Search results

1. By-Tor

Sony PS-X500 Turntable cover hinges weak.

Im not sure how to stiffen them up. Seems like you would need new springs. The good news is many tables used these hinges. Look up new hinges for the Linn LP12, those should be identical. Might have to dig around for the best price as some stores are price gouging.
  2. By-Tor

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Hmmm, but if you take the same exact ones from the past that some of us used at a later date, does that mean we never could've bought them in the first place? Or you just gonna "borrow" them from another timeline?
  3. By-Tor

To the best of my knowledge these are basically the same exact headshells that came stock on my Mitsubishi LT-22, but black instead of silver. The head shell material is mentioned in my Mitsubishi manual as GFRP, which after doing some research translates to Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer. Or as...
  4. By-Tor

Yes thats the one, fixed. The shield was floppy on mine so I removed it. Easier to align the cantilever without it anyways.
  5. By-Tor

Finally was able to try my Walco W-526STDE today. Wow, I'm quite impressed with it, especially considering it was only about $15. I do wonder if this stylus was tuned for the lower 999 series though, as it is just a tad recessed on the treble on my 999ve/x (which can be pleasing). Now I'm...
  6. By-Tor

Oops that should read .02-.04 variance
  7. By-Tor

6.5 grams with about *.02-.04* variance between my 3.
  8. By-Tor

Yes, although it depends on what material you want. If you search "Diatone head shell" (three words) on the bay, there is a supplier with some nos sealed headshells that were used on many different Mitsubishi tables (he only has the black version) for $16+shipping. I believe they are a...
  9. By-Tor

Technics P23 and Vivid Line Experiences?

Welp, after spending some time with this combo, it holds up really well. The only negative I can give it, is that it doesn't do great with worn records. It tends to pick up a lot of junk noise on my more "well-loved" thrift finds. My at440mlb, shure n97lt, and stereohedron, all do better in this...
  10. By-Tor

Help!! Mitsubishi LT-20 - horizontal tracking angle

Thanks for that info perryinva, that's some useful information. Although I don't think the service manual for the LT-20/22 ever mentions using a template. Perhaps it is specific to the LT-30. I'll look for those threads anyways as they sound interesting. I'm still trying to troubleshoot the...
  11. By-Tor

Okay, it took long enough, but it finally arrived this afternoon. First inspection of cantilever looks nice and straight, and diamond is seated in the correct position. I spent a good while dialing everything in on my Mitsu LT-22, and am currently listening to it as I type this. I first listened...
  12. By-Tor

Help!! Mitsubishi LT-20 - horizontal tracking angle

Thread resurrecting again, but it's worth it! I have noticed for a long time that the angle of my LT-22 tonearm always appeared visually crooked no matter my cart or stylus or alignment. So this evening I read through the manual and found the adjustment. It looked rather confusing, so I decided...
  13. By-Tor

Wow, it really does sound like they have manufacturing problems if that's the case. This time I'm going to listen to it immediately so I don't go out of the warranty period. If I get a dud, they are getting it back. One thing though, were you using it on a p-mount table or on a 1/2" adapter? I...
  14. By-Tor

Interesting. Yes, actually I do see some on the auction bay for about 40 smacks, so I wonder how those will do. They are even listed as nude ellipticals. I'm glad you liked yours, have you messed with your loading at all? I do wonder if there was something wrong with mine, I wish I still had...
  15. By-Tor

I had the Vivid Line and used it on both a Technics P22 and U25. I was unhappy with mine, very bright, brittle, and sibilant. However, I have been wondering recently if all the Vivid Lines have only one "voicing". It was bright on my low inductance Technics carts, with a standard 47k 150-250pf...
  16. By-Tor

Headshells, Leads & TA Wiring?

The cartridge I'm putting on it needs to be mounted all the ways back so it has the correct "overhang". That plus the length of the cartridge body, and the curve the wires have to make, means I need longer cables to physically reach the pins. I guess I could look into making them, but dealing...
  17. By-Tor

Headshells, Leads & TA Wiring?

Does anyone know where I can purchase longer than average headshell leads? It looks like I need a minimum of about 55mm of length. My Sony SH-151 headshell's leads have deteriorated and broken, and all of the other leads I have tried so far have all been way too short.
  18. By-Tor

Muffsy Pre PP4 input capacitor question from a beginner

I have the exact same problem. A fairly high pitched buzz also only in the left channel. I've been trying to find a solution for a while, but no luck. I didn't notice it at first because it was connected to my turntable that has a muting circuit. When I switched turntables it became apparent...
  19. By-Tor

I just picked one of these up myself for a good price so, did a search and found these posts. Good to hear it works well on the 999ve/x. I'm on the hunt for a body again so I can give it a try. Still have my NOS s999ve/x-erd also. I miss the old bird, and decided to get another :p I like the...
  20. By-Tor

Sounds good, but all you need is a couple of brewskis and a big comfy chair. Rush to Mozart? That's a side-grade at best IMHO. :D
  21. By-Tor

Myst type game online ?

No problem. Forgot about another obvious choice. Abe's Oddworld New 'n' Tasty! This game can be fairly difficult at times but it has a great atmosphere (humorous but also slightly creepy) and is a really good game with some cool puzzles to solve. Oh, and since you mentioned you wouldn't mind...
  22. By-Tor

Myst type game online ?

Not too easy to find multiplayer puzzle games. Single player is much more popular in this genre. Not only that, but some really good puzzle games also contain combat, perhaps taking them off the list for you. However, I can recommend at least one (But you probably have already played it.) Portal...
  23. By-Tor

I dig that blue black and gold color scheme. That's a looker IMO. I'm pretty ecstatic myself right now, because my Mitsubishi LT-22 has suddenly came alive! I don't know why or how, but I'm just enjoying it. I threw on my p-mount adapter so I can finally try out this empire cartridge. (My...
  24. By-Tor

Anyone Have a Sony PS-X500 Service Manual Handy?

Ok, this is just a follow up for anyone who may want to do the same adjustment. I should have posted this much sooner, but I had several health issues I've been dealing with the past several months. RV101 is the one you want. In my near blindness I missed the big Stylus F. Adj. above that pot...
  25. By-Tor

Well, it looks authentic to me, but that's only a part of the question. The other question is: Is it actually new as is claimed? I would probably message the seller and see if they would be able to verify it is in fact new and/or where it came from. The other issue is it's untested, but...
Back
Top Bottom