Search results

1. hunter00

Your favorite Fisher tube gear

Fisher 50a mono amps paired with Fishers first tube preamp the 400c,totaly solved my stereo buying/selling affliction yrs ago.If sound matters and to me it does ,these paired with large vintage JBL's is all i need for the rest of my days
  2. hunter00

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

66' Braun L-1000
  3. hunter00

1960 JBL 001 loaded speaker score today!

1960 JBL'S in the house ...
  4. hunter00

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

1966 Braun L-1000,one of 100 pairs every made,Stephens Tru-sonic totl 3-way horn loaded and today just picked up a beauti pair of 1960 JBL's 001 load
  5. hunter00

1958 University 6303 3-way Diffaxial speakers

what model university?
  6. hunter00

Stephens TruSonic 150FR , The Dream

those Trusonic FR 150's were my go to speakers in my main system for many moons,just love the quality sound you get from those full rangers. hunter
  7. hunter00

So why is there no HH Scott specific forum on AK?

No specific forum unfortunately,,the questions been asked numerous times in the past.General questions on your gear will get answered promptly tho,many here own and know HHscott gear well
  8. hunter00

The End of an Era: The Fisher 55-A

Congrates on aquireing the 50A.A few of us here have pairs and became big fans of these old Fisher amps upon first hearing them.Good luck with the restoration project,do you plan on sourceing a second for a stereo pair?Ive tried numerous vintage preamps with mine and settled on a Fisher 400c.
  9. hunter00

Chilling with Stromberg Carlson AP-55's

no,i didnt post any build tread,but the mono's are still humming along over a yr later
  10. hunter00

Help with vintage JBL speakers?

Me to,only the 130a and DLH175 and n-1200 xover opposed to the D130
  11. hunter00

Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2325

possibly looking for one of the black 2325 marantz faceplates whoever sells them let me know if available and cost thx
  12. hunter00

Best rated vintage JBL speakers?

If any members have a pair of lowly c-34's for sale im a buyer at this time,cabinet cosmetics are not important as long as original JBL cabs and 001 load is intact
  13. hunter00

Fisher 400c vs Scott 130. Opinions please

I own three of the tube pre's mentioned.All are very good,versatile and full featured,I have to say my Fisher 400c is my fav over the HK Citation 1 then the HHscott in that order
  14. hunter00

Scott tube gear- which one to keep?

Or keep the 296 sell the other two and use the money to search out and buy a LK 150 and matching LC-21 pre
  15. hunter00

Gifted Marantz 2325

Sure is,he's retireing to a cabin in the mountains with solar power so is loseing most of his electronics.
  16. hunter00

The End of an Era: The Fisher 55-A

one of my Fisher 50As came in a manufactured cabinet along with a garrard rc 80 TT and 70r tuner /preamp
  17. hunter00

Gifted Marantz 2325

An old buddy stopped by and gifted me his Marantz 2325 stereo reciever yesterday along with 2-pairs of New Advent Loudspeakers.We used to get together and hoist a few listening to this big asz reciever and he knew id take care to refurbash and keep it so ive got a SS king reciever in my...
  18. hunter00

Jbl junkie

Been away from AK for awhile and just see the post now.Ive luved vintage 50's/60's JBL products for yrs and run tube amps mostly 6L6gc,im currently putting together another pair of c-34's 001 load,also own c-37's but the 001 load just sounds so clean and effortless in its sound reproduction,any...
  19. hunter00

Lansing Laugh of the Day

Cool story! I own a few pairs of d130's...great with horns! Heres a pic of a pair of JBL-C37s{d130/075 horn] and a pair of C34's {130A/DLH175 horn} just set them up as theyve been out of rotation for a while,on a el84 PP slave amp and Eico hf85 tube pre..glorious listening today
  20. hunter00

Lansing Laugh of the Day

just got this JBL a130 back from the speaker clinic,recone job,most of these 1950's jbl drivers all suffered the same cone edge failure.Brough back to life for another pair of project jbl 001 loaded speakers
  21. hunter00

Braun L1030 mids

very strange,i find it hard to believe the aluminum metal grills were even able to reach the mid driver as these metal grills have substancial strength and are pulled tight across the cabinet.Theres zero possibilty of that happening on my Braun L-1000's
  22. hunter00

What are your oldest speakers currently in use or owned by you?

59' Stephens Trusonics
  23. hunter00

Finally..HK Citation 1

arrived last night,fedex did a good job on this one zero damage thankfully.I cleaned all the tube sockets,tested each tube{all pegged the meter good} plugged it in and sat back.Listening impression were very good with the amperex tubes installed!The more it played the more i enjoyed this...
  24. hunter00

Age and your satisfaction with your Main Rig

age 59 and after a span of 35 yrs of buy /use/sell ...repeat...i stumbled upon a dusty old tube mono amp in a console i bought...that lead me to a second and a full matching mid 1950-s seperates system includeing late 50's speakers.Nothing ive owned has given me the satisfaction and im actually...
  25. hunter00

Vintage speakers that have a lot of bass?

D's with the EQ
Back
Top Bottom