Search results

1. punprankster

Turntable repair

Thanks. I’ll check them out.
  2. punprankster

Turntable repair

Can anybody recommend a good turntable or general electronic repair shop in the New Jersey/Philadelphia area? My table is acting up a bit and from what I understand, it may be just some gunk that needs clean up. Unfortunately, I’m ham fisted and I don’t want to mess it up. TIA.
  3. punprankster

Turntable Repair Shops in New Jersey

Can anybody suggest a good turntable repair shop in New Jersey? My usual go to shop, Audiotronics in Cherry Hill is swamped and wouldn’t have the time to work on the tonearm of my Sony PS-X65. The tonearm does not always go to the start of the record when I press start although queuing the arm...
  4. punprankster

Can I post this?

Hell no! Keep em pics coming!
  5. punprankster

Can I post this?

Cliffnotes version:
  6. punprankster

Can I post this?

This made my day. If this is not allowed, please delete. I do think that this best expresses a lot of people’s sentiments here.
  7. punprankster

Denon DL-103R + Schiit Mani

Because I was getting frustrated with the sound already. I juat plugged it in hoping that something will sound right all of a sudden. Yeah, I know it's stupid but... The explanation about the impedance does make sense. I'll see if I can still return the Mani and try the Emotiva. Thanks.
  8. punprankster

I did. Still didn't sound good. I tried plugging it it in both the MM and Aux inputs.
  9. punprankster

No, Not yet. My AT-15 works well with my gear(s). I wanted to buy an MC preamp for my Denon cart.
  10. punprankster

Borrowed a Schiit Mani to use with my Denon DL-103R. I plugged the Mani into the phono input of my PAS-3 and was really disappointed. Tried it on my Kenwood Model 500 and had the same experience. The sound was muddy, the bass too boomy and the highs were hardly there. Tried changing the settings...
  11. punprankster

No takers

Yes they did. And I hope that they were protecting themselves anywhere they go. Thia infection, being so new, we don't really know much about it yet. We think we have an idea of how it is transmitted and how long it lives on surfaces but then the next day everything changes. In that light I...
  12. punprankster

No takers

Was busy working. The hospital where I work was swamped for a bit and I've been picking up extra time so I haven't been on AK for a while. I did not want to encourage anyone going out of their way just to pick this up. There is a stay at home order and curfew in effect in New Jersey and it...
  13. punprankster

No takers

South. In hindsight I probably should have. The cabs were in excellent condition although they could benefit from a new set of grilles.
  14. punprankster

No takers

I'm glad they are. This thing is very serious. I work in a hospital and our cases are starting to add up. The sooner we flatten the curve the sooner we'd get this thing licked. Stay safe.
  15. punprankster

No takers

I wouldn't want you driving over if you just lived in the next town. People driving by is different, but if it was me I'd probably hesitate to take anything left at the roadside too. Health is more important than any freebie. Stay safe.
  16. punprankster

No takers

I do have a subscription to BT(Actually just expired. Need to renew it). I just bought my daughter a car so I am trying to dispose of stuff in the garage to make space. Lord knows when this quarantine is going to end and I need it now. I don't want anybody going out of his house at this time...
  17. punprankster

No takers

Naaah...I always edit my pictures before I upload them. This one is no exception. You can check my other posts if you like. Here's the original pictue I took of the speakers, along with several others.
  18. punprankster

No takers

Sad to see these go to the dump but I'm decluttering the garage and they had to go. Normally I wouldn't see anything I put out at night in the morning after but these stayed out there until the garbage truck picked them up. Sad to see them go as KLH 6s were cosmetically still really good and...
  19. punprankster

Kenwood KD-750

Thanks. I've read a bit about it and noted that some owners have issues with it maintaining speed. I am considering replacing my PS-X65 with it,but don't k ow if it is worth doing so.
  20. punprankster

Grills on or off

Thanks guys. What I really would like to know though is if any of you actually heard a difference in the sound that your speakers produced, and not just whether you keep them on or off because of kids, pets or aesthetics. Like, have you ever done an A/B comparison and concluded that off does...
  21. punprankster

Kenwood KD-750

@Andre Garcia I already have a table. Two actually. I saw a Kenwood KD 750 at a dealer close to me. Guy said that the table can take different arms if the owner so wishes. It looked gorgeous. Gorgeous enough to make me want to trade one of my tables for seed money to get it.
  22. punprankster

Kenwood KD-750

Any of you guys have experience with this table? How does it compare with say, a Denon DP-59L or amy Sony PS-X65?
  23. punprankster

Grills on or off

Gahd that would give me a seizure lol.
  24. punprankster

Grills on or off

I'm just curious about the real world experiences of members who have compared and heard noticeable differences when they play music with and without the grill(e)s in place. I listen to music without the covers per conventional wisdom, but I'll be damned if I actually do hear any difference in...
Back
Top Bottom