II's up on them and yes, they sound incredible. The CII's almost appear to be levitating a bit. Super stable and sounding great!
  10. Beatlebum

Second system is Chorus II refinished in beautiful rosewood walnut with full Crites upgrades and custom risers I made (inspired by Cornwalls).
  11. Beatlebum

Main system is Special Edition Ebony Forte III's on custom made Skylan Stands (thanks again Noel!).
  12. Beatlebum

Chorus II Upgrade Question

So I installed Bob's bandpass filter and all is beautiful sounding! I love the extra air and detail that the Ti mid diaphragms provide, and now without the blurry confusing sound at the crossover point. I could clearly hear the hump in the presentation without the filter. Thanks to everyone...
  13. Beatlebum

Thanks everyone for the help. Well I received and installed the Ti mid diaphragms from Simply Speakers. I'm hearing a bit more detail in the mids of the music but there also is a blurriness to the sound now that was not there before. Also, the highs seemed to be muted somewhat and less...
  14. Beatlebum

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Very informative. The new Ti diaphragms don't have positive or negative markings. How do I know which is which? The connecting tabs are different sizes. Also, if the Ti diaphragms are not to my liking, is it worthwhile to install new phenolic ones?
  15. Beatlebum

Regarding my questions about the Ti diaphragms for the midrange horns, it's worth mentioning that I do not listen at loud levels at all. I'd say somewhere in the 70 db to 80 db range at a listening distance of 10' plus or minus.
  16. Beatlebum

Moray James, I have replaced the entire crossover with Crites crossovers already (that includes the caps you were referring too I presume). Do you recommend anything additional required by going to the Ti diaphragms in the mids? Tweeters are already switched out with titanium diaphragms.
  17. Beatlebum

Recommendations for tube amps to complement Klipsch

At this moment, Dennis Had Inspire 45 Fire Bottle amplifier.
  18. Beatlebum

Hello and good day everyone, After some pretty thorough research I've decided to order some Ti diaphragms for my K-61-K midranges from Simply Speakers. I've already done the tweeter and crossover upgrades courtesy of Bob Crites' fine handywork. I'd welcome anyone's experiences with their...
  19. Beatlebum

Chorus II placement

I've set my Chorus II's about 25" from the front wall and approx.8' apart and they sound incredible!
  20. Beatlebum

Forte III

I can highly recommend the new Belles Aria integrated amplifier. Sounds excellent with my Chorus II's with Crites crossovers and Ti tweeter diaphragms.
  21. Beatlebum

Tekton Owners Thread

Here's a pic of the BMW bronze sepang metallic that I hope my speakers finish will closely resemble.
  22. Beatlebum

Tekton Owners Thread

Just today I spoke with Eric for a third time and placed an order for a pair of Lore-S which will be finished in a BMW Bronze Sepang Metallic. In large measure I have all of you to thank for educating me, through all of your various posts and threads, about Tekton's speakers and high...
  23. Beatlebum

Klipsch Heresy III

Okay so I ordered new E-2 crossovers and CT125 tweeters for my 1984 Heresy 1's from Bob Crites. At first I was a little underwhelmed with the new tweeters but after about 8 hours of playing, they opened up and now sound excellent to my ears. Better extension and detail than the K-77 M's but...
  24. Beatlebum

Klipsch Heresy III

Guys, Thanks for the insightful responses. I think what I may do is replace the tweeters and the crossovers in my Heresy's and then look into the Crites CS-1's more. Moray, what do you hear in the CS-1 that sounds better than your H3's?
Back
Top Bottom