Search results

1. CRamsey

Dumb Mistake: Plugged phono preamp into phono jack = Poof!!!

Well, I got impatient and screwed up. I just received a Cambridge phono pre-amp and in my rush, plugged it into the phono input on the back of my 2226B. I fried something. I blew the 5 amp fuse. After replacing the fuse and powering up (3 times), the fuses continue to blow. :tears: Anyone have...
  2. CRamsey

2275 got anything over 2265B? Opinions Please.

Hello All, I have a sweet 2265B that I really enjoy. Everything works, it's in excellent condition, and sounds great through my JBL L80t3s. I rarely crank it past 10 o'clock. I've been bitten by the "really want it" bug and have been Jones-ing for a mint 2275. I've been scouring the threads...
  3. CRamsey

Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison

I pulled out the above album for a rare listen tonight. I was baffled when I saw that side one had a "Johnny Cash at San Quentin" label on it. The recording is "Live at Folsom Prison", side one, but it's mislabeled. Side two is correctly labeled "Live at Folsom Prison" It's just kind of weird...
  4. CRamsey

Repairing scratches on faceplate?

Hi Guys, Has anyone found a good way to minimize the appearance of scratches on these brushed aluminum faceplates? I have a few scratches around my headphone jack I'd like to fix. It seems like I could use an emory board or sandpaper and carefully pull along the grain of the faceplate and...
  5. CRamsey

Getting a "POP" when turning off?

Hi Guys, I just received a 2252B off eBay. It looks good and sounds great. I opened it up and can see that the bulbs have been replaced. All the controls are quiet and seem to work fine. My only concern at this point is that when I turn it off, I get a "pop" through the speakers when I...
  6. CRamsey

Marantz 2238B pushing 4 Altecs?

Hello Everyone, This is cross posted in the speaker forum. Getting no responses there, SO: I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post! I've been reviving my interest in vintage gear. I currently have a Marantz 2238B (and 2220B) and a pair of Altec Model One speakers, which have...
  7. CRamsey

4 Altecs powered by Marantz 2238B?

Hello Everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post! I've been reviving my interest in vintage gear. I currently have a Marantz 2238B (and 2220B) and a pair of Altec Model One speakers, which have an 8" woofer and are rated at 12-75 watts. The 2238B drives the Model Ones...
Back
Top Bottom