Search results

1. madspec

Cart match for a rega RP6

Hi all ! Well, don't know what I did but the cantilever on my Exact 2 is bent...Tried to realign everything but it's a no go, sounds like dog poo. So I guess I have to buy myself a new cart, I really like the Exact II but at that price range, I'll try something else. Now, I know that matching...
  2. madspec

Fast Forward Akai 4000ds problem

Ho, nice to know !! Thanks, ill check it out .
  3. madspec

Fast Forward Akai 4000ds problem

Hi, Just got an Akai 4000DS, love it ! I cleaned the heads, deoxited all pots and switches, works great (except the Fast Forward), looks like new and sounds amazing. Now, everything works great but in FAST FWD, it stalls. I need tho help it buy turning the reel by hand. When it takes up speed...
  4. madspec

Open RTR Akai 4000ds always on ?

Great, thanks guys !!
  5. madspec

Open RTR Akai 4000ds always on ?

Hi, Just got my first RTR, an AKAI 4000DS in pretty good condition from the looks of it. I don't know about the internals but I got it for cheap with about 30 used tapes, microphone and demagnetizer. Now, I gave it a good outer clean, cleaned and demagnetized the heads. I installed the tape...
  6. madspec

Need help S-Stop Kef 105.4

Thanks, will check it out, maybe time to give them a refresh !
  7. madspec

Well, I took the speakers a part and nothing seemed swollen or burnt. So, hail Mary... Gave a couple of nudges on the protection relay... It worked, speaker is ok. Weird, maybe it's time to cha he that relay I guess.
  8. madspec

Well, ending opening everything, no fuses at all. I took out the crossover, everything looked normal.. So I just tapped on the protection relay à couple of times... And by miracle it worked, speaker is ok now. Going to try to find a relay and change it.... Maybe do a recap of both crossovers.
  9. madspec

Thanks Bigx but these are for the 105.2...The 105.4 don`t have the same backend and I can`t find any information about fuses on them also.
  10. madspec

Hi, I have a pair of Kef 105.4`s that I really like. One of them stopped working, I`m sure it`s something stupid but would like to know if someone here as had the same problem with those speakers. I moved my speakers and wanted to adjust the head correctly, so I had to put them in Listening...
  11. madspec

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My Sansui just died so I took the plunge and got myself a Marantz. Absolute mint 2265b, sounds amazing.
  12. madspec

G-6000 Goes into protection mode

Always did it
  13. madspec

Well....I did adjust the offset to about -3mv on both side. Then I tried adjusting the BIAS and the left channel would not adjust. I took out the board and I saw that it had been poorly repaired and something just blew up in the board. Will try to get it fixed...I hope the tech is able too cause...
  14. madspec

Well, getting bad readings with the DC OFFSET R = -250mv L = -90mv
  15. madspec

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Geez. . Sansui G-6000 R: - 250mv L: - 90mv Have to do something about this lol, no wonder it goes into protection mode for nothing. ..
  16. madspec

Hi, I am having an issue with my amp, it goes into protection for some strange reason. If I crank the volume pass 4, it flicks and then no sound. What I have noticed is both power view meters are at max when it goes into protection mode. What I tried; - Changed speakers, mine was rated...
  17. madspec

Sansui G6000 power cut off

Hi, I just bought a G6000, everything was fine until I cranked the volume pass 4. The system goes into protection mode for some strange reason. I tried without speakers attached and it still goes into protection (green light turns off) . The power view meters are at maximum at around 4 on the...
  18. madspec

Input needed for TT purchase

Me too ! Thanks
  19. madspec

It does the same thing with my CV floor standing speakers and my A3 Ultra linéaire speakers also. . . . Installed the satellites on speaker stands and the problem is gone. Problem was to position, not the speakers . Thanks
  20. madspec

Y'a they are, ain't got anywhere else I can put them. Maybe install a shelf for the TT ? ? ?
  21. madspec

The problem is not with the sub, it's with the satellites. They are really close to the TT, I have to put the bass to 0 on my G-5000 if I don't want to have cone flapping on the satellites . I do not have lots of space so the speakers have to be there, maybe 2 feet next to the gear.
  22. madspec

I know absolutely nothing about how to fix a TT... What test should I do ? I did bring it to a repair shop and they told me everything was ok. But I had to fix a couple pf things so I guess the guy did not know anything about this table.
  23. madspec

Actually, the reason I want to change is that I am getting stylus feedback, or some other sort of feedback. I get crazy cone flaping on the midrange even with the subsonic filter turned on.Someone told me that the Lenco was an amazing TT in the day but was not meant for super big bass, the way...
  24. madspec

Hi, I presently own a Lenco L78, had it for a couple of years now and with the speaker setup I have, I don't think it's the best option for me. I don't have lot's of space so I have a Sub (Dayton Audio SUB-1500) and a pair of satellites (Dayton Audio B-652-AIR-AMT). Now, I am looking at a...
  25. madspec

Anti Skating, what do you use ?

Thanks, appreciate it !
Back
Top Bottom