Search results

1. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

Nuff said!
  2. plugto

ADS L810 grills

I got a pair to mate with my L1230s as the rears in a 5.1 surround set up. They have the same crossover points and mated perfectly. I gave them to my son and he got rid of them. Any way what I am getting at is that they are really good speakers. Good luck on the restoration, and make sure you...
  3. plugto

Why would such a gigantic center channel only be rated down to 75Hz?

I found that ALL the speakers should be EXACTLY the same. And I built my center channel cabinet with the same drivers and crossover as the rest of the floor standers to match the timbre. The factory was out of business but thank God a tech from the original company still repairs and has original...
  4. plugto

non damaging cartridge

Yes it is a linear tracking table. It is supposed to eliminate distortion tracking straight across the disc. Back when I had a Thorens TD65 I used to set up the anti skating by ear. I would hear distortion in one channel and adjust until it traveled over to the other channel. When I got it dead...
  5. plugto

non damaging cartridge

Is anyone familiar with the new optical cartridges? So many MM and MC cartridges that scrape the groove and after so many plays the info is damaged. What about optical tracing that doesn't touch the groove? I need a new set up on my PX-3 and wonder if optical is better?
  6. plugto

Modern day high elliptical tracking forces concern..

Great thread since I am in the market for a new cartridge and wondered if anyone knows about the optical cartridges that don't even touch the groove but just read it?
  7. plugto

New here from SoCal

Welcome and enjoy your stay. You will definately have a great time.
  8. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

Maybe quadraphonic has stereo bass LOL
  9. plugto

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Beautiful unit. I wish you could elaborate on the procedure of aligning the FM section for us.
  10. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

This is a fun read. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-truth-about-vinyl-records.36398/
  11. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

The wavelegnths are so long that us humans can't localize stereo. Of course there must be a cut off point or frequency that we loose localization ability. Anyone know what it is? Just got this from a google search and it is located on Wikipedia For frequencies below 800 Hz, the dimensions of...
  12. plugto

A/D/S line pecking order?

Didn't know what forum to stick this on but had to share it with as many as possible. Never knew this model existed but looks interesting. So check this out...
  13. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

4 subs? How big is the room in demensions? And any tube traps in the corners? Sounds to me like the room gain would be tremendous and that you would have to run the volume on each sub super low not to overload the room. Any specs on decay rate in the room? Do you use any room correction? I am...
  14. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

I bought a pair of speakers from a guy in Connecticut, and his system in the cellar was a pair of large Magnepans matted up with 2 REL subs. I have no idea why he crossed them over at 40 hertz and didn't bring any content with 16hz organ to test them with. He did say that on most music his...
  15. plugto

Do you run stereo bass?

True sub bass has wavelengths that are too long to locate. So stereo bass can't be percieved by humans. But the Sargeant was correct in the fact that 2 subs can even out the room by eliminating standing waves or at least reducing them if properly placed within the room...
  16. plugto

Welcome to the forum. Any relation to G Gilroy in MA?

Welcome to the forum. Any relation to G Gilroy in MA?
  17. plugto

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Hello guys and gals. Haven't been around much lately, busy as most of you are, but had to share this guitar player with all. Just bumped into him and he is from another planet good. You have to check out his channel. Anyway hope you like it.
  18. plugto

Possible ADS C2000 (C1000) prototype in the making

Why stop there? Go further and start your own speaker company. You have a good ear, experience, and obviously the curiosity and love for music. Go for it. Study and put out something to blow us away please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. plugto

Large Advent vs. KLH Six

First pair of decent speakers I had were the OLAs. And no bull it was with a Marantz 2030. Loved them. I upgraded to a pair of Boston Acousics A400s and was disapointed. I have recently aquired a very nice pair of OLAs with all the paperwork intact in the back, nice cabinets, and had the woofers...
  20. plugto

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

So latest composer I bumped into on the Tube is Soler. He is very very close to Scarlatti in harpsichord, and does excellent organ work too. I want to post a few vids that have crystal clear sound. Enjoy.
  21. plugto

ADS speakers Rich So

Just tried to log into ADS speakerservice and seems like the website is gone? Anyone know what is up?
  22. plugto

A/D/S line pecking order?

First off you have what appears to be co-polymer cones. That was a response to humidity and the paper cones absorbing moisture and changing the sound. Great idea but the added weight dulled the transients. You can't go wrong with ADS so rest assured they will sound better than most.
  23. plugto

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Owe so much to all you guys for discovering new music so I have to post this one it sounds like butter. Really sweet notes. A new obscure composer I recently discovered on Harpsichord but on organ he is killer too. Enjoy the sound.
  24. plugto

Are vintage watts the same as modern watts

I have exactly this rating in my amp. I am using an Anthem P5 Statement with ADS L1290/2 speakers. These are full range 3 way and max recommended power is around 300 watts. The volume on my pre-pro is so low sometimes I feel like I wasted my money getting too much power. But on the peaks the...
  25. plugto

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Thank you for the pics. Beautiful. Can't tell me these receivers and amps aren't gorgeous. The person responsible for the design created a masterpiece.
Back
Top Bottom