Search results

1. jasonsong86

Headshell bayonet problem

I wonder if there is a set screw on the arm so you can rotate the connection on the arm end?
  2. jasonsong86

Nakamichi Dragon Turntable Cartridge suggestions?

Holy shit, I wish I have the wallet thickness to casually pick up a Dragon.
  3. jasonsong86

AT450 Cartridge

Very nice. I have yet tried to use this cartridge because all of my turntables have very heavy S arms. The only time I tried it on my SL1200, it sounded incredible. Just crystal clear airy sound.
  4. jasonsong86

Longevity...who wins, Digital or Vinyl?

I've had 10 year old CDs reflective layer being eaten by aluminum eating fungus.
  5. jasonsong86

Can the diamond fall of a needle?

Yes. Especially if its a bonded one.
  6. jasonsong86

Best semi-automatic turntable?

What's hard to understand what I said? It's hard to find a good semi auto table because most semi auto ones were made for entry level market. You either go full auto or full manual. Yes you can get a lifter but OP wants a new table seems like.
  7. jasonsong86

Stylus body issue?

Check your tracking force. P mount carts should track around 1.25g. Cantilever is the rod where the diamond is mounted on.
  8. jasonsong86

Best semi-automatic turntable?

Good turntables are either fully auto or fully manual Semi-auto's are usually for the cheaper market for reduced features.
  9. jasonsong86

Stylus cleaning....I'm at a loss

It was what's called total reflection inside the diamond.
  10. jasonsong86

Yamaha Adventage RX-A 840 Question

On my A830, you have to turn on Extra Bass function to have subwoofer always on if the fronts are set to large.
  11. jasonsong86

Bose Lifestyle makign a "thumping" sound...

Bad caps in the circuit? It's in a feedback loop.
  12. jasonsong86

My room has no bass, even with AR-3a's!

I have same issue with my living room. It's just the room.
  13. jasonsong86

Newbie Looking for TT in $300-$500+ range

What's with wood look?
  14. jasonsong86

Groovewasher........

Looks like the remake of the Discwasher.
  15. jasonsong86

Newbie Looking for TT in $300-$500+ range

300-500? SL-1200 for sure.
  16. jasonsong86

Gremlin in my TT Sony PS-X600. Help!

When it settle down in the middle, is it happening when cuing? Does the middle position look like where the 45's would start? Most of the time it's the sensor by the disc with slots at the base of the arm inside the turntable that tells the computer where to put the arm down not working...
  17. jasonsong86

What Does This Tell Me

Tapping is different from audio resonance. Just because you can hear tap doesn't mean it will resonate when playing music. Just because you don't hear tap doesn't mean it won't resonate when playing music.
  18. jasonsong86

Cart Alignment Question

Errrm, no. You can't use just the inner. The whole point of having two null points is to set overhang correctly when you are lined up on both null points. If you just use the inner, you will have an incorrect overhang which causes increased tracking error.
  19. jasonsong86

Which is better for springy floors.. Suspension or no suspension?

Suspension with damper or no suspension. You don't want just springs with no damper on springy floor.
  20. jasonsong86

Technics SL-1200G announced.

Just gonna keep my M3D. Not really gaining anything.
  21. jasonsong86

Ltd. edition SL-1200 coming this year!!

It does. You press 33 and 45 together to get 78.
  22. jasonsong86

Technics SL-1200G announced.

The price on these are gonna be ridiculous. I am suspecting $1199 for the regular version and $1599 for the limited version.
  23. jasonsong86

ART DJ Pre compared to ...

He is asking what kind of cartridge are you using with the pre-amp. Is it adjusted properly?
  24. jasonsong86

Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation Turntable

Would it be nice if this is real? Nice MK3. I am glad they set the scene at a record shop and used an SL-1200.
  25. jasonsong86

Speaker wire through magnets on speaker stands

Well, any current in a magnetic field is gonna create force. The magnetic field created by the wires can also interfere with the magnetic field of the magnet. Think of a coil. However, that is very small amount of wire in the magnetic field also there are two opposite current flowing next to...
Back
Top Bottom