Search results

1. Drugolf

Age old question.....Poly woofer glue

I reached out to Bill Watkins and asked what the clear glue is they use to adhere the surround to the clear poly cone. He wouldn't tell me. Wit a little chemistry research, rubbing alcohol worked well to remove the old residual.
  2. Drugolf

Age old question.....Poly woofer glue

I've got the gluing part covered, but man has anyone got any tricks up their sleeve for getting this glue off the cone from the original surround? What a pain these are.
  3. Drugolf

Speakers beside the Christmas Tree... post your pics

Kinda embarrased to post this one. Was testing the Ascend Acoustics until the wife got home.
  4. Drugolf

Altec 803A vs 416

I have a pair of 803b that have the red surround. And a lone 803a from 1955 it appears. The 803a was used with a KS12025 horn and 802c compression driver in a mono speaker.
  5. Drugolf

Compression drivers wanted

Actually I have both. The ones currently sporting he covers need a re-cone though. long story short I got those from a guy using it just as a woofer w/o a CD on them. I can swap the covers over to the other pair with the good cones. The covers allow all bolt on options it appears. That's an...
  6. Drugolf

Unfortunately the 2425 I have are the screw on mount HS type which the 1580 isn't set up for. My 2426H are 3 screw which will work with the magnet covers. Too bad as I'd rather use the 2425 because their diaphragms need replacement anyway. The diaphragms on the 22426H are okay as-is but I'll...
  7. Drugolf

That's good stuff Earl! I have both 2425 and 2426 drivers currently. Considering using one for the HF driver on a set of PAS CXL-1580. Was looking at buying new Radian 475 drivers but this might be the way to go instead. Any thoughts?
  8. Drugolf

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Toby this last spring still a kitten. He's 14 months now.
  9. Drugolf

Dunlavy Audio Labs Archive - From the mind of a "Legend"!

For a beginner you've done great! How much time you giving the caps to burn in before trying something else?
  10. Drugolf

Need some crosover board help

Outstanding! Thanks Toad. I had searched here but that was a 3500 so I missed it in my effort. BTW, the glue used by Sansui to hold on the caps is ridiculously hard. Cutting blade on my dremel was needed and even that was not so easy.
  11. Drugolf

Yeah, that is what I am seeing too unless someone else comes along with the actual process. What makes it difficult is the spring clips are soldered to the board of course because that is how they make a connection to the crossover. No wires.
  12. Drugolf

These are Sansui SP2500 crossovers that I am re-capping and would like to replace the spring terminals. I had hoped I could get to the other side of the board by simply removing the 6 screws but in addition the board is held on by the spring terminals and I don't know how to un-do them. Any...
  13. Drugolf

Cerwin Vega Crossover Question

I am servicing a Cerwin Vega crossover (U 351) that has a protection relay thingy in it. Any reason not to just bypass this thing at this point?
  14. Drugolf

Unknown Cartridge ID please

Ah yes, F-3+ Grado little black nubbins on the stylus. Moving Iron. interesting thanks
  15. Drugolf

Unknown Cartridge ID please

What's this cart? On a Thorens TD160.
  16. Drugolf

New to me Optonica gear

I do, but it sits on the shelf not in use.
  17. Drugolf

New to me Optonica gear

Not sure. See if you can get the owners manual on HiFiEngine
  18. Drugolf

Dunlavy Audio Labs Archive - From the mind of a "Legend"!

Not too long ago I purchased a set of SC-II.a. They are large stand mount 2-way's. I am not seeing much info out there about them. Lovely mid and upper range but very little bottom end so a pairing with a subwoofer or two is needed with these. Does that serial number starting with "02"...
  19. Drugolf

Andor

Production, styling and overall vibe is some of the best from the franchise. No other obvious agendas with casting and characters at all. Much more of a gritty and realistic look which is where their recent efforts have completely fallen flat for me. Watched all 3 episodes and it was slow to...
  20. Drugolf

Recognize this badge?

Thanks.. I had no other photos yet as they are still inbound for consignment. I can see why there was no ID. That little sticker on the back near the binding posts looks pretty primitive and likely fell off long ago.
  21. Drugolf

Recognize this badge?

Anybody know what brand logo this is? It might be rotated wrong.
  22. Drugolf

Some Empire Turntable History

Well one could reason that an old belt is mostly stretched so losing a tiny bit of length might bring it back to the correct length and speed. Who knows. I'd probably use rubber cement, you know, because it's rubber. Tire repair stuff maybe.
  23. Drugolf

They got away

It happens.
  24. Drugolf

An Idiot Attempts to Restore Altec Model 19s

The 811 horn should be easy to source. They are a dime a dozen. I'd give you one or two if you were here.
  25. Drugolf

An Idiot Attempts to Restore Altec Model 19s

Great! Big scale but not too difficult a project which will yield a big return. It looks like most of those chips and ding on the various edges of the veneer should be easy to fix. My tactic is wood bondo and grain paint to match but that is something that can be difficult to do without a few...
Back
Top Bottom