Search results

1. K

Sansui 661 schematic and user manual

Hi SinSeven ! I have a Sansui 661, but I don't have the User Manual or Schematic. Do you still have your 661 paperwork...? It would be real nice to have. I'm located in Wisconsin.
  2. K

Correct stain color for Marantz wood case...

Hi, I recently acquired a nice Marantz 2265, and it came with the standard wood grained metal case. I had a cabinet maker friend of mine build a real wood case for it out of beautiful cherry hardwood. As I look at pictures of vintage Marantz gear and their real wood cases, I get the impression...
  3. K

What's up with Passive Radiators....????

So I was checking out some Genesis II's, and I got to thinking about passive radiators in general....and I'm stumped! You see, when the cone of the electrically driven (active) bass driver moves in one direction, say "in", the passive moves "out"....why? Because of the pressure inside the sealed...
  4. K

Sansui 6060 Operating Instructions manual

Still looking for a Sansui 6060 owners/operators manual, even a copy would be OK. Let me know if you can help, Thank You!
  5. K

Sansui 6060 Operating Instructions manual

Hi there...I have a Sansui 6060 in really nice condition and would like to obtain an Operating Instructions manual (owner's manual) for it. An original would be nice, but not mandatory. A copy of an original would be sufficient. I can find the Service Manual on line for download and so I have...
  6. K

Fast blow fuses needed on 7070 driver board?

Thanks John, I am able to drive my 4 Sansui speakers to considerable levels with no issue using the 6 amp fuses. Also connected my Koss ESP-9 electrostatic cans, driving them to about 5 to 10 watts on the power meters. So all is good.
  7. K

All is still great with 7070, may step down to 5 or 6 amp fuses for added protection.
  8. K

I decided to use quick acting fuses, and found a great selection of fuses at Radio Shack.
  9. K

Time travel audio gear purchase..

Here's a bit of fantasy "if only" type of thinking... What if you could travel back in time (on a shag magic carpet) to the late '60s or 70's and could pick up that gear you've been lusting after? You know, that one or two pieces of vintage audio hardware that you've always dreamed of. In mint...
  10. K

7 amp / 125 volt fuses....

Well, the fuses are in, and all is well.....Prior to buttoning the 7070 up, I will check/adjust the DC offset. Also, with manuals available online, AND THE HELP OF THIS SITE, Keeping the old gear running is much easier, and just plain fun? There's something about vintage gear that is hard to...
  11. K

Thank you for the resposes, I am not the original owner of the 7070, having bought it just a few weeks ago. It had the incorrect rating fuses in it when I opened it for cleaning, and I don't have the original fuses. I was unable to determine if the factory spec 7 amp 125 volt fuses were to be...
  12. K

These 7 amp 125 volt fuses are located on the driver board inside the 7070. There are two of them side by side on the driver board. The fuse rating of 7 amp 125 volt is printed on the driver board next to the fuse locations. This rating is also shown in the 7070 service manual for the driver...
  13. K

Hi John...I am located near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
  14. K

Hi there. I need to buy a couple 7 Amp 125 Volt fuses for the driver board of my Sansui 7070. Can someone suggest a retailer or online source for these? Also, I'm not sure if driver board fuses need to be fast blow type or if normal type are acceptable. Much thanks...
  15. K

Greetings, recently purchased a nice Sansui 7070. It's fairly original, even has the red card on the phono input jacks regarding phono pin plug usage, and has the red "unit set to 115 / 120 volts" tag on the power cord. (More recently I picked up a nice pair of SP 50s to use with the 7070.) As...
Back
Top Bottom