Search results

1. CRamsey

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

That's so disappointing. I know the feeling. I had the same problem with my JBL L80t3s, same crappy packing job. I patched up the corners and still have them.
  2. CRamsey

Marantz 2220b Sizzling?

Here is another "must have" for tuning up your 2220b: a spray can of DeOxit. I had the same sizzling issue on my 2275 and I cleared it up by cleaning the "pots" or switches behind the knobs on the faceplate. My problem was a dirty tone mode pot. I hope this makes sense.
  3. CRamsey

Marantz 2385 made new by Catrafter

I'm proud to say Catrafter did my 2265B and 2275 several years ago. I sold the 2265B and got a prime price in part because Catrafter did the restoration on it. Still have the 2275 and it is playing fantastically to this day! Love it!
  4. CRamsey

My 2275 has the same look. Black faceplate and all. I love it...
  5. CRamsey

What receiver for an integrated guy?

After going through a 2220B, 2238B, 2252B, and 2265B, I finally settled on a 2275, had it restored, and added the blue LEDs. It's awesome, looks great, and most importantly, sounds great. Put a nice wood case on it and you're done.
  6. CRamsey

Pics of your listening space

Hola, Senor Hovis...
  7. CRamsey

Black faceplate (repops)

I like it... Hey, I bought one from the guy on this site who makes them. He's selling them on the bay as well. They really are nice, quality pieces. The lettering is 99.9% right on (i found one thin spot, but not worth exchanging the thing for), the metal is the right thickness, and I...
  8. CRamsey

Marantz 2275 Black is Beautiful

Me too! I received mine from Tony as well. I'm lovin' it! My 2275 has a complete restoration from member Catrafter of Vintage Electronics Repair, Tony's black faceplate, and a custom WC22 case. I'm a happy camper now.
  9. CRamsey

2275 in Black Hi Guys, I just dressed up my 2275 with a new custom black faceplate bought from member TMZ2. I think it's awesome! This 2275 now has a complete restoration from Catrafter, a custom WC22 wood case, and finally the black faceplate. I'm done, this is as good as it gets for me...
  10. CRamsey

Marantz 2275 Black is Beautiful

Looks great!
  11. CRamsey

Where did you get the black faceplate? I'd like to find one for my 2275. Thanks
  12. CRamsey

Premium Classic Vintage

I still use my Altec Model One's too. They're from my very first system and still sound sweet.
  13. CRamsey

Do you remember the first album you bought?

Ides of March: Vehicle. Great song, but the rest of the album sucks. 1968
  14. CRamsey

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Eric Clapton, Just One Night, on JBL L80t3s.:yes:
  15. CRamsey

Spikes on an AR XA/XB? Anyone?

Have you looked over on http://www.vinylengine.com/ ? That site has a forum on AR turntables. Several have been customized with spikes. I have an XA, but no spikes on it. It's sounding great the way it is.
  16. CRamsey

Anyone see a tool like this???

They're usually made of metal though. Might not be good for poking around live circuits...
  17. CRamsey

2275 or 2245?

I'm thinking about buying a 2245. If you decide to sell it, let me know. I might go for it....
  18. CRamsey

Marantz go by-by

I feel your pain! I sold some of mine, too. Sold the 2265B, but have been able to keep the 2275. Hope I can hang on to it! Things will turn around and you'll be shopping again. Keep the faith...
  19. CRamsey

Marantz + what speakers???

My combo is a fully restored 2275 and JBL L80t3's. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of Altec Model 14's, but they've eluded me so far.:music:
  20. CRamsey

refinished AR4x's

Looks like your AR badge could use a little buffing as well. I just polished a couple of them up using super fine steel wool and then buffing with olive oil. Supposedly, the oil prevents tarnishing for a long time. Just thought I'd share that info.
  21. CRamsey

Agreed Yeah, I thought "Oooh" to my self on this one. Looks simple and sweet. Bet it sounds great.:music:
  22. CRamsey

Found a Mint Marantz 2275 ... now what?

Congrats! Sounds like you made a good score there. Just my opinion: I don't see the need to get it serviced right away. If everything is working and it sounds good, what's the rush? I have a 2275 and had it restored by Catrafter, and had the LEDs installed. It looks and sounds great. You could...
  23. CRamsey

TT Shelves? Mr. Sparkle, Did you make or buy those TT shelves? If you bought, what are they and how much did they cost? I need something like that. Thanks, CR
  24. CRamsey

Do I NEED a phono preamp???

What he said^ I blew an output transistor doing what he said not to....:nono:
  25. CRamsey

Marantz 2220B: Speaker/Turntable recos?

The 2220B was my first receiver, sounded great with my Altec Model 1's. Probably not the best choice considering all the options, but I sure got my use out of them. Still have both the Marantz and Altecs.
Back
Top Bottom