Search results

1. Mark_71

Belated Introduction & Thank You - Signing Off

I never did a proper introduction. My friend said it was never too late, but my shyness, even in anonymous groups, gets the better of me. Like many here, I do no social media, but I’ve been an avid reader of this forum for years and eventually a paid subscriber, something I highly recommend if...
  2. Mark_71

Tandberg TCD 310 Cassette Deck - Refurbed and working

Tandberg TCD 310 I finally got my Tandberg TCD 310 cassette deck in perfect working order. I ordered it off eBay for $200 and just stored it away for a rainy day. A bit expensive for this Tandberg model, but it it was in near mint condition with the original box, original paperwork, and even...
  3. Mark_71

Cambridge Audio Azur 651p Pre-Amp Not Working

I have a Technics SA-700 receiver and normally I use the built-in phono stage. It's always worked well, in fact, the built-in phono input has worked on all my old vintage gear. But I've always been curious about what an external pre-amp would sound like. I tried this once before. I already had...
  4. Mark_71

How much oil for reel to reel motors? (TEAC)

How much oil for TEAC A-1250 reel to reel motors? I doubt this machine has been used for decades. I just got it, no history on it, it doesn't appear to have been services based on the dust. Each motor has two oil dropper tubes sticking out the top. The instruction manual recommends 1 CC of...
  5. Mark_71

My new TEAC A-1250 S - Dirtiest machine ever! (RESTORED PICS)

I have never owned a R2R and hadn't planned on getting one. But I love tape and have many quality cassette decks, most I've serviced and fixed myself. Some recent health issues made me need a new project to keep my mind busy, so there was my excuse. The owner of a record store offered me my...
  6. Mark_71

Opinion on Spendor SP-1, British Sound?

What do you make of vintage Spendor SP-1? (Original owner, purchased in 1992, near mint, everything original) Here's my dilemma. I've never owned enough speakers to make a good comparison so looking for opinions. I owned cheap Bose 2.2's and now have JBL L20T's. Space has always been an issue...
  7. Mark_71

SONY Speaker w/ single cable (not RCAs)

I wish I took a picture of these and I don't recall the model, but I saw a pair of large floor standing SONY speakers at a thrift store today. They were in great shape, but when I flipped them around to look at the specs, I noticed instead of having two jacks, it had one single thin cable...
  8. Mark_71

Repairing and Reinforcing Technics Dustcover Hinge Tongues (Step by Step)

I started a thread a while back on refurbishing a Technics SL-D202. This part of the project probably deserves its own thread. It was missing the dustcover so I purchased a new aftermarket cover on eBay for $89. The new cover was all acrylic - even the hinge tongues, which are the “L” shaped...
  9. Mark_71

Technics SL-D202 refurb project

Technics SL-D202 Refurb Project Update - Soliciting Ideas? Objective: Find a good turntable to be an upgrade project to improve my skills and in the process see what really makes a difference. I've been looking to sharpen my soldering and re-wiring skills. I just took a soldering class. I'm...
  10. Mark_71

Can Technics SA-700 receiver support Technics SB-S35 speakers (4Ω)

I need your expertise on this one. It should be a simple answer, but I'm just very worried about damaging a really nice Technics SA-700 receiver. I just don't understand this receiver to speaker ohms / impedance thing and I want to make sure I do no harm to the receiver. The Technics SA-700...
Back
Top Bottom