Search results

1. 851 SP3

Favorite Bourbon

latest tries. like them all.
  2. 851 SP3

New Old Stock Motor Oil

use it like you would new, store-bought stuff and worry about something more pressing.
  3. 851 SP3

What are you drinking now?

Made not an hour away from me. I've had their standard bourbon (excellent). The bonded finally arrived in town recently and I had to try it. Fabulous.
  4. 851 SP3

Hate Roundabouts?

They started popping up in odd places around here. I know of four now within a ten minute drive. There's absolutely nothing wrong with roundabouts. What's wrong is the moron traffic engineers who make them too small (to accommodate tractor trailers for starters) and where they decide to put them...
  5. 851 SP3

Free amp I got, Proton D 1200.

You got a nice freebie, the rest us didn't. 'you suck!' is the usual response to such occurrences.
  6. 851 SP3

Free amp I got, Proton D 1200.

Definitely falls under the 'you suck' category. Hope it cleans up nicely and works as it should. It should make for some fun swap experiments.
  7. 851 SP3

Gloves while wrenching?

Very rarely. If it's really cold/hot or, if there's a REALLY good chance of losing flesh (as opposed to just skin, scratch), then yes. Or, if the work involves some serious filth that can't be removed easily or in a timely manner (I've grown tired of constantly having to wash up). Otherwise, no...
  8. 851 SP3

indycar virtual racing

Ha ha! I'm in the very first one. And the second. And fourth. Well, a bunch of them. Friend and former teammate created that video.
  9. 851 SP3

indycar virtual racing

Yes. Pre- and post- split. Tasman Motorsports and Team Rahal.
  10. 851 SP3

indycar virtual racing

For a decade I made my living wrenching on them. A part of the reason I didn't continue on was because the actual competition was creeping toward the contrived spec nonsense that is almost de rigueur now. Friends still in the business have sent me emails with links to this. I have negative...
  11. 851 SP3

Husqvarna Motorcycle appreciation thread

Not really. 50 degree V vs. 45. Besides, HD was never really serious about road racing.
  12. 851 SP3

Husqvarna Motorcycle appreciation thread

Far more interesting to me...
  13. 851 SP3

RIP John Andretti

I'm sure he is. While not his son, they are a very close family and, Mario was paying for a lot of John's treatments. Rather than paraphrase myself, this is what I posted in response to another racing friend's comment on facebook the other day. "Damn. This one is especially tough. When I...
  14. 851 SP3

The acute effects of alcohol on auditory thresholds

I played guitar better (proven by recordings, long, long ago), I play pool/billiards better (by a large margin), I throw darts better (similar margin), and I rode my motorcycles faster (which is why I don't drink/ride; liquid courage). Distant past now. RIP Phil, Lem, and Eddie.
  15. 851 SP3

Speaker inline fuse protection-Yea or Nay ?

Long story short > electrical storm > Adcom GFA-535 (no fuses on outputs) > transistor failed > 45VDC into > Klipsch Fortes (no fuses on inputs) > fried woofer coil.
  16. 851 SP3

Dahlquist Owner's Thread

I bought a pair of M905s new in '88 with the factory stands. I sold them several years ago (boy, that was dumb). Simply sweet sounding speakers.
  17. 851 SP3

2 GM engineers arrested after 100-mph Kentucky joyride in new Corvettes

Not sure what your point is. You'd have an easier time listing the cars that WON'T go 140 mph now than the ones that do. Most Ferraris are red, look like 'rockets' and, I'd wager they also know that you can't legally operate them over 70.
  18. 851 SP3

II. Neil Peart passing

By design
  19. 851 SP3

II. Neil Peart passing

I did the same. I had seen them on the Power Windows tour. My son isn't terribly 'into' music like I was at his age. But, he somehow latched onto Rush some years before Clockwork Angels was released. A dear friend of mine has a daughter the same age as my son. She and I went to the Power Windows...
  20. 851 SP3

What are you drinking now?

A glass of Gentleman Jack. Christmas gift from a coworker. Far (far) better than I remember the standard stuff being. 'bout to pour another.......
  21. 851 SP3

Ford vs. Ferrari - Anyone?

not just at LeMans.
  22. 851 SP3

or, don't be a commie.
  23. 851 SP3

There is NEVER a tie in racing.
  24. 851 SP3

I may be done with the NFL

QB gets taken down after the ball is gone and not in a 'momentum' fashion. THIS is what starts the whole thing. It's (usually) a penalty. The defender also has QB pinned. QB doesn't like any of that and says something and tries (keyword) to rip the helmet off. Should be a penalty. The defender...
Back
Top Bottom