Search results

1. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Hey thanks for the info. I haven't sent it back yet. Besides the buzz it does sound very good with my sansui SD 3500 speakers. Been playing it all day. Can't stop listening to it. I'm hooked. Did you see the pic I posted with the ding on the right side. Might have it exchanged because of that.
  2. bartkess

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Missing a knob Sansui SD 7000
  3. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

I might have it exchanged. it also has a small ding on the right side. here's a pic.
  4. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Thanks for the help Brice. I think I'm going to return it. The buzzing seems to be getting louder.
  5. bartkess

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Pioneer RT 707
  6. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

I have the amp on the top shelf of my audio rack. the amp is at ear level. I hear the buzzing when i have to adjust the volume. So its probably normal.
  7. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

playing through the Gemtune BL-02
  8. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Thanks I might try that.
  9. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Not a very loud buzz. If I stand close to the amp I can hear it. I think its coming from the tubes its hard to tell. Thanks
  10. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

The buzzing is coming from the amp. Not from the speakers.
  11. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Is it normal for tube amps to make a buzzing noise?
  12. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Here is a pic.
  13. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

The GemTune BL -02 has arrived. It looks nicer than the pictures. And sounds good out of the box. I'm sure it will sound better after the tubes burn in. I have it paired with my clearaudio concept TT with ortofon Quintet blue, pro-ject tube box ds, listening through my sansui's sp 3500.
  14. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Thanks it is being delivered tomorrow.
  15. bartkess

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

Will this amp qualify ? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRUDO7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Its pretty much the same amp. Only it says Gemtune on the front.
  16. bartkess

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS Settings for Ortofon Quintet Blue

hey thanks for your quick response. I have sent it the way you suggested and it sounds awesome. thanks again.
  17. bartkess

Pro-Ject Tube Box DS Settings for Ortofon Quintet Blue

Hi all. I have mounted the Ortofon Quintet Blue Moving Coil Phono Cartridge on my clearaudio concept TT. I have the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. I would like to know the proper jumper settings and what to set the front dial to. Thanks.
  18. bartkess

Clearaudio Concept or Marantz TT-15S1?

I have owned both tables. I got the marantz first. It's a really nice looking table. And sounded pretty good. But if you are a smoker it will show the effect. I then bought the clearaudio concept from needledoctor.com. I bought the mm version. To my ears the concept sounds better. One thing for...
Back
Top Bottom