Search results

1. T

Purchased a used Infinity 8" woofer from BrocLuno. Great communications, fast shipping, product exactly as described and well packaged. Easy to recommend doing business with someone like this. Tony
  2. T

Hottest !!!

I would have Revel speakers at the top of any of my lists. Cheers. Tony
  3. T

MOSFET! Could It Be A.... Sanyo?

wualta, no nothing like that. These are just bilingual (french/english) Instruction Manuals. In the Plus C55 manual there is a section describing the: "Tone control and subsonic system The preamplifier provides a choice of three turnover frequencies for both the bass and treble controls...
  4. T

Sanyo Plus Series P55 amp and tape deck

steelhead97, I just posted the specs for this on this thread. Hope this helps. Cheers. Tony
  5. T

MOSFET! Could It Be A.... Sanyo?

Hi Everyone, just stumbled across this thread and found it very interesting as I own the complete Plus Series system. And to this day the Plus P55 has incredible specs and great sound. I bought the complete system in November 1982 and paid around $2800CAD for it at that time. I have all...
  6. T

RS-3000's sing - crazy rebuild

Broc Luno, what silicone sealer did you use for the seal? Thanks. Cheers.
  7. T

RS-3000's sing - crazy rebuild

Broc Luno thanks for the information. Much appreciated. Eagerly await the photo(s). Cheers.
  8. T

RS4000: About to Refoam... Any Advice

No sweat. Appreciate the discussion. That is very useful information. I will check it out now and see if I can find some of the Westras, especially since they seem to line up good with the 902-2666. I also am still waiting to hear back from a friend who has pretty good sources within...
  9. T

Everyone, what do you think of this idea? 1. Glue the surround to the cone. 2. Do the battery connection so as to center and extend the voice coil/cone but do not let it return to its resting position (e.g. continue touching the negative lead of the battery) 3. while the cone is...
  10. T

Broc Luno, Ok thanks for that. I don't have a meter around to measure anything. The speaker's nominal impedance is 6 ohms according to the spec sheet. So the Infinity 8" polypropylene woofer, part number 902-2666, is a 4 ohm driver? Not sure I understand what you are recommending...
  11. T

Kencat, I looked at it to see if there was some way to remove it but it looked like it had been glued on. I decided not to screw around with it and re-attached the dustcap. Will wait til I hear back from the expert. I am not so sure that the woofer in this instance will be so noticeable...
  12. T

The battery trick worked perfectly with a D battery. Here's what I did. Connected the negative lead and the cone extended and centred. Did this 3 or 4 times. I then pressed around the dust cap with my fingers to then move the cone up and down in this centre position but the scratching...
  13. T

Hi JP, I have asked an expert who works for the company to look at the specs and provide some advice. Will let you know. Cheers.
  14. T

KenC/BrocLuno, thanks for the replies. With much patience I was able to remove the surround from the frame and tried the recommendations but still the same problem. This speaker has the "infamous" hockey puck covering the voice coil so when I removed the dust cap there is no place to shim...
  15. T

Ok, received the kit yesterday and did the repairs to both RS4000 speakers. 3 of the 4 worked like a charm (2 midranges and 1 woofer). The other woofer is not centred on the voice coil and as such doesn't move as freely as it needs to in order to accurately reproduce the lower frequencies...
  16. T

Can anyone answer this question? Cheers.
  17. T

Everyone, for removing the glue etc. I used a product entitled: Goo Gone that my wife bought somewhere to deal with various household issues. It worked like a charm. Cheers.
  18. T

Hi Everyone, just about to refoam my RS4000 speakers (both woofers and midrange) and was hoping for a little advice/tips/recommendations from anyone here who may have done a similar job in the past. Have had no problems removing the old foam and cleaning them up in preparation for the...
Back
Top Bottom