Search results

1. D

Multiple Amps and Multiple Speaker Sets

As mentioned above, Dynakit. Also Elekit; I have four amps and two preamps I built from Elekit. Very good quality and easy to build. Others on here have built Bottlehead, ANK Audio, and I think the newest kit company Analog Ethos.
  2. D

Multiple Amps and Multiple Speaker Sets

I currently have eight amps, but I only listen to one at a time. It's all just for fun. No other reason. I like them and they're fun to play with.
  3. D

HPM 100's - 100 watt or 200 watt?

I have to agree with audiocast. HPM 100s are great with rock and roll, but they actually do very well with mellow jazz and fusion. Also symphonic prog works well. Don't know about country western, hip hop, classical or opera ;)
  4. D

Peachtree audio question

Didn't notice this was a resurrected zombie thread. The answer to your question is I think so. I just checked the manual for my Nova 150 and it has a loop feature that should work perfectly with the Bose speakers.
  5. D

PrimaLuna EVO and Tube Rolling

To the OP, see what you started :D. I've got a PL Prologue Premium that's currently running KT150s. It's a big improvement over the stock EL34s. Is that due to the tube type or the manufacturer? I don't know. I can tell you that the KT150s may be overkill in a PL amp. I think the best fit for...
  6. D

Muzishare X7 vs PrimLuna EVO 300 -- Is it 3x Better?

I've not heard the Dialogue Premium. From the specs it appears they have an extended frequency range. Depending on your speakers, you may or may not think that's a good thing. Otherwise, they seem to be similar in spec.
  7. D

HPM-100 Remove Crossovers from Posts Glue/Sludge

It's glue. A hair dryer may soften it, but mostly you just have to carefully scrape it off. They poured the stuff on so the components wouldn't rattle loose. Some units got a lot more than others. Yours looks like it got a lot.
  8. D

Muzishare X7 vs PrimLuna EVO 300 -- Is it 3x Better?

Upscale Audio has a PrimaLuna Prologue Premium brand new but slightly blemished for less than 2K. The Prologue Premium is essentially the same as the Evo 300, just an older model. All the PrimaLuna amps can take up to KT150. I'm running KT150s in my Prologue Premium and it sounds pretty good.
  9. D

New vs Old......I'm sold

I don't know if this is old or new. I'm currently running my heavily modded Pioneer HPM-100s with a just built Elekit 2A3 tube amp and it sounds pretty darn good to me. I'm also using a Schiit Saga+ (without the tube) for the remote volume. Oh, and I'm using Roon to stream a combo of local files...
  10. D

Integrated Amps vs. Network Receivers: am I missing something?

It kind of depends on your personality. If you're a tweaker, separates are the way to go. You can mix and match and swap to your heart's content. If all you want is a box to listen to music, the Yamaha R-N1000A is pretty hard to beat. I don't think you're compromising here. The Yamaha will have...
  11. D

Aging Receiver Question

There's a sticky at the top of this forum discussing the use of DeOxit. Here's a link. Idiots Guide to DeOxit
  12. D

just got here, and already askin stuff....

Like what's said above. A vacuum applied very carefully can probably do the trick.
  13. D

Aging Receiver Question

You need to let us know what the receiver make and model is, how it's hooked up, what other equipment you have (input devices, speakers, etc.). It could be something as simple as bad cables, poor or corroded connections, corroded switches (very common) that just need a little DeOxit. Also if...
  14. D

Best way to power multiple speakers off older receiver

I don't have a manual for the Realistic but if it's speaker A + B, not A or B, you can use that receiver to drive two pairs of speakers as long as both pairs are 8 ohm or higher. The Luxman is probably the superior amp, but it only has outputs for two speakers. You can maybe run another set in...
  15. D

300B tube recommendations

I think Victor Kung is still selling Cossor (Linlai) 300Bs. VK 300B Tubes I bought some Linlai Global Elite 2A3s that sound really nice. Their Global Elite 300Bs are quite pricey though.
  16. D

New to DACs

Your Nova 300 has a very good DAC in it. I doubt you can improve the audio quality with an external DAC. It might sound different which you may like, but I doubt if it will sound better. Use one of the digital outputs from the Oppo to the digital input on the Nova 300 and see how that sounds...
  17. D

DAC Info

Seems no one has asked the OP what amp and speakers are being used. Could make a difference. I've never experienced a problem with low volume streaming my phone to just about anything from vintage amp to smart speakers.
  18. D

Build 2A3 or 300B tube amp?

Good choice. I prefer my 2A3 to my 300B. In case you haven't pulled the trigger, you might consider the Elekit TU-8900. You can run either tube set. I use mine with the 2A3 and I love it.
  19. D

Analogue speakers and WiFi speakers simultaneously

I don't think you can. Are the WiFi speakers in another room? I'm not sure why you want to do this. Let us know exactly what you're trying to do here and maybe someone can figure out a way to do it.
  20. D

Record/Stereo Cabinet Ideas

VTI Manufacturing makes good stuff.
  21. D

Vintage Pioneer System Remote Control

If it's introducing noise, maybe a rebuild will help. There are probably suspect transistors and caps in there. Maybe even some sub-par resistors. Shouldn't be too much trouble to update it and get rid of the noise.
  22. D

Vintage Pioneer System Remote Control

I couldn't find a manual for the RC-760, but it appears to operate as a preamplifier. You could probably connect the DAC to the CD input or the Adaptor input. The other components can be connected to the SX-9 as you have them now. The Out to Amplifier goes to the SX-9. Set the volume on the SX-9...
  23. D

Converting LP Analog to Digital...

Many of us here have dabbled in digitizing LPs and gave it up as too much trouble and too much time. There's a reason the digitizing posts are all so old. Just wondering what your use case is. Some folks have unobtainium LPs that were never released on CD. If that's the case it may be worth it...
  24. D

Itching to upgrade, looking for opinions.

I'm not sure these will be in your price range, but you might want to look at Tekton Design. Their Pendragon's probably come closest and are well respected by the community here. Also, last I checked Tekton had a 15 day trial policy. If you don't like them you box them back up and send them back.
Back
Top Bottom