Search results

1. mstng281

Marantz PM8004

I bought a PM8004 about 6 months ago and can say I am very pleased with it. It's very well built, nice looking and really sounds great. I was using Carver gear prior to the Marantz and while very powerful, the Carver stuff just sounds kind of flat to me compared to the Marantz. Especially in the...
  2. mstng281

What is your favorite drink to have while audio relaxing?

Woodford Reserve on the rocks with a splash of Dumante pistachio liqueur and a couple drops of orange bitters. Got it from a restaurant I go to and it's deeeeelicious!!!
  3. mstng281

Last CD purchased?

Clutch, Earth Rocker
  4. mstng281

what would you do? sx-1980 or something new?

I have 2 beautiful vintage receivers (SX-1250 and G8000) in my 2nd and 3rd systems and I love the way they look but only like the way they sound. Not a big deal when you're having a bunch of people over for a party or just hanging out in the basement playing pool. But in my main listening room...
  5. mstng281

Pics of your listening space

Havent posted in quite a while but here are some pics of my system(s). Main system:Carver TFM-42 power amp, Carver C-1 preamp, Sony XA7ES cd player, early Sony blu-ray player, Technics SL-1200mk5 TT w/Grado Prestige Gold and Martin Logan Source speakers. Basement work out/gameroom/bar system...
  6. mstng281

Infinity Crescendo CS 3009

I haven't heard the 3009's but my father has a pair of 3008's. They are very nice sounding speakers but when he refoamed all the drivers he found that the build quality wasn't up to par considering their price when new (luckily he got his for $250 on craigslist). The 3009's were about $2,600 a...
  7. mstng281

Adcom score!

nashvillebill, if you can find that review, I'd love to read it if you can scan it and send it to me or something. I couldn't find too much info online.
  8. mstng281

Adcom score!

Oops fat fingers! I bought a GFA-2. Here's a picture.
  9. mstng281

Adcom score!

Last weekend I was in Rockford Il. (my hometown) visiting my parents for 4th of July weekend. While I was there I checked the local CL ads just in case something good was on there while I was in town. I've been kinda looking for a cheap power amp because my dad gave me a Carver C-1 pre and an...
  10. mstng281

Have you noticed?

That is absolutely correct. Most people misuse the term "subwoofer". Another misunderstanding about subwoofers is when the first ones were being sold by companies like M&K, they were called subwoofers because they were capable of producing deep bass that conventional speakers were generally not...
  11. mstng281

Polk RTA 15's Experts Needed

I had a pair of RTA-11T's and loved them. Then I bought a pair of RTA-15TL's on ebay for $395. I must say that they are awesome. I have them powered by a Carver M1.5t amplifier at 350 wpc and the are effortless. What you gain over the 11T's is a serious bump in bass output and more importantly...
  12. mstng281

AAL Speakers (American AUDIO )

Quote:Translation: Rock-n-Roll party pounders! Just like my HPM-100's:)
  13. mstng281

KR-9600 and LED's

I just got a very nice KR-9600 and was wondering if LED lamps can be installed in it. I love the looks of it and think it would look even cooler with some nice bright lights in it. Thanks. Chad
  14. mstng281

Score!

That is a pole that connects the centers of the 2 internal woofers.
  15. mstng281

Score!

My dad said he removed the midrange/tweeter assembly off the front and took a look at the woofers and such inside. He said everything seems to be in perfect working order. I'm stoked!
  16. mstng281

Score!

Here's one more.
  17. mstng281

Score!

Thanks for all the comments fellas. Got some pics and I must say they look to be in pretty nice shape. Check 'em out.
  18. mstng281

Score!

I'll have my dad send me a couple pics and post them as soon as I get them. I'm already pretty impatient and I might drive up there this weekend and get them.
  19. mstng281

Score!

I live in Indianapolis but am always checking craigslist in my home town of Rockford Il. because my parents still live there and my dad's an audio freak as well. Last night I saw a pair of Kef 104/2's on there for $200. I thought it was too good to be true. So I had my dad call the guy to go...
  20. mstng281

Trade: SX-1250 for KR-9600

My point exactly.
  21. mstng281

I agree it"s a stellar piece but they just don't generally fetch as much as as the big pioneers.
  22. mstng281

So I live in Indianapolis and I saw a nice Kenwood KR-9600 on ebay in Evansville. In the auction the guy states that he would be willing to trade for an SX-1280 or some luxman gear. My dad has a beautiful 9600 and I love it and have always wanted one. So I told him that I have a very nice...
  23. mstng281

Infinity Crescendo CS 3008 speaker question

kbott, Just for your info, there is a cs center channel speaker for sale right now on audiogon.com for $250. Might wanna jump on it if you don't mind it being black. Chad
  24. mstng281

Any good Sansui techs in southeast WI or northern IL??

I am from Rockford Il and have always had good experiences getting repairs done at Videolab. Their phone # is 815-398-0560. Hope that helps.
  25. mstng281

Drivers.Beautiful Drivers. It's getting a bit ridiculous, but still looks super cool!

Benzlo, Very cool setup! I have a pair of 200 watt HPM-100's and a pair of RTA-11t's (among others as well). I got the RTA's on craigslist for $120. I thought it was a darn good deal at the time but after using them for the past 4 months or so, I think it was an absolute steal. I still...
Back
Top Bottom