1. SkyLounger

Scott 299A refurb questions

Planabox in Vimont, Laval.
  2. SkyLounger

Happy Birthday to Skylounger!

Thanks so much guys!
  3. SkyLounger

Good news! I found a highly recommended shop about 25 minutes away from where I live. I'll be dropping the amp next thursday for a major restauration. Very happy to be able to revive such a nice piece of equipment.
  4. SkyLounger

Wow, thanks so much for your replies guys! I think I got the answer I was looking for and won't be risking it on this amp. My soldering skills are very minimal and I don't really have the time, tools and talent to get this project to where it needs to go. I will be inquiring for good shops in...
  5. SkyLounger

Hey guys! Complete tube noob here. I was given said amp and you'll see from pictures that it's need of some TLC. I've never heard these amps or any tube amp for that matter, apart from the tubes in my hybrid AVM 5.2t integrated. My questions are: 1) If I send the unit to an audio shop...
  6. SkyLounger

SkyLounger's systems

Thanks KDAC, indeed I often get lost in the sweet spot... Glad you resussicated your fiber optics lamp!!!
  7. SkyLounger

SkyLounger's systems

New living room arrangement
  8. SkyLounger

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Sonny Rollins - The Bridge
  9. SkyLounger

post your TD-124 S/N and build age database

#44576 here Thanks for the info, beatcomber
  10. SkyLounger

Swappped my Grace F9-E with a Ruby. Wow

Got a Ruby NCL installed on mine from Sound Smith... astonishing!!!
  11. SkyLounger

Can an amateur upgrade a PL-518?

Great job Neevo, enjoy to the fullest!
  12. SkyLounger

Ok So I bought a KD-500 & Black Widow

...and I thought the Micro Seiki MA-707 looked good on my KD550 :idea:
  13. SkyLounger

Shinola Runwell - Michael Fremer visits Detroit

IMHO, that is one very very good looking turntable. I agree with what Mr. Pig said îîî
  14. SkyLounger

Age and your satisfaction with your Main Rig

My main rig is in my sig and what i'd like to eventually upgrade is my amp to a McIntosh, get rid of the CD player for a transport only, upgrade to the phono pre and get some sort of HD player to replace JRiver on my MacBook. I'm turning 53 next month.
  15. SkyLounger

HaHaHa...betterrecords used LPs in the $200-$1000 range

I'm sorry but this last post of yours kind of destroys 5 pages of "legitimate" questioning you seemed to have about BR's business purpose, unless your post is TIC...
  16. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

I think that's your best bet if you want to keep it original looking... And be prepared to get thrown off the couch when you lower this newly retipped beauty in the grooves! Well worth the wait.
  17. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

It's your choice, really. In my case, I sent them the whole cartridge because I wanted to keep the original stylus/cantilever holder (lime green) and have the cartridge tested as well since it's 30+ y/o. Like they said, the issue with a 30 y/o cartridge is not so much stylus (diamond) wear but...
  18. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

All right, my "new" Grace F9E is finally installed. First, let me emphasize about Soundsmith's great service. The cartridge came back in even better packaging than what I initially sent it in. Also, they included a complete written tutorial on stylus cleaning, cartridge installation and...
  19. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

Yes it is.
  20. SkyLounger

TD-124 magnetic platter with MC carts?

Weird, mine doesn't (same setup) How do you know?
  21. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

It's finally home!!! Before I install it, I thought I'd provide you guys with an "exclusive" picture of this piece of art! So, here is my newly "Ruby cantilever with Optimized Contour Nude Contact Line" retipped Grace F9e from Sound-Smith!
  22. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

Cool, thanks! Can't wait to get mine!
  23. SkyLounger

Grace F9E rebuild

Cartridge still in transit... My guess is it's stuck at Canada Customs...
  24. SkyLounger

How many watts is your Amplifier @8ohms

where are the options for multiple votes... anyway, I have three and they're all 100w+ Pioneer SX-1250: 170w/ch Pioneer SX-1050: 110w/ch Cambridge 851A: 120w/ch
Back
Top Bottom