Search results

1. Wvnyc@Ct

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

The word that sticks out for me on this amp more than other superlatives is “speed”. It’s the fastest amp I’ve ever heard and you really notice it on EDM-type music (which I don’t often listen to) but still. Put on some Zedd or Skrillex and you’ll really notice it. Or, try Depeche Mode (not...
  2. Wvnyc@Ct

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I suspect they will rolling out an upgrade to the 452 soon. With the new fangled heat sinks and possibly cup holder. Will it be a 552 or an MC500 mkII? Time will tell...
  3. Wvnyc@Ct

Mc402 Vs. Mc452

I have 5 different Mcintosh amplifiers. I won’t bore you with which ones they are but I will say if I ever had to liquidate them the one product I would keep would be the MC452. For me it is the perfect amp in all the ways several folks have mentioned here.
  4. Wvnyc@Ct

ma5200 noise when unit is turned on...is this normal?

You got that right. My 207 almost sounds like an AC unit starting up. It’s a massive power supply....
  5. Wvnyc@Ct

MC452 VS MA9000

As others have said, I would get a 452 and anchor your system around it. It sounds amazing and will be a lifetime purchase.
  6. Wvnyc@Ct

So what's coming next from McIntosh? ....

There are lots they can do with those new monogrammed heat sinks. Suspect they will be updating the entire MC line now systematically.
  7. Wvnyc@Ct

Multi-Speaker outputs a thing of the past?

In my bedroom we have two sets of 8 ohm speakers running on a single amp (mc122). Hence a 4 ohm load. Sounds great works great.
  8. Wvnyc@Ct

Are the MC2301 amps due for an update next?

Not sure how you improve on that one.
  9. Wvnyc@Ct

Multi-Speaker outputs a thing of the past?

Multi speaker output is the biggest reason my MA6500 is staying in my collection. It could be upgraded to so many newer integrateds but this feature makes it so much more versatile. Despite the bulbs burning out every odd two years or so.....
  10. Wvnyc@Ct

MA2275-why is this amp appear to be going down in value??

I think I'll hold on to mine.
  11. Wvnyc@Ct

MA2275-why is this amp appear to be going down in value??

It is the only "modern" integrated tube amp available and it has a limited run. Thoughts anyone?
  12. Wvnyc@Ct

MA6500 vs. MA6600 or MAC6700 : Please describe sonic differences

Another feature I like on the MA6500 is the second pair of speaker outputs.
  13. Wvnyc@Ct

MA6500 vs. MA6600 or MAC6700 : Please describe sonic differences

The MA6500 was my first Mac piece. I have the fortune of having Mac amps with autoformers and without autoformers. They all sound incredible. The MA6500 is somewhat hard to find and there must be a good reason for that....
  14. Wvnyc@Ct

In Search of Small Mcintosh Amp

The MC122 came after the 7100. Early 90's. It is rated at 80WPC at 8ohms. Direct coupled no autoformers. Very small form factor but It sounds like a McIntosh.
  15. Wvnyc@Ct

In Search of Small Mcintosh Amp

MC122 is a nice little amp
  16. Wvnyc@Ct

MX 160 or MX122 or nothing?

Returning as the OP of this thread, after over a year of use, I remain a fully satisfied customer of the MX122. Once I set it up initially and dialed in all the surround speakers, I have never had to touch it. Updates from McIntosh come to the unit automatically and install without a hitch. It...
  17. Wvnyc@Ct

Help to settle a query between my wife and I, MX 160 VS MX122.

I made the same choice and am 100 percent satisfied with the MX-122 for both surround and 2-channel use.
  18. Wvnyc@Ct

Dust buildup on the Mac Stack

does anyone here pay attention to dust collection on their gear. I took a look at my rack behind the wall and noticed a lot of dust collection. Should I consider an air filtering machine behind the wall? I am not moving this stuff for 15 years or so..
  19. Wvnyc@Ct

Where can I audition Cornwalls near NYC?

I live in Westport CT and have a pair.
  20. Wvnyc@Ct

MA2275 tube integrated....replacement anytime soon?

As an owner I can tell you the 2275 is money with Klipsch. Whatever it's circuits are all valve or some transistor I don't care. To the original post: they should reissue it and people will buy it.
  21. Wvnyc@Ct

Good question. I have wonders why mine has less tubes than my MC275 but has all the preamplification functionality. But yet "uses tubes in all audio circuits"
  22. Wvnyc@Ct

I'd really like to see them reintroduce it. That way I can be the proud owner of a MA2275V1 edition:). As excellent and revered that McIntosh is at tube preamplification and amplification and given their strong comittment to integrated units, it does seem missing from its product line. I sure...
  23. Wvnyc@Ct

LOVING the c1100!!!

I think those are some of the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen.
Back
Top Bottom