Search results

1. WhiteNoize

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

We live in the city but have a quarter-acre lot. pretty good-sized backyard. My dog is in and out all day. He comes in and out as he pleases. Our cat is indoors only. he has never been outside unless in a crate to go to the vet.
  2. WhiteNoize

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

A little off-topic but since it's being discussed, I was collecting records since the mid 70's due to a Father that was a big collector. By the time I was in my early twenties (late 90's) I had a fairly large collection. Now I was leaving the state for a year and asked my Father to hold on to my...
  3. WhiteNoize

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

4. WhiteNoize

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

A little smooth jazz on the HD 660S powered by the Abraxas Audio OTL by Jeff Larson. Such a beautiful sounding amp.
  5. WhiteNoize

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Poppy - Her L700 mkII
  6. WhiteNoize

How many tubes do you own?

50 tubes or so.
  7. WhiteNoize

Minimum Wage

Here in California, it is $13 to $14 depending on how many employees the company has. 25 or less is $13, 26 or more is $14. The last time I made min. wage was maybe over 30 years ago? My only wish is as min. wage increases (which it should!!) all other pay scales increase as well.
  8. WhiteNoize

Bottom-Feeder 'Phones - The Cheaphone Thread

When I think cheap but good sq, Koss Porta Pro, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, and Sony MDR-7506 spring to mind. Also Grado SR80. Like Sony, are priced above $100 but compared to the crazy high prices for "audiophile" headphones, these are cheap and can be picked up used even cheaper.
  9. WhiteNoize

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Phoenix - 1901
  10. WhiteNoize

Vintage L112 vs New L100

He already owns them.
  11. WhiteNoize

Anyone considering the new Ford Maverick?

I have nothing against new trucks. Hell, I'd own one if I had the extra cash but I love classic cars and trucks, the build quality, and simplicity. My 65 F100 sits three upfront, can tow just about anything with its dealer-installed tow package, is super dependable and though it hasn't had...
  12. WhiteNoize

Does anyone use the laptop cd player to play cd's?

I have a few CD players for my home audio systems but if I want to listen to a cd on my PC, I bought an external bluray player by Pioneer and it works great. I mostly use it for ripping to the PC but it works great for listening too. Gene says you should be fine.
  13. WhiteNoize

What's your latest audio purchase?

Does free equal latest purchase? I received some low end gear recently from a friend that had them in storage since 2001. He only had everything up and running for a little over a year before moving to a condo and shared walls. He put everything in storage and there it all sat until a couple of...
  14. WhiteNoize

Anyone considering the new Ford Maverick?

No, THIS is a lot of mulch! I had to drive very slowly. :) That said, The new Ford Maverick is a neat little truck but much too small to be a real truck IMO and that name....it kills me inside. Being a Ford guy I just don't get why Ford took a car name and made it into a truck. Other than...
  15. WhiteNoize

Reasons NOT to buy a turntable!

I agree with Steve! Unless your passion for sounds drives you into it, for the experience, then why bother if you would be starting now? I started in the 70's and I still find digital to be the way to go 75% of the time. That other 25% though is when I'm sitting down and just really enjoying the...
  16. WhiteNoize

What was the last movie you watched?

Friday.
  17. WhiteNoize

Is there a piece of equipment that you absolutely swear by?

For me, it would be a toss-up but ultimately I would lose my shit without my gnp valkyrie speakers. I have several pieces that I feel could not be replaced but these speakers.... speak volumes to my love for music.
  18. WhiteNoize

iPhone users and their endless pursuit of "upgrades"

iPhone users? LOL, the same goes for Android users, and Intel users and AMD users, and Nvidia users, and the list goes on and on and on for any number of different devices and gadgets. Who the *&^% cares what other people do? I tend to mind my own business and worry about me and mine.
  19. WhiteNoize

What to spend 1000 on?

Not sure really. If it were my money and that was my system, and I didn't spin records often, I'd look at going power amp and preamp. If I were happy with the SQ of that system then I'd replace the TT and be done. I'd spend most of the money for a good vintage TT with a quality cart. With the...
  20. WhiteNoize

Did you go to the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival?

Nope. I wasn't born until 1972 but my Mom was there!
  21. WhiteNoize

Average Price Of Your Current Interconnects?

I make my own so, $2 a foot + $3.60 for two connectors. Most of my cables are 2 feet long.
  22. WhiteNoize

What are some good subwoofers for music?

I'm a big Hsu Research fan.
Back
Top Bottom