Search results

1. Kernel86

Yes I'm still around, just give me a poke!

Yes I'm still around, just give me a poke!
  2. Kernel86

Hammond H-112 Organ Amp

Yeah a new thread would probably be best for that. This chassis is a pretty nice setup though since you've got the three separate amps to play with or reconfigure. I do still have mine, never got around to doing much with it though.
  3. Kernel86

Sylvania CR 280 Receiver

The Sylvania CR-280W is rated for 50 watts per channel, but I believe that's at 1kHz (Note the 75W is IHF). I think the 20-20kHz RMS rating is the same as the newer CR-2743 which is 44wpc. Hope that helps.
  4. Kernel86

Sylvania "compact" console - CS5W or Exponent 4/80??

Nice score! Yes this is not an Exponent, but the 4/60 did use the same R11-1 chassis as the CS-5W. They are both 1966 models.
  5. Kernel86

Quadraphonic Suggestions

Just a quick note to the conversation. CD-4 is a discrete four channel format, there are four individual channels stored on the record. Since there are only two tracks available the signals need to be demodulated to restore them, hence why it can be finicky to get setup and working, among...
  6. Kernel86

Jensen model 20?

A bit late on this, and not that much info to add, but great find on the speakers. I think the 20's are a late '70s/early '80s model as their construction and style appears identical to a larger pair of Model 50s I had for a few years. I believe my pair was from 1980, but I don't seem to have...
  7. Kernel86

Realistic STA-250 settings, anyone??

I now have the service manual available for download here: http://www.vintagesylvania.net/?page=components&category=recv&model=CR-2743W Note this manual is quite a bit older than Radio Shack's version of the receiver, there may have been some component or circuit changes that I'm unaware of...
  8. Kernel86

Any Sylvania Speaker owners here??

These are pair of AS-125W speakers (probably -1). The woofer is a CTS and the tweeter and mid-range are both Heppner. The max rated power for these is 100 watts. These were my second pair of Sylvania speakers and I still use them to this day. :)
  9. Kernel86

GTE Sylvania AS17112w speakers

Hi, Do you have an extra 1 in that model number as it doesn't look right. There were AS-1712W's though I don't know much about that specific line of speakers. It is a little difficult to get the grills off these, if you grab this service manual there's a picture of the tool they recommended...
  10. Kernel86

Sylvania AS101W

Very nice find and in great condition too! :) If you ever decide to part with these give me a shout, I haven't come across a pair for my collection yet.
  11. Kernel86

Someone knows this Sylvania speakers?

I love the badge, but I've never seen any Sylvania speakers that looked like those before.
  12. Kernel86

Sylvania AS125A with rotted woofers -- worth refoam?

Sorry to hear you passed on them, they're excellent speakers. :music:
  13. Kernel86

Who made the Japanese Sylvania gear?

The early-mid '80s Sylvania gear is rebadged Philips or Magnavox models. Most of the components were available under both the Magnavox and Sylvania names with slightly different model numbers reflecting the brand. There are some models available under all three brands.
  14. Kernel86

Assistance With GTE/Sylvania

I may have a service manual that can be used for this unit, or at the very least for some kind of reference if you need it. The R23 chassis is the same as that used in the RS-5742, just a newer revision so I can't say what if any differences there are beyond the cabinet. Basic specs are 20wpc...
  15. Kernel86

What is this woofer out of?

A little late, but the part number on it matches what's in a Sylvania AS-61W.
  16. Kernel86

Sylvania RS-350W

Just wanted to post a small update to the info I gave. The chassis ID for the amp in this unit is R16, though I seem to be missing any docs on that one. I purchased a RS-350W myself (as can be seen from my sig :-p) a couple years ago now, swear I had managed to find the info for it. Also my...
  17. Kernel86

Sylvania RS-350W

The RS-350W is a from about 1968. I need to double check the chassis id but iirc it's rated for 8wpc IHF, or about 5 watts RMS.
  18. Kernel86

Were these any good ?

They are early '70s models. Without the grills I can't say which but they're either S-8756s', S-8766's, or S-063's. All essentially the same model, different aesthetics. They handle a decent amount of power, are quite sensitive, and can sound good or bad depending on how much one likes horns...
  19. Kernel86

Jensen Model 25 restoration

Congrats on your speaker find! I've always wanted a pair of these and hope to find some for myself someday yet! :music: Here's the brochure for this line of speakers: Jensen_1976_OPC_Series_Brochure.pdf (3.6MB)
  20. Kernel86

Sansui 5000X Bias Problem

Just wanted to post an update on this. I did end up getting the 2SC2274 as a replacement, though somehow I only ordered one. Was pretty simple to bend the heatsink clip into a TO-92'ish shape for them. Set the bias to ~22mA, adjusted the ac balance, and sounds as good as ever. :) Now to bad...
  21. Kernel86

Hammond H-112 Organ Amp

The sound quality overall is quite good. I haven't noticed any problems in the high end response but have noticed a slight lacking in the low end in a handful of songs. If I had to guess probably around 30Hz or so.
  22. Kernel86

Hammond H-112 Organ Amp

Just wanted to share what I've been listening to lately. Picked up a Hammond H-112 organ for $25 for scrap some months ago now. It was a later '60s model with a mix of solid state and tube parts. The preamps for pretty much everything were still 12AX7's or 12AU7's and the power amp was tube...
  23. Kernel86

Managed to pull the transistor without removing the driver board, much less work. :) I do show a short from C to E so boo. :( Looking for a replacement I see the 2SC2274 is a cross substitute which I can get from MAT's. Are there any other recommendations for a replacement?
  24. Kernel86

I rebuilt both the driver boards and replaced the outputs in my Sansui 5000X. The driver board rebuild was nearly every component, every resistor, the electrolytic capacitors, and the two driver transistors. The problem I'm having is with the first channel I did, which had blown outputs when...
  25. Kernel86

Gates MO-2992A

I would love it if you could actually verify that. However audio does sound normal being fed from an unbalanced source until the volume is raised. As I mentioned in my previous post I believe that to be because the 6J7 needs to be replaced as from what I can tell it's being used as a preamp...
Back
Top Bottom