1. Mortsnets

Small speakers, small $, BIG sound

Advent /3s NHT Superzero 2.1 Optimus LX4
  2. Mortsnets

Polk Monitor 7b

Nominal impedance 8 ohms, yes that's the Peerless tweeter
  3. Mortsnets

What's your best speaker "score"?

Just recently got a pair of Dynaco A25XLs for free from a neighbor.
  4. Mortsnets

Fried Speaker Cache: Q/2's, A/2's and Beta IV's

Very nice, I like Fried speakers a lot.
  5. Mortsnets

Best FM stations in your area

In addition to the weekend shows I like Bonnie Simmons and Derk Richardson on Thursday night.
  6. Mortsnets

What's your latest audio purchase?

Raspberry Pi 4 Khadas Tone Board Allo DigiOne Allo Volt + D
  7. Mortsnets

Recommedation for a cheap DAC

I've heard good things about the Khadas Tone Board.
  8. Mortsnets

Integrated Amp for Klipsch RP-600Ms

As far as cheap preamps as you save up: I have a Schiit Sys passive two input and super inexpensive FX Audio 6j1 that I like. I would go for the Vidar as well but if I'm spending your money... I notice there is a Heed Elixir on Audiogon for $700.
  9. Mortsnets

I would go for the warmer sound of the 6L6 for the Klipsch. But very tempting to save up for the Schiit seperates. Herb Reichert likes the Aegir/RP600m combo: https://www.stereophile.com/content/schiit-audio-aegir-power-amplifier-page-2
  10. Mortsnets

I like the Musical Paradise MP-301 with it which leaves you money for a phono stage. Tubes are not a requirement they even sound good with class D. Some other amps mostly a bit beyond the budget that I would be curious about: Kingko KA101Pro tube integrated Rega Brio Audiolab 6000A Schiit...
  11. Mortsnets

Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport

Appreciate the link, great review. Thanks.
  12. Mortsnets

baco99 DELIVERED

Another thumbs up for baco99! Speakers arrived promptly, well packed and as pictured. Good communication along the way. Recommended.
  13. Mortsnets

Kirkendoll

Item purchased from Luke was well packed, and exactly as advertised. Good communication. Thanks, Craig.
  14. Mortsnets

Raspberry Pi disappointing

I'm using the MoOde software with the RPi2 with Schiit Modi USB DAC and Edimax EW-781Un Wifi usb dongle with zero issues.
  15. Mortsnets

Help me understand a RuneAudio software/Raspberry Pi System

Some Linux Distros for the RPi2: Rune, Pi MusicBox, MoOde, Volumio, Archphile. Max2Play, PiCorePlayer. I tried MoOde first because it is easy to set up and it sounds pretty good with my Schiit Modi usb dac. I'm listening to NPR All Songs 24/7 stream right now. First learned about it at...
  16. Mortsnets

...Really missing my Kef 103.2's

I love the 103.2s too. Epos ES-11s or some of the Castle speakers might be a close approximation. More recent: JMR Twins?
  17. Mortsnets

The Girl Singers That Time Forgot

Nice article from David McGee: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-girl-singers-that-time-forgot/
  18. Mortsnets

Anyone heard of Benison speakers?

I think the SoundWell in Berkeley used to have house brand speakers called Benison.
  19. Mortsnets

Any Audio club or meets in San Francisco Bay area?

SF Audiophile Society http://sanfranciscoaudiophilesociety.com/ July 11th: Loudspeaker Event #2 in the Santa Cruz mountains with loudspeaker designer, Albert Von Schweikert! We've had Albert up here before and he was wonderful. He'll be presenting his newest masterpiece at the beautiful...
  20. Mortsnets

Nor Cal Audiokarma Summit?

Could this somehow be coordinated with the CA Audio Show Aug 14-16
  21. Mortsnets

The Name That Album thread

some chairs for you to sit and think about this one
  22. Mortsnets

I'm cheating because this album is pretty popular so this is not the cover, but a picture on the inside.
  23. Mortsnets

Alabama Shakes: Boys & Girls Check out this live performance from their new album Sound & Color http://www.npr.org/event/music/398760338/kcrw-presents-alabama-shakes-live-in-concert
  24. Mortsnets

C'mon, be a thrill jockey and take a schott. How many new albums use viola da gamba and melodica?
  25. Mortsnets

Back
Top Bottom