Search results

1. Killer Fox

Record Cleaning Machine on a Budget. Vevor?

I looked at it but opted for the digital mostly because I can see the exact temperature.
  2. Killer Fox

Nobody is using anything fancy. The ones I bought above were about 4 bucks for a 6 pack and will work great. Stopped by on the way to work. Easy peasy and cheap. Have you seen the price of lumber? That's fancy! LOL
  3. Killer Fox

I didn't get those 3 small spacers / washers on the left. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a pack of craft foam discs to take up some space.
  4. Killer Fox

OK haven't gotten that far yet. I'm stuck on securing the records. Thanks!
  5. Killer Fox

Yes it's a relatively wide gap. There is also a small bag of wing nuts which I cant think of a use for LOL
  6. Killer Fox

OK had some issues to deal with after Christmas so I'm just getting to my Vevor set up now. I didn't get any small spacers with mine. I just want to do 3 or 4 records at a time. How do you keep them snug on the spindle? Also I don't see a set screw that would be in the way?
  7. Killer Fox

Do you put your dishes in the dishwasher without rinsing and leaving food stuck to them? That's what it's like. They come out cleaner when rinsed and agitated first.
  8. Killer Fox

That was my thinking exactly. Agreed.
  9. Killer Fox

I use a little isopropyl alcohol in my Spin Clean rinse. (been using 2 Spin Cleans, one to wash one to rinse). Helps with drying faster.
  10. Killer Fox

I'm a DIYer type and don't mind some tweaks to make soemthing work that would normally be unattainable for me.
  11. Killer Fox

Thanks guys! I unboxed but have been busy with Christmas and now working so no time assemble and test. Won't get to it until Thursday or Friday when I'm off work again.
  12. Killer Fox

My unit arrived about 2 hours ago. Pretty amazing how fast it got here in this day and age right before Christmas!! Can't wait to get home and unbox!
  13. Killer Fox

Ordered this morning and shipped this evening. Wow!
  14. Killer Fox

I also have a vac wand someone here was making about 5 years ago. I think I will get that going for the drying process.
  15. Killer Fox

I'm looking for the cleanest, quietest records possible. If time were that much of an issue I would just stream my music.
  16. Killer Fox

I use Triton X-100, distilled water and 99% isopropyl alcohol. Works great.
  17. Killer Fox

I'm going to try it on some old and beat up records first to get a feel.
  18. Killer Fox

I was thinking about running through the Spin Clean first to get the surface dirt off and loosen everything up first. Have you tried that?
  19. Killer Fox

Selling used gear is a frustrating ordeal!

Don't waste your time playing into that crap. You get to decide how the conversation goes and when it ends. I've never had and issue. I just stop communicating and move on when people become difficult. Easy peasy.
  20. Killer Fox

Good feedback and discussion. Thanks! I ordered mine this morning. I'll probably have questions after I receive. Let's keep the conversation going. Merry Christmas everyone!
  21. Killer Fox

I Killed My DL-110 !!! recommendation?

Wow they were $185 when I bought mine in 2015. I think I would go a different direction at that price.. I'm thinking about stashing mine and using one of my other carts for a while.
  22. Killer Fox

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on. Been busy getting divorced (getting close LOL), moving and new job due covid. Etc etc. I haven't really made any big audio purchases in a few years. Just mainly some records. I've been using 2 Spin Cleans, one to wash and one to rinse. Does a good...
  23. Killer Fox

Seeking tuner service in Carlisle, PA area (central PA)

Let us know how it goes! I haven't been there yet but see his ads on FB. I still live in Hershey but I work at N.B. Liebman in Mechanicsburg (come see me if you need any furniture LOL).
  24. Killer Fox

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Nice! I got Little Girl Blue in excellent condition at GW a few weeks ago. Amongst all the Sing with Mitch LOL
  25. Killer Fox

Don't tell the spouse about this stereo removal service...

I can't hate on someone that has a great idea! The $82 probably covers time, gas and disposal fee if it's junk.
Back
Top Bottom