Search results

1. Panamafred

Denon Power Amp - Mysterious Relay Clicking

Good morning all, I've lately been enjoying a Denon Poa-2400 power amp but it is demonstrating some curious behaviors. While in operation it clicks as though the protection relay is activated (same sound as when it starts up) but the music never stops and there is no ill effects on the music...
  2. Panamafred

Variable Loudness Control

Just dragged home a Denon PRA-1200 preamplifier... love the looks and some features but this one knob is really bugging me. I don't like eq's I don't like tone controls and I really don't like this variable Loudness control knob! This is my living room system and I want playback to be as...
  3. Panamafred

I've been trying to figure out how to renew my subscription....

35 years old.... figured this wouldn't be so tough. COuld any body point to me towards how to resubscribe?
  4. Panamafred

Help with a Denon tonearm

Hey all, enjoying the new AK look Glad to have the TT forum back up and running Trying to mount a Denon Da-305 tonearm (without blue sticky tack) I purchased it without the nut and after 30 minutes at Ace have concluded this is some sort of obnoxious specialty threading! Tried some...
  5. Panamafred

One of a kind ROK incoming

Pretty excited and I thought I'd show off. I've got an Ashland Idler in a big heavy plinth but I've always loved the belt drive models as well. I was considering making a custom plinth but then this showed up on ebay ... and I don't think mine would look this nice. Whoever got to this has...
  6. Panamafred

Santa worked hard on this one -- Gates CB-11

Well have to give a shout out to my wife who coordinated getting this across the state of Wisconsin right before the holidays..... Popped up on craigslist and I couldn't believe it, had been up for a month and I was the first to contact the seller. At $400 I thought twice but it was a quick...
  7. Panamafred

ROK L34 Question

I know there is a wealth of info in the massive ROK thread... but it's a lot to sift through. And I've read every "ROK runs fast / slow" thread in existence across time and space over the last 2 years. I have an L-34 with the S101 It has been gone through -- delrin flipped, bronze bearings...
  8. Panamafred

Idler Wheels By "Laherbau" in Vermont? Experiences?

I have got a well running ROK B12GH in need of a nice new Idler wheel. I'd prefer a brand new one to assure not only fresh rubber but a fresh metal bearing. I hear good things about Serge from Karmadon, but don't want to wait a few weeks! This fellow is in Vermont but I'm weary about...
  9. Panamafred

Thoughts on this Vietnamese Linear Tonearm?

They have a bunch on Ebay... not about to throw $500 bucks at one of the air bearing models but this one looks intriguing. If you type "DIY linear tonearm" on ebay you will see it pop up. Any one here try one? Thoughts on the design? I've wanted a linear tracking turntable but am leery of...
  10. Panamafred

The OFFICIAL Clarkstan Tonearm Thread

One step further along the path to (one channel) audio nirvana.... Picked this up recently off of the auction site and I'm surprised to see so little information about this arm on AK and the internet in general. I believe this is the Clarkstan 212 -- about 15 inches effective length. I bought...
  11. Panamafred

Kenwood KD-500 Issue

So I recently took ownership of this table and decided to follow the instructions here in order to lubricate the motor: https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-500550-turntable-motor-service/ I misinterpreted the instructions and removed this piece in order to lubricate the bearing: Upon...
  12. Panamafred

Denon AU-300 w/ DL-103 WOW!

I've been running a VAS retipped DL-103 on a ROK K33H w/ Empire 980 Tonearm in a Phonomena phono stage. I've never been as pleased with this set up as I thought I should've been... hard to nail down, sounded a little dainty, thin. Put all of the instruments in their own little corner of the...
  13. Panamafred

Could you help me pick a mono cartridge for a Gray 108?

Alright, so I'm currently running a Fairchild 225a and despite it's stupendous qualities I find that it is too bright and completely lacking in low end. I was told by someone I quite respect that the 225a couldn't be a daily driver reference cartridge and I agree now. I'm mainly using this for...
  14. Panamafred

Suggestions for new headphones ~~ $150

These would mostly be used for my portable Sony tape player and my laptop... Don't plan on investing in a headphone amp or any other doo-dads at the moment. No ear buds please! I have a pair of Bose noise cancelers that I quite enjoy but I can't help but imagine there are better more...
  15. Panamafred

Would this work on an arm without anti-skate?

Hey all! I have an Empire 980 arm on a belt drive ROK .... I have a line on a modified Denon 103 that sports a 0.2 x 0.6 elliptical stylus. Designed to track between 1.8 and 2.5 grams. My concern is that without anti-skate I would be harming the records and stylus. Any thoughts? Were...
  16. Panamafred

78 People--- How do you store/organize your stash?

My collection is growing and my old fruit crate filing system leaves lots to be desired.... How the hell can I store these efficiently? I've got them broken down into 6 or7 seven categories. The spines of the sleeves have obviously have no info... alphabetical order means nothing when I can't...
  17. Panamafred

What have I got here... Vintage Electrovoice Content

Found this today... was immediately impressed with the build quality. Looks too nice to be a home build but I see no model number. SP15 driver... X36 crossover. I have some research to do! This SP15 looks like a nuclear warhead! Sounds OK to, but the tweeter is dead .
  18. Panamafred

Ruined my favorite speakers?

Realized my Hegeman Model 1 on the left sounded a little funny this morning.... troubleshoot every damn thing but the speaker. But it was the speaker. Wire from binding post to cone is toast. Recommendations on making a repair? Does this type of damage point to a more extreme failure...
  19. Panamafred

BIGG George Gott Preamplifier -- Mcintoch C8 Clone

Hey! I just got this item in the mail... intention is to use this with a GE RPX cartridge to play old 78's. I read that they got in a little trouble for copying the C8, but I think I'd rather have this unit. Same functionality but doesn't need a proprietary power source. And, given the...
  20. Panamafred

DIY Cable Recommendations for a Weird Application

Okay so I have now procured 2 Niles PS-1 phono switchers: I've always been skeptical after being burned by crappy AV switchers that always added in hum or some other crap but this unit is the real deal. (Now I can have two tables running into my top-dog phono stage! Sweet!) What I need now...
  21. Panamafred

Which GE cartridge is this?

Picked this up on a very ancient, very beautiful Capehart console. I've been going over google image searches for "GE Mono Cartridge" and I've seen several that look similar but all have different names. Thanks in advance!
  22. Panamafred

Source UEA 78 RPM Preamp

Hey! So I have now come into possession of this interesting 78 RPM preamp. I have a small collection but thought this was worth purchasing. Unfortunately the RIAA preamp produces only hum but the other settings work very well. My 1950's Jazz records sound fantastic on both A & B...
  23. Panamafred

Source Engineering Noise Suppressor Anyone?

I just purchased a 78 rpm preamp that plugs into the back of this device. Without the noise suppressor it will have no power source. Can you peice this together... ( I dont have the noise supressor!) If you have one or the schematic and could tell me the voltage coming out of the back of...
  24. Panamafred

Could anyone help me come up with a power supply for this Pre-Amp?

So I just won this Source phono equalizer for my 78 setup But it doesn't have a regular power cord... it was meant to be plugged in to this device: I'm wondering how you would go about using this device without the device it is meant to be plugged in to? I was thinking of splicing the cord...
  25. Panamafred

New Russian Idler Source?

New to me anyways. Was searching on ebay for the price of an L-37 idler wheel and came across this fellow selling some pretty slick looking wheels. Anybody have any experience with these wheels? I do have Slavic genetics but other than that no affiliation :)
Back
Top Bottom