Search results

1. Searing75

MC2105 Driver updates/confusion?

I have the 043-899 driver boards in my 2105, and I recently replaced all resistors, electrolytics, and ceramic discs. It appears that my board is a mix n match of different types? I have the 22ohm bias resistors with the .0012 ceramics. C123 and 124 are present, and there is a resistor under...
  2. Searing75

Cornwalls, Altec 511b’s, Beyma CP25’s = Amazing sound!

This is how I am currently running my set up. It sounds incredible! Using the B3 crossover with updated caps. Anyone else ever do this?
  3. Searing75

C32 lighting mod?

The fact that the McIntosh Label is not lit on my C32 drives me nuts! Would it be possible to add a bulb in the area to light it up? Certain diffuser pattern needed? The C33’s label lights up!
  4. Searing75

McIntosh lab. 2018. Lots of pics!

https://www.audionet.com.tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11053&extra=&authorid=19&page=1&fbclid=IwAR1wRwAvSBzUzOnLna5ql2fdEPcRZ9l366rJrE5sfVqQzm1TASq3xQZg9Ys
  5. Searing75

New glass not as black!

I received a new glass face plate for my 2105 from Audio Classics about two months or so ago. I installed it, and comparing it to my C32’s glass, and the old 2105 glass, I found it to be not as black. Also, the lettering, when lit, is not as green. Ryan assured me it was from McIntosh...
  6. Searing75

Back of pickup. Face down?

I purchased a beautiful pair of Cornwalls, and the seller is delivering them 7 hours to my house in the back of his pick-up truck. Any experience, tips? We were thinking face down on blankets would be the safest. This way the weight of the drivers will not pull down and away from the baffle...
  7. Searing75

Insure your McIntosh?

So, I am getting nervous that my MC2105 and C32 may be stolen or damaged. Anyone have insurance on their McIntosh stuff?
  8. Searing75

Aaaargh! Damaged in transit!

just received two beautiful Fortes that I purchased off of EBay. Only problem is that the top back corner, and the bottom of two corners on the other, were damaged. I know. I know. Having these things shipped is a bad idea, but the seller said they would be double boxed, and packed by a...
  9. Searing75

Which transistors need to be isolated from the heat sinks on an MC2105

So, I replaced all of the transistors on the heat sinks of my mc2105. Sounds great, and seems to be working perfectly. However, I now realize that I removed the mica insulators from some of the old transistors, and when I put the new ones in, I did so without the insulators. So, where do they...
  10. Searing75

MC2105 Cap value increase?

I used 1,000uf at C5 and C6 during my recent recap. The schematic called for 640uf, and the prior caps were 470uf. I'm pretty sure it was Terry Dewick that told me that he likes the 1,000uf in this position? I may be mixing up my stories though? So, is this okay? It will increase bass...
  11. Searing75

Powering on/off with conditioner?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep my C32 and MC2105 in their respective on positions, and use my power conditioner to switch the power to them on and off? Thank you.
  12. Searing75

Missing resistors in 2105?

R125-128 are missing from my driver boards? Any thoughts? Thanks.
  13. Searing75

New to me C32 and an MC2105. Hooray!

I am in the game folks! Loving the sound. Too much hiss though. Changing all the electrolytics as we speak in the 2105. The C32 will have to wait. It looks good inside though. The ribbon cables are fine. Elna, nichicon, and some Panasonic going in the 2105. Soooo heavy!!! My poor...
  14. Searing75

Nagatron 350e ???

I know it's rare, and it supposedly sounds incredible, but I can't find a stylus for it. It has one on it, but I'm not sure if I can trust it on my Vinyl? I will try to look at the needle under magnification.
  15. Searing75

My new KD550!

Loving this table I got today for $200. I won't use the Nagatron cart until I get a new stylus for it, but it sounded great at the sellers house. I am currently running my M97xe on her, and it sounds amazing! Very sensitive to resonance though. If I tap the plinth while running, I get a...
  16. Searing75

Grado Black or Nagatron 350?

Getting a turntable and the guy is offering it with either or. Which should I get? Thanks! Chris
  17. Searing75

Technics SLQ2 or a Realistic Lab 290? Go!

Which is a better table? I need to decide between the two. Thanks! Or, just stick with the Pioneer PL112d I already have? Chris
  18. Searing75

Belden 9271! Interconnects.

I just made interconnects out of some Belden 9271. About 2 feet. Turntable to preamp. The difference is astounding! The Shure M75 is through the roof! So alive and crisp! Airy, open. Ordered another headshell, and when that comes I will throw on my M97x, which suffered in my set up due to...
  19. Searing75

Is this a bad idea?

Trying to reduce any sort of vibration. Not that I have a problem, just want to make it sound as good as possible! See tonearm.
  20. Searing75

Come on!

Ortofon is selling RCA cables (3') for nearly $800!?!
  21. Searing75

Shure MT100E???

Ok, found this on an old Garrard I got for free. At first I thought it was a Realistic, so I paid it never mind. Ordered a Shure M97x, and put it on a pioneer pl112. Sounded ok, but the garrard sounded better. Upon closer look, I realized the cart was the MT100E. Put it on the pioneer in...
  22. Searing75

DIY Macintosh phono stage?

Anyone ever make one? I see a kit of one from some small company. They want $655. Crazy! Someone can trace the circuit, and get good parts? Right?:scratch2:
  23. Searing75

My first TT, and it sound amazing!!!

Just hooked up an old Garrard SL72b to my system, and it sounds great!!! This is my first table. I grew up on cassettes and CD's, and am blown away by the dimensional, organic beautiful sound I am hearing. I put a new diamond tip needle into the existing Shure cartridge. There is crackle...
  24. Searing75

SA 2500 bad channel?

Boss gave me a SA 5200 for free today, as he knows I like to mess with this stuff. The left channel sounds great through a speaker, and both channels sound great through headphones, but the right channel is distorted and intermittent through a speaker? Transistor? Cap? I poked and probed for...
  25. Searing75

Transistor housing/saddles?

Where can I get the backside things that hold the transistors on the heatsinks? Chris
Back
Top Bottom