Search results

1. D

New Allnic Audio 300B Tube

Allnic Audio claims to be building their own 300B tubes. Their technology discussion is interesting, but I don't know anything about the company. It's a little concerning that they can't spell their own name correctly or consistently. Anyone have experience with these new tubes? Also, they don't...
  2. D

Thinking of a new amp kit

Anyone familiar with Analog Ethos? https://www.analogethos.com/ I like the looks of the amp and their site is well done. Just wondering if anyone has experience building their kits?
  3. D

Preamp Question

I've got a Schiit Saga + that has two outputs (for two amps). With one amp connected, the output levels is fine to drive my Elekit TU-8600. When I connect a second amp (even with it turned off) the output level drops to the point I have to max out the volume on the preamp and the volume on the...
  4. D

Trouble with used PrimaLuna

I just got a used PrimaLuna Prologue Premium integrated amp. It's all original with low hours and original tubes. After setting it up, I noticed a low, fluttering static coming from both channels with no input. It's almost rhythmic, maybe on about one second cycle. It doesn't get louder with...
  5. D

SS Preamp for Tube Amp

I want to build an ST120 or something similar but I like the convenience of a remote and also a headphone jack. Would a SS preamp ruin the sound of the tube amp? Anybody know a tube preamp with a remote?
  6. D

Shout out to Out West Vintage Stereo

Just a kudos to Randy at Out West Vintage Stereo. He did a complete rebuild of my Pioneer SX-950 and the results are amazing. If anyone is looking for a good tech in the southwest, Randy gets my recommendation.
  7. D

Elekit TU-8200R Value

Not being snarky but just trying to relieve my ignorance about tube audio. What is it about the Elekit TU-8200R kit that makes it worth $795? That seems like a lot of money for a handful of electronic components and a box to put them in. Can anyone enlighten me? I'd love to put this kit...
  8. D

Japanese DAC

I'm interested in a Teac UD-301. Problem is the only ones readily available come from Japan, so I presume it's 100v. Will this work on US 120v?
  9. D

Pioneer Receiver Rebuild

There's a guy on the Bay selling rebuild kits for Pioneer receivers. Anyone know if this guy is legit or have experience with his kits? Seems like he must be a member here on AK. Any info would be useful.
  10. D

HPM-100 Grill Cloth

Any advice on the best way to attach new grill cloth to the plastic frames of the 200 watt HPM-100?
  11. D

Pioneer PL-50 Belt Problem

The belt (new) on my PL-50 is riding up the capstan. Any recommendations? The belt is correct size (35.1") bought from Needle Doctor.
Back
Top Bottom