Search results

1. dennismbird

Yamaha FE-50

My not so new Yamaha FE-50 Still going through it, But I am liking what I've seen so far.
  2. dennismbird

Minimalist Footprint; Mega Sound

Ahh yes; A 12 y/o shelf system used like a component. I rarely use the CD, Tape & tuner functions. I'm only really using the onboard preamp for EQ 2nd pass; Then into the bi-amp therein. I am on the hunt for more components though. I want a Tuner component. I'll plug that puppy into my...
  3. dennismbird

Just Upgraded The Computer System

Great upgrade. So as for tips: you mentioned a power conditioner, smart move. Make sure the case of computer and stereo are grounded to an external screw terminal. Just use bare copper wire. That will prevent any shocks from ambient electronics handling. I had this issue last winter. Every...
  4. dennismbird

BArgain high end cd player?

Very high end spectrum stuff, no?
  5. dennismbird

The Big question Hmm. At what point does change from a minimalist to an exploited micro setup? I think this is as far as a "Minimalist" title can still qualify..
  6. dennismbird

Thanks. This is the first piece of equipment, thats older than I am, that has made a perminant home in my setup.
  7. dennismbird

BArgain high end cd player?

The Panasonic SA-PM27 Its got a small footprint, 5 CD + CDR deck, tape and full function remote. Ive been uber happy with mine for over a decade. Only problem I've ever had is the remote volume buttons wore out after four years or so. Never been swerviced, not even once. 4 channel...
  8. dennismbird

New Addition So I picked this up while out treasure hunting on the local garbage day. A Technics SH-8020 Stereo Graphic EQ. What a HUGE difference this made.
  9. dennismbird

My System: Looking for recommendations!

Try hanging heavy drapes. They will help a lot and are completely removable. Plus: They look nice...
  10. dennismbird

Thanks. It came from working on a whole desktop & icon theme for my tablet. Like the PADD. This stemmed from my work trying to integrate everything. I think it makes things cleaner and simple to view and interact with.
  11. dennismbird

Multicore CPUs & their desktop boards: Any risk to high def audio quality?

Just because you cram cards into your RAM slots doesn't mean you can access packets which are large enough to be usefull on Mass. And of course a DB server will handle greater RAM requests. How many people actually run a Data Base Server to play audio. Thats like using a Ferrari to get...
  12. dennismbird

NP; Hey go solid state if you want. SSDs are like recharge batgeries. There's only a finite number of RW / IO actions before they quit. then your information is GONE. not simply unreadable, but garbage. And as for incorrect, I'll switch to SSD as soon as CERN does. Proper RAM will always...
  13. dennismbird

What are you using???

YES ! ! ! Linux Rules
  14. dennismbird

Stay as far away from solid state drives whenever possible. 1.) They fail,,, A LOT!! 2.) They are NON RECOVERABLE 3.) They dont like to be partitioned. 4.) They are faster than 99.9% of people really need. & 5.) NASA, Fermilab and CERN wont even use them for their calculations (re #1-4) Just...
  15. dennismbird

Dual Bass Cannons?

My design concept. So I took some time this morning and schetched up an idea. This is the kinda thing i'm looking at. Thinking sealed on the back ends. 6 inch PVC. Possibly an elbow to transition cone for directional movement. Instead of just capping the top? This works out to 2 gallons of...
  16. dennismbird

Dual Bass Cannons?

Specs for Bi-Amp Panasonic Micro Bookshelf c.2002 Lows = 60 hz ~ 120 Hz 18 W per @ 6 ohm Highs = 120 Hz ~ 16 kHz 22 W per @ 6 ohm So I know I'll be in for a major speaker overhaul soon. I'd like to relegate my panasonics to rear usage and replace their now purpose with something brighter...
  17. dennismbird

Jimmy's office PC music system

Scenes was their most diverse album IMO.. Love that poster. Just subtle.
  18. dennismbird

Pictures of your computer set ups

I also have a medical grade power conditioner & safety in a qui pro quo a few months back. Powervar 6.0 It has six outlets, a ground terminal externally, outlet ground detection and a breaker. It honestly weighs 20 lbs..
  19. dennismbird

If size permitted, Id swap them out. (3.5" outer, 2.5" lower front) But instead I went to the local Dolleramma and picked up some wire china stands. They kinda prop them and angle things. I'm still fine tuning placement. but yeah moving around helps..:yes: ( Server & Stereo Unit )
  20. dennismbird

The Incredible Shrinking Speaker !

LOL = Naw, Look Closer. Its a fake tree with rearranged branches = lol
  21. dennismbird

And here is my pride computer build; The ottoman to control everything "computer" in the house, The Station Its neatly packaged. The monitor is simply tapped into a 12v line from the PC power supply. Theres 6GB ram, 1 TB HD, DVD-R, USB - 3.0 (2x int, 2x ext) - 2.0 (4x int, 2x ext), USB wifi...
  22. dennismbird

Pictures of your computer set ups

Here we go.. AMD A6 64bit Ubuntu Server LTS 12.04 - Media AMD A4 64bit Mint 16 - Ottoman / Studio & Control HQ Panasonic Bi-Amp For intimate Details..http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=589120
  23. dennismbird

So I moved and finally got the balls to Hafler Hack my stock Panasonic speakers; They originally come wired in dual, the 2.5 cone and tweeter up front, and a 3.5 with deep rubbers on the sides for the low channel. I essentally cut the main line to the lows and tapped the positives externally...
  24. dennismbird

What's A Reasonable Price?

He's the dude on our brown 100 notes. 5 - Blue, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Prime Minister 10 - Purple, Sir John A. MacDonald, Prime Minister (Canada's First PM) 20 -Green, Queen Elizebth II 50 - Red, Sir William Lyon MacKenzie King, Prime Minister 100 - Brown, Sir Robert Borden, Prime Minister
Back
Top Bottom