Search results

1. guitarmando

What TT's do you folks have

Music Hall mmf 5.1 with an Ortofon Quintet Black. Excellent turntable, great cartridge.
  2. guitarmando

Tuesday tunes

Fine album.
  3. guitarmando

Donald Fagen "The Nightfly"

I love this album. One of my all-time favorites.
  4. guitarmando

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

I listened to this recently (on CD). Every tune is excellent. I don't know if folks feel that a greatest hits collection is a true "album", though.
  5. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

6. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

...and one side of this, original 80's Blue Note pressing.
  7. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

One side of this, original Columbia 60's stereo pressing in good condition...
  8. guitarmando

Saturday Tunes

I listen to this a lot.
  9. guitarmando

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

10. guitarmando

Emotiva Power Amp is Surprisingly Good

Yep. Love my Emotiva amps.
  11. guitarmando

LP Cleaning Brush, any recommendations?

In the Groove: I bought one of these several weeks ago and I've been very pleased with it. I haven't used my Discwasher since. It leaves zero residue on the LP's, it's cleanable, and it picks up every visible scrap of dust unless it's glued to the record. This and one of those sticky...
  12. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

[/URL][/IMG]
  13. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

I own this very record, and yeah, it's great.
  14. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

Yeah, for not living near a big city I've still managed to hear some great shows. You'll get to hear some masters in the future that I won't get to hear.
  15. guitarmando

Snell K IIs in the house

I have K's that I bought new. Got to get them refoamed.
  16. guitarmando

Santana's "Abraxas" in 1970?

I clearly remember hearing Abraxas for the first time. I was a freshman at Adelphi U. on Long Island, and I had gone with my college pals to the store, where I bought the album. We went over to Art's house, a guy who lived near the school, and listened to it on his parents' stereo in the...
  17. guitarmando

Got back into vinyl, need help with my setup

Perhaps the Beogram was not set up properly?
  18. guitarmando

When I worked at Sound & Music (which became Spearit Sound) we took great pains to set up every turntable properly, regardless of price. Plus, of course, every table must be level.
  19. guitarmando

So it needed a setup. The first thing to look at when evaluating turntable performance is the setup. Based on your description of the problem, someone suggested ditching the table and buying a used Dual. While a refurbished Dual may be a great table, I believe that the suggestion to ditch...
  20. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

I was fortunate to hear an all-star band including Papa Jo back in the 70's. I believe that was the show that also featured Mary Lou Williams.
  21. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

[/URL][/IMG] Original Blue Note mono, in pretty good condition. I used to listen to this album at my brother and sister in law's apartment back in the 60's. It was probably the first album that I identified as being jazz. And it's still great. The LP that's on deck is an old pressing of...
  22. guitarmando

Vinyl only spin list

[/URL][/IMG] An original shaded dog in good condition.
  23. guitarmando

Today's JAZZ playlist

This is Julian Priester with Tommy Flanagan and...?
  24. guitarmando

What Is The Absolute Saddest Song You Know?

Richard Thompson - From Galway to Graceland Kate Long- Who Will Watch the Home Place, sung by Laurie Lewis
  25. guitarmando

Today's SOUL Playlist

[/URL][/IMG] A nice clean copy that I bought for a buck. Edit: Sorry. I just realized that I posted in the incorrect thread. I was aiming for "Today's Vinyl". Still an excellent, soulful album!
Back
Top Bottom