Search results

1. T

Mcintosh MC452 preamp?

Don't want to spend boatloads of money, but wondering what the best preamp is for the MC452 in terms of bang for the buck, either used or new? Will a C22 IV match up OK? Thanks for any help.
  2. T

Marantz 1250 integrated metal case?

Do any other Marantz model top metal cases fit the 1250 integrated? I am looking for one in VG/Excellent condition.
  3. T

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

Klipsch will make available a kit to upgrade from Forte III to Forte IV for $399 per pair of speakers. The usual misinformation was offered by fanboy Randy who stated it was $399 per speaker. Not true, per Bonehead.
  4. T

HH Scott web site is no more?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the HH Scott web site seems to have been killed?
  5. T

Anyone here own Yamaha NS-1000/M speakers?

Just wondering what your experiences are with this speaker, any issues, etc?
  6. T

Audio Classics visit

Was traveling solo for a bit, and just happened to go through Binghamton, NY and next door to Vestal, NY. Unfortunately, the Mcintosh factory is still closed to visitors, but I did get to go to Audio Classics. The people there are great, very accommodating and helpful. Got to listen to the...
  7. T

Tube organ deconstruction....

Getting ready to tear apart an old tube organ that is not repairable and not wanted by the owner. Other than the tubes and the main amplifier, is there anything else that should be salvaged and potentially useful to someone? Tube sockets, etc? It is a Conn Master Model 825 Type 3.. Thanks...
  8. T

Need owners manual for Denon AVR 1500 (older model)

Pretty much have searched everywhere I can think of. Simply looking for a free PDF or Word format. Thanks for any help.
  9. T

Cleaning and polishing an X 202B faceplate?

Am about to acquire a nice faceplate for my X 202B (finally!). It looks to be in very good shape, but obviously needs a good cleaning and polish. Of course I want to do the best I can, taking care not to rub off any lettering. Looking for advice on best products to use for cleaning and...
  10. T

Schiit Sys preamp compatible with a monolith X2 at 200 W per channel?

I have never owned a Schiit preamp, and I am wondering if the small Sys preamp will be compatible with an amplifier that puts out 200 W per channel?
  11. T

Very BAD experience with 70's Rockfan

I committed to purchase a Pioneer SX-850 from member 70's Rockfan, and he committed to sell the unit to me. We exchanged messages on that day and were to work out a day to meet and complete the transaction. Since then, I have sent several messages to him to continue to engage. I have heard...
  12. T

Need balance pot for SX-850, where to source?

Other than here on AK, is there anywhere else I should be looking for a balance pot for a Pioneer SX-850? Thanks for any help.
  13. T

Two pairs of 8 ohm speakers on an MC250?

I've read through a bunch of posts on this, but still a bit confused. Yes, I realize I should use the 4 ohm connections on the amp, but should I connect both sets of speaker cable to the left output 4 ohm connector, and same with the right? One on top of another? Sorry if this is a stupid Q...
  14. T

Basic MusicCast functionality?

So if I were to have a Spotify account, or Tidal, etc., and enabled MusicCast to play a song or playlist, does the streaming service stream directly to the MusicCast enabled receiver, or does it go through my Ipad, Iphone, etc, and then to the receiver via wifi or bluetooth, or? Just trying to...
  15. T

Jim McShane?

Have been trying to contact him, no reply. Anyone have insight? Thanks.
  16. T

Need Marantz 3300 Owners manual

Anyone have a file they could share? Only thing I can find anywhere (and I've looked) is the service manual. Need the Owners manual. Thanks for any help.
  17. T

Marantz 8b value?

Cosmetically very nice, with decent set of tubes. All original, but has been sitting for a while and has not been tested. No idea of the serial # (if that makes any diffierence?) Certainly would have to be sent off for a restore. Opinions on value? Thanks.
  18. T

Need 6D 10 test data for a TV7 tube tester.

As the title suggests, I need the test data for the 6D 10 tube which is in the MX 110 Z, TV7 tube tester. Any help would be appreciated thank you
  19. T

What is the best currently available speaker selector with volume controls?

Want to find a high quality speaker selector unit that incorporate switches for 3 pairs of speakers, with volume control for each pair. Many times I will run 3 pairs all at the same time (all of them 8ohm speakers), the amp being a MAC4100, and would like to have volume matching due to the...
  20. T

Altec 886a crossover schematic?

Recently acquired these in an estate sale. They sound OK, I'm sure they need a recap. Can someone help with a crossover schematic? Also possibly a dumb question, but wondering about the proper orientation of the speaker....passive top or bottom? Thanks for any help.
  21. T

How does the RX-A 2080 utilize it's dual DACs?

Two high quality DACS. Wondering if anyone here can tell me how they are used in the unit, for specific functions, etc? Really can't find much documentation on this. Certainly any links would be appreciated. Thanks.
  22. T

anyone running 3 pairs of speakers from a MAC4100? I am.

and I'll tell you, they sound pretty damn good. Klipsch La Scalas, Klipsch HIPs and Heresy 2s. Just got it set up and liking it a lot so far.
  23. T

Anyone know Royzilla?

Have been trying to contact @royzilla for a couple of months. Anyone here have contact with him? I believe he is in the N. California area. Thanks. Jim
  24. T

Differing versions of MC240 tube cages?

Are there differing versions of the OEM MC240 tube cages? Any photos to share? Thanks.
  25. T

Would it be worth it to monoblock two MC240's?

If yes, what would be the sonic advantage? If not, why not? Preamp would be either a C22 V3 or an MX110Z. Asking for a friend...... OK, and if so....how to accomplish this? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom