Search results

1. R

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Been a while since my last post about decent deals . Big score first , Found a Harmon Kardon reciever avr 235 in a local thrift , original carton and remote for 25 dollars . I thought it was an empty box for that price . Tested it out in the store and grabbed it ..Also found a pair of lafayette...
  2. R

got a pair of pioneer s-hf10 speakers at the local goodwill today for 60 dollars , Last sundays finds were a pair of cs77 pioneers for 15 dollars and a pair of yamaha bookshelfs for 20 dollars ..
  3. R

lets play''show us ya vintage heavy weight size system''

This may be the reason there is not to much available on the used market ...
  4. R

Klipsch prices

So , is there a guide i can look up as far as for used prices of Klipsch speakers ? Like a bluebook for them ? I am debating buying a pair of used lascalas and have seen them from 1400 a set to 3000 ...Any help would be appreciated ...Thanks in advance guys and gals ...
  5. R

I should have known better

Man , That sucks ..Sorry for your misfortune ...
  6. R

USPS apparently can't read...

I get packages like that all day , everyday for my job ..Usually its UPS though that destroys them ...
  7. R

Let's hear from the new people

51 here .. First real stereo system was purchaced in Germany (77-82) at the audio photo club and the PX as a dependent ...
  8. R

I saw a B & O turntable today at the woodbridge Savers . It was in rough shape . no cartdridge , Dust cover was loose and scratched and looked like masking tape stuck to the platter and deck ..It would be a good parts table for someone though and was priced at 6.99 ....
  9. R

Good cheap CD player

I buy used stuff . Picked up a sony dvp-ns300 over the weekend for 10 bucks at the local Salvation army ..At that price it is a no brainer i guess..Dont know where i am going to use it yet though ...LOL
  10. R

Hi From Virgina

Welcome to AK forums Becky from another AK newbie also in Va.....NoVa ..Folks here are very nice and willing to help ya from what i have seen ..
  11. R

Loud Music Sucks!

In the early 90s i had 3 old nakamichi amps in a ford ranger regular cab with a alpine head unit . ADS components were run off a PA202 , Blaupunkt 6x9s were run off a PA204 and two Rockford fosgate 808s in a bandpass box were run off a PA404 in series ..It was so loud your hair would vibrate and...
  12. R

Land rovers

The dependability of a D2 is OK i guess . My only car as we speak . If you decide to bite the bullet and get one , stay clear of the 03 trucks . They had oil pump issues . There are threads on the internet about them ..Also , if you can turn wrenches by yourself , they are pretty much just...
  13. R

Land rovers

Love the old series trucks , would love seeing pics of his ..
  14. R

Land rovers

From what i have found out , Defenders continue to gain value ..Buy one now for 20K , drive it for a couple years and sell it for 30K ..
  15. R

mini licence/name plates

I have seen them at the beach tourist shops .. And of course amazon has them http://www.amazon.com/BRANDON-LICENSE-PLATE-AVAILABLE-SEARCH/dp/B0020CPL0K
  16. R

You guys find all the good deals ...Nothing at all here in NoVa..Went to two salvation army stores , a goodwill , couple of private shops and nothing ..Did find some cables at one of the private shops though and a sony blueray player new in box with remote ..Got the sony for 30 dollars ...And...
  17. R

Land rovers

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x464/Richbyers/187_zps9a58f7cf.jpg Anyone else into Rovers ? Heres a pic of mine coming down off a big rock near charlottsville Va. at a place called shoe creek ..Real fun wheeling ..
  18. R

Another newbie

Thanks for all the welcomes fellas ...
  19. R

klipsch

I have a pair of Kg4.2 . Pawn shop find . 200 a pair A set of Klipsch Tangents boolshelf , 100 from a pawn shop And a sw8 , 2 from a yard sale for 20 dollars Wanna set of Klipschorns but are going to settle for a set of used Lascalas
  20. R

My Broke SX-1980 isn’t as scary as I first thought.

Man , I sold these in the 80s .....wanna sell it ? Mine got jacked by movers when i came home from Germany ..
  21. R

Another newbie

Evening all , Rich here ..Rekiendeling my stereo addiction ..I sold stereos while in Germany in the early 80s at the Audio photo club ..I dident have much of one then , Could not afford a whole lot with what they were paying me ..After loosing it to the movers coming back to the states i had to...
Back
Top Bottom