1. MikeCh

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Nm.
  2. MikeCh

Nm.
  3. MikeCh

NICE!!!!! Did VPI move the motor to the left-rear? Is this standard on all the Classic's now or just your model? Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. Mike
  4. MikeCh

My new toy.............

Sweet!....matching this gear you should be thrilled with the results! Mike
  5. MikeCh

A new Amp!

What loudspeaker manufacturer are you referring to?
  6. MikeCh

Proceed AVP nudes

The bass management is simply a level setting/adjust that can be made on the fly or with the remote. It's not a room-smart-adjust that I'm aware.
  7. MikeCh

Proceed AVP nudes

I've been saying it for a couple of years now, the Proceed AVP is one heck of a preamplifier. Especially in two channel mode....and like you've found at low volume listening levels, the detail and transparency is quite spectacular. It retains those same details and refinement at higher...
  8. MikeCh

What Are The Best Bang For The Buck Sleepers in Modern Gear?

"Proven" meaning is there any of these units in the hands of the investors/owners/test-people/reviewers or other people than family and friends that can honestly say they've played it/listened to it/put it thru it's paces for any extended time? Just because it costs $150 or so does not...
  9. MikeCh

High-end New Speakers

Sonus Faber Cremona M: http://www.sumikoaudio.net/sonus/prod_cremona_m.htm#spec Canton Reference 3.2 DC: http://reference.canton.de/en/loudspeakers/hifi/reference-3.2-dc.htm
  10. MikeCh

A new Amp!

Hey Byron, Seems like you've got it all dialed in! Great job on assembling for your ears. :thmbsp: Amazing thing about the Vento is that whether SS or tube upstream, they seem to roll right along with what's fed them...and, do it very well. If I'm ever in the area, count me stopping...
  11. MikeCh

Changing it Up! Part Deux

You are right, I don't know you before the forums so if your goal is a "forever" speaker, non-foam surrounds would be the ideal target. FWIW, I too have only non-foam surround loudspeakers in my possession so I can understand your want. Mike
  12. MikeCh

Art, you don't own speakers long enough to experience foam rot.
  13. MikeCh

Why the issue with foam surrounds?
  14. MikeCh

Not much more on the forums from catman.

ok. Take a vacation!
  15. MikeCh

It's very apparent that you desire a Spendor design, so just get them.
  16. MikeCh

Is 'polishing' a new stylus necessary?

Now you're talking. Though I've only ever used a buffing tool such as this pnuematic model once (used the electric models several times, but they lack balls) you MUST reduce the grit to closer to the 1000/wet for polishing the stylii. Mike
  17. MikeCh

Did the stylus break or the cantilever? If the cantilever bust then you're not doing it right. With a proper eye loupe + the 220-grit in hand, you should (if you are blessed with skilz....) be able to finely polish each facet of the diamond stylus. Start over with another sample...
  18. MikeCh

Wrong. Way more polishing is required and is especially needed for all of these craptastic Ortofon cart/stylus designs. If you want to speed up the process, the 220 grit Norton (blue) sandpaper cuts like the wind and makes short order of the polishing process. I personally keep a...
  19. MikeCh

Let's See Your Modern Speakers

Man there are some beauties in this thread!
  20. MikeCh

What's a good inexpensive way to do 400 wpc?

Define "inexpensive"....
  21. MikeCh

A Closed Chapter!

Dear Don, It is with a sad heart that I read your note. May God bless you and Carolyn in this very difficult time. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Mike
  22. MikeCh

Rome is Sick...

Get well soon Don. Best wishes sir. Mike
  23. MikeCh

Do Speaker Cables Make a Difference? Science Weighs In.

....and therein lies the problem.
  24. MikeCh

Saw Depeche Mode last night

Superb! Listening to Delta Machine here this morning. I saw DM at Red Rocks Amphitheater for their Violator tour back in the early 90's along with Nitzer Ebb (Showtime tour) who opened for them. Third row center. That was a spectacular show as well. Agree that Gahan has a great energy...
Back
Top Bottom