Search results

1. B

Stevie Wonder's Talking Book

I've had this album for many years. Never heard the MoFi, or the Japanese, but I do have a random motown pressing from the early 80's that I've always liked. Sometimes Mofi's stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Think I'll give 80's press a spin and throw on some headphones and give it...
  2. B

Great Lakes Turntable Pilsner

I have to say I am VERY intrigued by this. :beerchug:
  3. B

Flattening a warped record

I'm for leaving it as well. You can always find another copy down the road. And there are many AKers around here who could probably hook you up with a spare copy.
  4. B

Vinyl only spin list

I need to get this!!
  5. B

David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock (First Listen!)

Anybody grab the vinyl version yet?
  6. B

Realistic STA-120B Receiver

Fun thread. Picked up one of these, off the bay last week. I'm using it now. Cleaned the volume faders and switches. Maybe it's the speakers I use (Yamaha NS-A635A bookshelfs) but I'm noticing that a lot of the bass kicks out when I turn OFF the loudness switch. Some of it can be rectified by...
  7. B

Pioneer PL-15DII troubles

LP Gear is good and so is Turntableneedles.com Both have good reputations.
  8. B

Unnecessary upgrade... yet...

IMHO, it's what sounds good to your ears. What I like in terms of characteristics of a cart, may not be to your liking and vice versa. What are you using for speakers and an amp? That makes a difference too. I don't have much in the way of experience with the "Nag" carts, but I have found that...
  9. B

Hitachi HT-324 vs. Realistic LAB-340

Hey there! Welcome to AK! The nice thing about the Hitachi is that it has an S shaped tonearm with a removable headshell. This allows you to switch out and experiment with different cartridges on that turntable. I also like the build quality of the HT 324 over the Lab 340. Don't get me wrong...
  10. B

Van Halen Releasing First Live Album With David Lee Roth

I agree! I'm watching several versions of the show on youtube. I get the impression they had the amps cranked to 11 or possibly louder. Somebody in the audience recorded the show and all you hear is distortion. When you can't hear yourself, and then end up injuring yourself, the only thing that...
  11. B

Shure M75MG cartridge... good for?

Same here. I love this cart! Very warm sounding and tracks like a champ!
  12. B

Realistic Clarinette 119 Stereo

I love rat shack. I agree that quality could vary at times, especially towards the end of their hi-fi days, but looking through those catalogs could keep me occupied for days!
  13. B

EVG styli

I order from this seller all the time! I have yet to be disappointed.
  14. B

Warner Bros. Loss Leaders

I've been looking for a copy of the warner "Heavy Metal" comp. This was another one that I grew up. Been hoping to find one at the SA for quite awhile now. I could probably look on fleabay but I would probably pay more than its really worth.
  15. B

Warner Bros. Loss Leaders

I picked up the 4 records set of Superstars of the 70's at my local SA a few weeks ago. The sleeves were shot but the records were in good shape. Much of my introduction to the world of classic rock came from this warner comp. Good stuff!
  16. B

What happens when Pandora starts to think on its own?

lol.....and that is the reason why I don't like Pandora. I put on one of their kids stations for my son (He's 3), and the next thing I know it has Eminem playing on it! I was not happy! Haven't used it since!
  17. B

pl12d skipping problem update.

First thing to do is make sure that the counterweight isn't misalligned and rubbing up against the back of the TT. The second thing is to manually move to the tonearm back and forth and check to make sure that it moves with one smooth motion. This will indicate whether or not you are having a...
  18. B

Resonance: Live in Basel Switzerland

Usually, it will tell you when you read the description. Amazon has them Soundstage Direct has them. Doing a google search works too.
  19. B

Resonance: Live in Basel Switzerland

Hey there! To my knowledge, there aren't many.....if any, audiophile pressings of any of the Asia albums. To that extent, I can't comment on this album because I haven't heard it yet. Are you looking for it on Amazon by any chance?
  20. B

led zeppelin

I'm like that when it comes to pressings of Zep II.......I gave it up a long time ago and found that the 1993 CD remaster sounds better than the vinyl.
  21. B

Cleaning Records

HAHAHAHA......I second the Tesla Coil method!! :D
  22. B

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Very cool! I love this album!! :thmbsp:
  23. B

Target stores now carrying vinyl

Just had a vinyl citing at our Target here on Long Island........picked up 180g copies of Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper. Wanted Revolver but they were out! Passed on WYWH as my original is in decent shape and wasn't looking for another. It figures.....lol......I was only in there to buy milk! :)...
Back
Top Bottom