Search results

1. P

What model of Luxman Integrated amp would you recommend?

I can recommend the l-100
  2. P

What makes Micro Seiki TT's so desirable?

for those interested in micro seiki produced oem for other brands, have this german guy made a quite impressive list here (Google translated to English). https://translate.google.dk/translate?hl=da&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.luckyx02.de/micro-seiki-oem-liste/
  3. P

Turntable Platter Wobbling Issue

WOW ;)
  4. P

Luxman M-4000u

as i am on the lookout for a m-4000 i am quite interested in the subject - but a Little confused by the l-100u example i own that following the logic so far should noy be switchable to 240v but actually is. so asking for your patience with my ignorance - from where do we know this ? from...
  5. P

Luxman M-4000u

only way to find out is to open and inspect - but actually all my luxmans : 1969 sq-507&sq-503 , 1971 sq507x, 1973 l-507 and two 1975 l-100`s one a l-100u and one an European model are all Switchable voltage
  6. P

Luxman M-4000u

made for the usa, but probably Switchable voltage - i have a luxman l-100u from same year and series, it has a Switchable voltage transformer.
  7. P

Did Luxman ever use death glue?

wel wel, so much for airy speculations :crazy: - must admit that i stand more than corrected :thumbsup:
  8. P

https://books.google.dk/books?id=QdGJlyCb7UsC&pg=PA271&lpg=PA271&dq=why+glue+on+capacitors&source=bl&ots=MrKsTY3-2m&sig=S0N8fxHMSAgMAPEC9QuIDwb79a4&hl=da&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZjYnVyPPYAhUCWCwKHWB-DzU4ChDoAQhcMAY#v=onepage&q=why%20glue%20on%20capacitors&f=true
  9. P

Maybe we just have to ask usselves what purpose the glue has and if the manufactors would have used anything corrosive for this purpose? i do not think it is there as a nessesary part of the assembly in the productionline - there are surely better ways to fix the components to the boards than...
  10. P

Luxman C1010 Recap

I will look forward to that with great interest - such comparisons are difficult to come by - and almost impossible to make on your own, short of buying the amps . i am a long time appreciator of Luxman , its actually the only manufactors i have own amps by; sq-503 sq-505 sq-507x l-507 and a...
  11. P

Luxman C1010 Recap

i have often wondered how the l-100 compare to the c-1000/m-2000 combo sound quality wise - as you have both maybe you could enlighten me to the similarities- differences between the two setups - if you dont mind the sidestep from your thread? regards paul
  12. P

Help with Luxman C1010 EQ/Tone Settings?

the L100 have the same tone regulation setup - download the l-100 user manual - it explaines the kontrols in detail much better than i can do here ;-) it is by the way a system that are typical for luxman and dates back at least to the sq 500 series starting around 1969 , in my view a very nice...
  13. P

De-smoke audio equipment ?

Never do this to your Audio or Stereo Gear !!!
  14. P

Luxman L100u int amp no output and is this the right int for me?

The power on delay on the l-100 is supposed to take 10-15 seconds, the delay is controlled via a capacitor on the power supply board as far as i recall. a full minute is far to long - i suggest that you check the capacitors on the ps board plus the relay on same board. the delay mechanism is...
  15. P

(Seiki) Micro MR-111 in need of stylus or cartridge

looks to me like a micro seiki vf-3200 series cartridge and could very well be original fitting. https://www.vinylengine.com/library/micro-seiki/vf-3200.shtml a very good and nice sounding cartridge. alas there are no longer original stylus available but there are some aftermarket stylus to...
  16. P

Lenco L78?

keep your tecnics and buy a lenco, they are rather cheap - try it out and keep what ever you like the most over time. There might be a load of fun and usefull experienceses to be had playing around with updating and modding the lenco
  17. P

Bose 601 Series II / Sansui au9900

To asume that it "seems that the assembly line people took whatever was in the bin beside them when building the Xover" seem to me a rather shallow and naive asumption . - most gear are subject to changes over a production run - some more positive name for this phenomena could be - resarch &...
  18. P

go to hfe and download the user manual - the attenuator controll is shown there as number 18 in the illustration of the front controls. also try headphones to see if you get volume there paul
  19. P

the L-100 is my personal favorite Integrated amp, period.. so much that i have bought a second piece as backup if the first should faulter. so in my opinion it is more than worth restoring though it seems to be rather underrated compaired with the later tol luxman Integrateds - i think this...
  20. P

Y'know, the racquetball trick really works!

https://sites.google.com/site/squashballmaterials/
  21. P

Finding old transistor datasheets in printed manuals like the RCA Power Transistors manual

it would be very helpfull to us all if manuals like these were to be scanned and shared with us all. a tall order - maybe just wishfull thinking ;-)
  22. P

Found some minty 601s

the cloth are not necesary sunfaded - they were made with a running colour change in the weawing from dark to lighter colour from the factory - i have a pair of mint examples and a pair of lesser condition - and actally had a pair from new in the eighties and they came like that from the box so...
  23. P

Newest Carver Amazing Line Source

Maybe i am over sensitive but this thread leaves me with a rather strange taste in my mouth.
  24. P

Luxman L-100 help needed

It seems that this post has been slightly overlooked. It seems like an interesting problem. Unfortunately, I'm sadly not qualified to give advise on this subject, but maybe others have an idea of what could be the cause of this ? so i post this to bring it back in cirkulation - hope thats ok ?
  25. P

Cue lever or Hand drop

montycat the force compressing the suspension on the cartridge is not solely determined by the mass dropped but also the speed from which the meeting between needle and vinyl happens at. the faster the needle meets the vinyl the bigger force. as in a car crash. another thing is the sideways...
Back
Top Bottom