Search results

1. H

FM antenna too close to broadcast tower?...

Fmfool.com took me down another tanget. Apparently I'll be receiveing a signal with single edge diffraction. This site was great read for me trying to understand it. It Also helped explain the odd pockets of reception I was finding in the garage. http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/siting.html...
  2. H

Alrighty, I'll look for a yagi antenna and give that a go. Was hoping for a "free" solution, so its back to Craigslist (a very familiar friend)! The towers nearby are about a 65 degree heading from the receiver. The station I want is more like 190 degrees. That should be enough separation if...
  3. H

It's been a busy season of life, but I'm finally back to working on some projects! Right now, I'm trying to get some tunes out on the old receiver out in the garage. What'd I'd like to do is to pick up FM 106.3 out of Corvallis, Oregon. That station is about 65 miles away and I can tune it...
  4. H

Rubber sockets for bulbs needed!

Does anyone have a source for these? Mine were hardened, brittle, and disintegrated on removal. (Pic lifted from a different thread).
  5. H

Any Portland Oregon clubs?

I'm in Beaverton. Don't contribute much, but value what I do find on the forums!
  6. H

Speaker terminal connector needed (4 port, 3 1/8" x 15/16")

I'm trying to repair the broken spring loaded speaker connectors on the rear of an old MCS stereo for use in the garage. I've found replacementsome online, but they are all the wrong size. Does anyone know of a supplier for 4 port, 3 1/8" x 15/16" terminal blocks? (78mm x 23 mm). I don't...
  7. H

Help identify in-wall wiring

My 2 pole jones connectors finally arrived. PERFECT FIT!! Thank you!
  8. H

Thank you! Will pull up the datasheet tonight and break out the calipers! :beerchug:
  9. H

Try these The "holes" are rectangular, and you can see a metal prong on each side of the hole.
  10. H

My house was built in 1966 and some previous owner put these in the walls. Any idea what sort of connector this is and where I can get the male end for my speakers? Worst case, I pull the blank plate and replace it with something modern. However, I'd love to keep the vintage vibe if I can...
  11. 20170108_150845

20170108_150845

12. H

non-polarized plugs

Thanks everyone. I'm off to modify the prongs!!
  13. H

non-polarized plugs

Do you bother to mark which prong is hot or just use as is? I know it is alternating current and the polarizing is for "safety", but do I really care beyond that?
  14. H

non-polarized plugs

The back of my old receiver has a switched and a non-switched outlet. Unfortunately these are non-polarized outlets. I have a few things I'd like to hook up back there, but need an extention cord to make everything fit in the allotted space. What are you all using for polarized/non-polarized...
  15. H

Need Grill Pegs

Total cost would be just shy of $10 for parts express pegs, and then I'm still not certain they'd work. I'm headed to HD, Lowes, and a local audio shop at lunch today. Maybe I'll get lucky.
  16. H

Need Grill Pegs

Here is what I am trying to replace. This one is shattered at its base. I am attempting to glue it. The other 3 corners are missing. They are different from what is shown at Parts Express, but I'm wondering if maybe I can cut/shape them to fit... Or maybe just play with some plastic rod...
  17. H

Need Grill Pegs

I have one grill that wont stay connected to the speaker. Where's the best place to locate replacement grill pegs? Is that even the correct term for the post on the speaker grill that pops into the speaker?
  18. H

Critique my refoam

My son has been running these for the last couple of days. Classical, jazz, rock... no complaints - other than he doesn't get to take them back to his dorm room next week! I keep telling him to check out the pawn shops and goodwills in his little college town. He's handy enough to piece a...
  19. H

Critique my refoam

Thanks for the other bookend... The shop I took it in to that supplied the surround never even mentioned such things to me so I just assumed any surround was as good as the next. Live and learn on refoaming and the quality of help/support at this particular audio shop.
  20. H

Critique my refoam

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be great. I'm very happy with how they sound and learned a new skill!!
  21. H

Critique my refoam

Alright... here is my first ever attempt at refoaming. :banana: This was a much easier project than I anticipated and I'd be curious to hear what you all think. Good job? Bad job? About right for a first time???
  22. H

Put my toe in the re-foam pond

My son and I started our first refoam on a free pair of unknown MCS series speakers last night. Foam removal was easy, and our first surround was glued up within an hour. It looked great as of this morning and we will give it a test run tonight. Just go for it. We were both intimidated...
Back
Top Bottom