Search results

1. jbl64

Sonic advantages of Cassette tape

Cassettes I'm still in the cassette world. I keep buying them at thrift stores.:thmbsp:
  2. jbl64

Sony TC-K555

Sony TC-K555ESL Just seen this deck on you tube and it look very impressive. Yet mine a bit older then that model is 1/3 its size and for being smaller it sure has some weight to it. Like i said this is my first experience with a 3 head deck and have heard others mentioned how well they...
  3. jbl64

Sony TC-K555

Still listening for hours without fatigue. Sounds as nice as a CD.
  4. jbl64

Sony TC-K555

Recordings I'm impress how it records with so much details that my Denon deck wouldn't capture. I'm using just a basic Sony HR tape. Sounds like a type II tape. My first experience with a 3 head deck and something i could afford. :thmbsp:
  5. jbl64

Sony TC-K555

So far plays nicely and tomorrow gonna record to see how it sounds back on play back.
  6. jbl64

Sony TC-K555

Just picked up this Sony 3 head deck at my local Goodwill for $9.99 and todays 1/2 price on blue sticker price tag. It powers up ok and plays cassettes and quite operation on play and FWD-RWD modes. My first 3 head deck in my vintage audio setup. Most of the times i usually only find 2 head/3...
  7. jbl64

A JBL 4435 in the house

JBL 4435 Studio Those were a work of art speakers back in the days in 1981. They sure took up a lot of space that is for sure. Just the think vinyl,cassettes,reel to reel and 8 track tapes were playing thru those back then. Kenrick in Japan were selling a refurbish pair for $46,000 on their site.
  8. jbl64

New Advent large

Anyone have some inside good and cons about these speakers i got last year. They have been re-done with new surrounds and sound awesome. They are heavy as hell 60 pounds i think. :music:
  9. jbl64

Denon DR-M33HX - stay or go?

Denon DR-M10HR I picked this cassette deck last year at a local Goodwill store for under $10.00 with manual. I cleaned it up case/internal parts and played some cassettes and it plays nice and detailed sounds. Any info more about this model {year,price} back in the days?. I always heard Denon...
  10. jbl64

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Denon DR-M10HR I picked this up last year at Goodwill for under $10.00. It plays and records with a nice brilliant sound and detailed. I now added a vintage Advent large speakers that i got free from a passing neighbor. The woofer appears to have been repaired with new rubber foam. Sounds...
  11. jbl64

Jbl 150p

Nobody knows or has any experience with this type of speakers. I guess i'll have to call JBL support and give them a piece of my mind.:scratch2:
  12. jbl64

Jbl 150p

I have this sub and it has quit working months ago. It doesn't have much use since i bought it new. Does anyone know if this model has a internal fuse? IF so how to get access to it?. It is a down firing woofer. Removing the woofer would be better or removing the 20+ screws in the back?.
  13. jbl64

Polk Audio Monitor 12's - Wow!!

OMG that is what you would call a Wall of Sound. I think the Grateful Dead done that in one of their early concerts back in the day. I believe they tour with that sound stage.If my memory serves me right it was a McIntosh speakers. :thmbsp:
  14. jbl64

Good idea to record nothing onto a used tape before recording something?

Realistic Bulk Eraser I bought mine when they first came out. I have used it on 8 tracks then on cassette tapes. I'm like you about using used type 2 cassettes when i find them at thrift stores. I try to keep my NOS stack of type 2 cassettes {45} or so. But never place that bulk eraser near...
  15. jbl64

Advent 5002

Nice speakers I just got a pair of "new" Advents several months ago from a passing neighbor friend of mine for free. They sound awesome. It might appear at some point they were repaired. :thmbsp:
  16. jbl64

Advent large loudspeakers

I'm still enjoying listening to these "new" Large Advent Loudspeakers also with the help of my Klpisch 10" sub for that deep bass. Now i get feel and sound of mid-range out of the Advents and that clean sounding "fried egg" tweeters. :music:
  17. jbl64

The details are so clear especially on cymbals.
  18. jbl64

This is my first set of Advent speakers ever. I remember and seeing the {baby} advents at our past Montgomery Ward store back in the mid 80's or so which had a nice display of many brands of speakers. I ended up buying a pair if Cervin Vegas 3 way at that time. I had those for 10 years and sold...
  19. jbl64

Woofer examine I poked them a bit they seem stiff and no signs of stress to the foams. The other edges look shiny not sure if that is a sign of re-foam repair?. They flex nice and has a nice bass with older music and new. Can you tell me what that toggle in the back is for?.
  20. jbl64

Got them connected to my Onkyo TX-8050 and they sound pretty nice and smooth and crisp highs. Trying to figure out what the toggle switch on the back does?. Bass sounds nice and smooth and you can hear the details of the bass guitar plucking. :music:
  21. jbl64

I'll take a closer photo of the surround foams.
  22. jbl64

Maxell communicator series blanks

Now that you done a record test on those communicator series cassettes. I will also do one today as soon as i connect my nice looking "New" large Advent speakers. I had these speakers in the closet for a month and were given to me from a passing neighbor {daughter} that had a note from her dad...
  23. jbl64

I'm no expert so i do not know what actually causes "dry" rot on woofers. I'm from Arizona as well as my "late" neighbor was. He always kept his house in cool condition. So don't know if climate conditions and age has anything to do with dry rotting?.
  24. jbl64

Thanks for the info. They do match the years you said as indicated on the url page. Mine has the smooth edges as in the photos. My neighbor mostly listened to big bands music as i also got the CDS and vintage JVC {1980} reciever/amp that he used. JVC-RS77 model. The woofers are tight and clean...
  25. jbl64

Can someone shed light here. I have had these speakers for a few months. These were given to me from a longtime neighbor who passed away recently. Any clue how old are they?. They appear to have the original speakers and no signs of foam rot. Sorry about the low lighting. All i know about these...
Back
Top Bottom