Search results

1. Speedbump71

Van Alstine T-3 Fet Valve 500 amplifier specs/documentation

Does anyone have the specs/schematics for a Trancendance 3 Fet Valve 500 amplifier by Van Alstine? I picked up the amp and a matching Trancedance 3 Fet Valve Preamplifier a while back, and would like to read through the documentation if it is available somewhere. Im guessing this amp is from...
  2. Speedbump71

New listening chair: leather repair questions

Hey all, I picked up a used Ekornes Stressless recliner to be my new listening chair, but it has some discoloration on the arms of the chair from the previous owner's greasy hands. It also seems to have acrylic clearcoat peeling slightly in some spots. I am working to remove the oil stains...
  3. Speedbump71

New (to me) baby blue monitors - JBL 4301BWX

I was fortunate to pick up a pair of nice little JBL monitors with all the original paperwork including hang tags and original receipt. They need a little cleaning (and a refoam), but I'm pretty stoked to have them. They came with a clean Mitsubishi receiver that had the paperwork too. It...
  4. Speedbump71

Empty L220 Cabinets - Something new to experiment with

Found a set of these cabinets on the cheap today. I happen to have a lot of homeless drivers that might make their way into these. The only hole I cant plug with JBL parts that fit correctly is the spot for the LE14A woofer. Are there any other 14" drivers that JBL made that might be a good...
  5. Speedbump71

Anybody ever seen one of these? Jensen RP-302 Demo Kit

I found this little setup a few years back. I'm not sure if I have ever posted pics of it, so I will do so for posterity, and to see what I can find out about it. It came with a Jensen 222 Coaxial mounted in an Aristocrat cabinet, and this rig was placed on top. The story I got from the...
  6. Speedbump71

Misfortune to opportunity...Water damage remodel incoming

Hey all, We had a bit of misfortune at the house due to an overflowing washing machine. This sucks mightily. So I'm trying to find the silver lining by planning any upgrades to the downstairs listening space. I am posting a good picture of the space, will describe its limitations, and see if...
  7. Speedbump71

Opinions on Dynaudio BM5A MKII powered monitors

Stole a pair of these in an online auction for $50 plus whatever it is going to cost to get them to me safe. Thought I would post here to justify my purchase :) I have never heard a set, but have always been curious about Dynaudio stuff. I thought these would be a good way to get my feet wet...
  8. Speedbump71

Radian Diaphragms in 2440's. To shim or not to shim?

Hello all, Finishing up a 2440 restoration that is documented elsewhere on the forum. My Radian replacement diaphragms came with shims, but I'm just not sure if I need them. Do I just play the things, and if I think they are hitting the phase plug under power install the shims? There...
  9. Speedbump71

A tale of the Kappa 9 vs the Crown XLS - 1000

Absolutely unreal. I picked up one of the Crown XLS amps off of CL this morning since I have been looking to offload the low end of my Kappa 9's from my Krell KSA-80. I didn't want to jump in with both feet quite yet, as I had my doubts that the Chinese made Crown class D style amps could do...
  10. Speedbump71

Now a resto thread : JBL 2440 Compression drivers refinish with new diaphragms

Hello all, I am replacing the original 375's in a set of S8 Flairs with a set of 2440s, that had been repaired in the 80's with 2445J diaphragms. I was told when I bought them that one diaphragm was bad, and the other measured open, and have found that to be the case. In a 3 way setup like...
  11. Speedbump71

So I got this sealed Frampton comes Alive vinyl with a turntable I bought....

It looks like a first pressing, printed in USA 1976. The hype sticker has a couple more songs on it than others I have seen, so maybe not first pressing? Anyway whats something like this worth? I have several copies of this album, so maybe I'll sell this one on, since I would never open it in...
  12. Speedbump71

Heathkit W2M score and some questions

I picked up a pair of W2M Heathkit tube amps at a sale today. One seems to be partially restored, and has KT66 output tubes, the other hasnt been worked on yet, and is missing its tubes. I dont think these came with KT66 installed anyway, but I like the idea of a little more power than the...
  13. Speedbump71

Koss Electrostatic Stereophone Energizing Source...?

