Search results

1. J

Looking for Canton Ergo 1002 DC speaker schematics

I recently purchased Canton 1002 DC cabinets with crossovers. I haven't been able to find a list of drivers that work for the 1002 DC. Each speaker consists of 2 x 8" woofers, 1 x 7" mid-range and 1 x 1" tweeter. I have seen Ergo series 8" drivers labeled as 7806 and 7816, leading me to believe...
  2. J

Need Marantz 510M re-build help

I have a 510M that my local tech has partially restored. The leftover work is beyond what he can handle/has time for. What's left are repairing the boards and matching the transistors. Here's what's been done so far: New filter capacitors Lights Fan Soft Start Circuit As you can see by the...
  3. J

Sansui G-9000 Oval Capacitor 're-stuff'

I actually have a G-901DB, but they all have the same 4x oval capacitors. I'm having the unit fully recapped but my tech has not re-stuffed the oval caps before and doesn't want to tackle that project. I've asked around AK to some who have done this before, but they either do not respond or are...
  4. J

Sansui 9090 troubleshooting

Hello all. This is most likely a question for someone with good tech experience. Unfortunately, my tech has retired. I have a 9090 that was fully recapped last year. Every possible cap and semiconductor were replaced, including the tuner board. It worked flawlessly until yesterday when I tried...
  5. J

Replacing diaphragm in tweeter for Aerial Acoustics CC3B

Hello all. I recently acquired an Aerial Acoustics CC3B center channel that unfortunately has a blown tweeter. I contacted Aerial Acoustics about a replacement tweeter. I understand it is high end audio and that the tweeter will come with a price ($380 to be exact), but I also thought to...
  6. J

Can one bad cap ruin the entire crossover?

Here's a unique experience I'm having, and I'm curious if anyone else has run into this. I completely rebuilt the crossovers for my DLK /3 speakers. New L-pads, new Dayton caps, new speaker wire & binding posts. The only original components are the inductors. Once rebuilt, I was only able...
  7. J

DLK /4 speakers restored, a Minnesota speaker legend.

A while back MNrocketry started a thread about a pair of DLK /4's he picked up. He never got to restoring them, and I was lucky enough to purchase them from him a few weeks back. Last night I finished them (well, mostly, I still have some cosmetics to do) and had a great time listening to...
  8. J

DLK /4 speakers restored, a Minnesota speaker legend.

A while back MNrocketry started a thread about a pair of DLK /4's he picked up. He never got to restoring them, and I was lucky enough to purchase them from him a few weeks back. Last night I finished them (well, mostly, I still have some cosmetics to do) and had a great time listening to...
  9. J

An interesting find. Utah HS4-B speakers

I'm in the middle of a couple speaker projects, but these were cheap and unique so I couldn't pass them up. I am curious if others have heard of this model. They appear to have a horn for the mid-range. At first glance, I thought these might be DLK /3 speakers (one of my photos shows the...
Back
Top Bottom