Search results

1. OMI

New road trip - kandahar

I had sooo much fun on my last road trip that I signed up for a year working out of Kandahar. I start out processing on the 13th and fly to Dubai on the 16th for one night and then a short hop to Kandahar the next day:) I will post updates (with pics) periodically here for anyone interested...
  2. OMI

Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Hmmm While I have not been around for a bit... OBE stuff... Still want to maintain my seat in the class. Do not remember if I have a recuring membership? Let me know if I have to send $$$$ Thanks... omi
  3. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

Should have signed in sooner... Got back June 6th. Had 2 weeks off and went back to work. Gone a year and nothing changed... Here is a pic from last April time. One of our Construction Reps was heading back to base on one of the main roads into Kabul. Some of the intersections get mucked...
  4. OMI

Hafta Tell SOMEBODY...

Congrats!!!!
  5. OMI

For my cat lover friends!!!

rest of the pics:)
  6. OMI

For my cat lover friends!!!

A few thoughts on cat baths...by The Cat: 'But You Said You Loved Me!' 'You will pay, as God is my witness, you will pay.'...
  7. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

Under 30 days!!!!!!! We have an LN (Local National) that does inspections. Here are 2 reports that he susbmitted. Please note the new and improved method to heat water for tea and also a brand new way to clear clogged toilets... Enjoy:)
  8. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

Been a while with no pics. Well here are a few… I am now up at Mazer-I-Sharif for the remaining time I have left. There is an ANA Base called Camp Shaheen. Within that ANA base is the coalition base, Camp Spann. Just out the main gate to Camp Spann is the COE office area. That is where I...
  9. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

I was home for the first few weeks in March and am back over. I have some pics that I have been wanting to post. Will get to that soon. Have a few of a bit of snow at Kabul in DEC. I have been sent north to Mazar-E-Sharif (MEZ) for my last 2 months. A medium sized Afghan army base of about...
  10. OMI

Happy Birthday OMI

TY all.... I was back for 2 weeks on R&R and was kept busy on catch-up's around the house. Back over and will post some pics that I have been wanting to do. Have some from DEC when we recived a bit of snow. I will be heading down range to MEZ (sp) in a few days for my last 2 months or...
  11. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

The fun we have... Put an Afghani behind the wheel of ANY vehicle and they will seek out the most absurd thing in 100 miles to hit. Dose not matter if it is 10 feet off the road or 100 feet off the road.... Not sure if it is like a magnet or the moth and flame thing:)
  12. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

Been a while so I decided to send out a few pics. Today was “casual Friday” so I had some time this afternoon to DL the pics to my lap top, reduce the file size and put on a CD so I could put the CD in my room PC so I could sendl… We are still in USB port hell… USB ports on all GOV computers...
  13. OMI

MiMi's new adventure

Just stopped in… Have not uploaded any pics recently. We are still in USB port hell with all the USB ports blocked due to a virus that was moving around a bit back. It is now a multi step process to get my pics here. I had to buy a lap top when I was home to DL the pictures from my cameras…...
  14. OMI

UPS hosed me or we have a thief in the neighborhood

The laptop is running Intel core two duo 2 GHZ and 4 MB memory with a 320 GB HD. Hate the finger pad thingy!!! I ordered a wireless mouse and had it shipped to my APO. Had some MOV files on a memory stick and am trying out burning them to a DVD. Will see how that goes. No luck setting...
  15. OMI

Works!!!! It has Vista on it :( I have a copy of XP Pro and am thinking about trying to remove the Vista and put on XP Pro. Will see if I can get used to Vista first. Not a lot of other crap loaded on it. That is good. Have to figure out how to remove a few things... MSN thing and an...
  16. OMI

UPDATE...UPDATE....UPDATE I just open the front door (1520) to see what the weather was like and magically there was a box sitting there... It was my laptop... I guess it was UPS's way of making sure that they made the 2 day shipment... Log it in on day 2 and deliver it the next day...
  17. OMI

When UPS is in a hurry.... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=056_1230760051 and http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=660_1187359791
  18. OMI

Hmmmm... Now this is interesting... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58a_1181759364 http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=290_1181759151 http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6fd_1181758734
  19. OMI

Newegg was quick on the phone. They had a claim in there system before I was off the phone and it was past step 2 within 30 mins. of my call. They did ask if I would want my $$$ back or the item. I need the laptop so I asked if it got to that point to ship a new laptop to my APO address...
  20. OMI

ION TTUSB05 USB Turntable / Vinyl Archiver With Line Output - Retail $80.00 shipped

Came accross this at Newegg. $80.00, shipped, with Promo Code EMCBCDACJ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882698005&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL123008&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL123008-_-ElectronicGadgets-_-LB2C-_-82698005 http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/latest/index-landing.html
  21. OMI

Normally we have the garage door up, but with the Daughters car in there and crap packed all over the place we have been leaving it shut. When it is open they do leave the "stuff” by the door into the house in the garage. A much safer location than the porch. We will see where this goes...
  22. OMI

Have ordered a number of items recently and in the past. This is the first time I have ever had any trouble. We have had stuff show up when we were out of town and it sat on the porch for a few days with no problems. If my laptop was delivered, it did not last an hour on the porch.... I live...
  23. OMI

I did a quick check of my neighbors and did not see any packages on their front pourch. Will look a bit more in the morn. I hope it ended up at the wrong house and not in the hands of some scum sucking crook...
  24. OMI

I found a good deal on a HP laptop referb at Newegg and ordered it. Spent a few extra $$$ for 2 day delivery. Been watching the travels of my new laptop that I was taking back over the pond with me. It made it to Enterprise this AM and on the truck. UPS normally hits my part of town late in...
Back
Top Bottom