Picked one of these up in an auction lot. It is missing its oval power cord. Do they have a use other than powering Koss headphones? Are they desirable at all? Not asking value, just trying to decide what to do with it. I'm not really a headphone guy to be honest. At least now I know what...
  14. Speedbump71

Macro-Tech fan noise and would you put one on the bottom end of your Kappas?

I am looking at some Crown Macro-Tech amplifiers locally, thinking they would be great to relieve some of the load of my kappa 9's from my Krell KSA-80. The Krell handles them in extended mode to a point, but I don't really get the volume levels in my room that I want. I am interested in...
  15. Speedbump71

Kappa 9 assembly day

The hog is in the tunnel!! I repeat...the hog is in the tunnel! No turning back now, its about time to see what the Krell/Kappa pairing sounds like :) Polydomes courtesy of Millersound while I wait for the new domes to become available here (for my other set).
  16. Speedbump71

Impulse buy.....

Pick these up in the morning. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I'm pretty sure they have 4 2226H woogers :) in there. Just when I started making a little room in the shop.....
  17. Speedbump71

Weird Gibson Combo amp

Picked this guy up yesterday. It is marked as a Gibson G100B, but it is in a strange configuration. G100A was a dual 12" 200W guitar amp. G100B was a dual 15" version of that amp. For some reason mine has 2 12"s and a 15". Sounds good, works good, just 0% info available online. Maybe I have...
  18. Speedbump71

Is this what I think it is?

I purchased this along with some electronics components at an estate sale. It is unlabeled, but very well built. I plugged it in and measured a few voltages, and it looks to put out ~22,44,66,88,and 122 Volts. The more I look, the more it makes sense that this is a farm radio power supply...
  19. Speedbump71

Mono rig startup: RCA Jensen Frankenstein (project)

Hello all. I have been loitering in the parts closet, trying to get some drivers in enclosures, to consolidate some space. I went out to the shed, and found this old RCA SPK-1 extension speaker enclosure. I took a couple before pics here for documentation purposes. The cloth was nasty...
  20. Speedbump71

What horns for a 2425J build?

The econowave thread is very interesting, and I'm taking it all in, but I'm looking for a few quick suggestions on horns for a set of JBL 2425J drivers I want to use in an Econowave project. I will probably be trying these first on top of some Aristocrat cabinets with Audio Nirvana 12's in them...
  21. Speedbump71

Speaker ID

Any guesses on these? Hard to tell from the ad.
  22. Speedbump71

JBL L200A REW measurements and some questions

OK all, I have mostly finished my JBL L200A restoration, and recapped the LX16A crossovers with poly film caps. I used a Dayton UMM-6 and REW to take 1m measurements from the Left speaker in my listening space. I took one measurement at each setting of the midrange level control (-6dB, -4dB...
  23. Speedbump71

Variation in size of JBL H93 horns?

I recently purchased an H93 horn, and when it arrived it was slightly smaller in all dimensions from my orphaned H93 here at the house. I think it may be aftermarket, because it is a 1/4" shorter in length, made of thinner material, and is about .1" off as far as exit diameter. How much (if...
  24. Speedbump71

Talk me out of some 4698B Cabaret Series.....

Looking around at a guys pile of PA stuff and I spotted a set of 4698B Cabaret series cabs. These have an 18" woofer, 10" mid, and a butt cheek tweeter in giant cabinets. They look like the makings of something good in ugly boxes. Are these worth picking up for a few hundred bucks? (I am...
  25. Speedbump71

Speaker cloth over inside of port tube?

I am stuffing some cabs with some fairly loose weave fiberglass. I would like to keep from poofing any dust out into the room, and thought about placing black speaker cloth over the interior end of the ports. This would accomplish two things...keep me from seeing fiberglass when I stare down...
Back
Top Bottom